Karma for now
12Next >
3875 52 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Island
lvl.2
United States

I recently sold my Phantom thinking I would get my Mavic sooner than I now realize.. So For now I went to best buy and picked up GoPro's Karma thinking why not test it out and return it in the 40 day return period (best buy elite or something like that) If I Don't like it...
Instead of sitting on this forum and complaining go get something to keep you busy till Mavic comes out. Just make sure you dont crash and break it
Will let you know how this thing performs while I wait for the real thing

2016-11-3
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
United States

I wouldnt risk it but hope you can return it with best buy elite?
2016-11-3
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Done it before with other products, no issue there. Best buy is very easy with returns as long as it looks good
2016-11-3
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

You actually found one in store? They're having the same supplying issue as DJI, well maybe not the same but it's hard to find them.
2016-11-3
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-3 18:27
You actually found one in store? They're having the same supplying issue as DJI, well maybe not the  ...

I sure did, even though when I got to the store the gentlemen said they could'nt sell it. Went online said pick up today.. Purchased it online and picked it up within in hour Ha!Brought the battery and charger to work with me so It'll be all ready to fly after. image2.jpg
2016-11-3
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Island Posted at 2016-11-3 18:40
I sure did, even though when I got to the store the gentlemen said they could'nt sell it. Went onl ...

Woah, new to this forum that photo posted really huge.
2016-11-3
Use props
ElectricN3RD
New

United States

Thats awesome. I just checked my local Best Buys here in Colorado and their are about 15 available for pickup right now. They all have the Hero4 not the Hero5 though.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry your Mavic is delayed and glad you got the Karma BUT test it out and return it in 40 days ?
Hope it works out for you
What's you order# for the Mavic.
2016-11-3
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 19:06
I'm sorry your Mavic is delayed and glad you got the Karma BUT test it out and return it in 40 days  ...

Hey Ken! Can you PM me so I can respond?
2016-11-3
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 19:06
I'm sorry your Mavic is delayed and glad you got the Karma BUT test it out and return it in 40 days  ...

Well thats if I don't like it, if I do I will keep both. I actually ordered from a 3rd party website (full compass) since they have ordered some closer to the beginning of October said they ETA was Nov, 20th. From what Dji has told them. Either way if that date isn't accuracte I would be getting it sooner then if I ordered now direct from dji
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Babblin5 Posted at 2016-11-4 10:24
Hey Ken! Can you PM me so I can respond?

We don't do PM's but you can shoot me an email if it does not have anything to do with shipping.
djiken@dji.com
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Island Posted at 2016-11-4 10:25
Well thats if I don't like it, if I do I will keep both. I actually ordered from a 3rd party websit ...

Ok, the post didn't seem like that.
But anyways, that's none of my business how you purchase/return your products.
I would like to try out the karma as well.
Hopefully one of my friends or neighbors gets one.
If there was no Mavic, that's the one I would probably buy.
2016-11-3
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Oh okay, guess I didn't type it like that. But yes if I like the Karma I will keep it along with the mavic which I'm keeping for sure. I don't know of many people around the area where I live who fly drones or I'd bank on someone close to get one as well so that I wouldn't have to get both
With that being said theres got to be a forum of where people are from and fly.  
2016-11-3
Use props
fans3974ae06
lvl.2

2016-11-3
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>

Island Posted at 2016-11-4 10:25
Well thats if I don't like it, if I do I will keep both. I actually ordered from a 3rd party websit ...

Why do you need two drones?
2016-11-3
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

yoengel Posted at 2016-11-3 20:52

I already have a drone (Align LEAP 450) and pre ordered the Mavic.... Quad copters are awesome, thats why
2016-11-3
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

What if a friend wants to come along and record with me? Or I find settings on the go pro that work better at the time, or vice versa. You never know
2016-11-3
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

Congrats man, it definitely would have been purchased if i didn't hear about the mavic. either one is pretty damn cool and both is even better
2016-11-3
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>

Island Posted at 2016-11-4 09:24
Done it before with other products, no issue there. Best buy is very easy with returns as long as it ...

You and people like you, are the reason prices are like they are.
2016-11-3
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Puttmaster Posted at 2016-11-3 21:37

When you don't like a product you should be able to return it. If you read the forum and my replies you should be able to see I said I'd keep the drone if I like it.
2016-11-3
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Puttmaster Posted at 2016-11-3 21:37

Exactly!

It's one thing to be a d!ck, another to post it online for everyone to see.

Hey let's all go buy new drones and return them within 40 days and see if we can bankrupt the company!
2016-11-3
Use props
jorgeascott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300978 ft
  • >>>
United States

yoengel Posted at 2016-11-4 11:52

Oh , excuse me. But i have 6, and waiting the Mavic. What do you think? All from DJI. I like drones.
2016-11-3
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
  • >>>

Island Posted at 2016-11-4 12:13
What if a friend wants to come along and record with me? Or I find settings on the go pro that work  ...

Are you going to let your drone newbie friend fly your drone, that could be dangerous.  Settings that you like...did you read the specs before buying the Karma?

So many what ifs.  These return policies are there for a reason and are not meant to be abused.

2016-11-3
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
  • >>>

jorgeascott Posted at 2016-11-4 14:56
Oh , excuse me. But i have 6, and waiting the Mavic. What do you think? All from DJI. I like drone ...

Is there any reason why you need six?
2016-11-3
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

I've seen nothing but terrible feedback for the Karma.
2016-11-3
Use props
Island
lvl.2

Of course I would let some of my friends fly my drones, wouldn't see why not. Maybe back when we had to build drones with no gps, would I? Probably not. They are so easy to fly now so I don't see a problem with that.
As far as your questions with different settings goes is yes the mavic has bunch of different video settings. Go pro is pretty set with a default beautiful video. So with that said having the two will be a bonus when on the go or in a hurry.
2016-11-4
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

Why not own 2, 5 or 10 drones? If your passionate about something and you can afford it, why not?

I own 10 guitars. Do I need them? No. Am I such a great guitar player that I need multiple guitars on stage because of tonal differences for different songs? No. Just love guitars and always wanted specific types of guitars. Same could apply to drones...
2016-11-4
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

GoPro had production issues with the Hero5 and discovered an issue late in the process, that's why you can't find the Karma with the 5. At least that's what they said yesterday in their earnings report, which also tanked their stocks, again.
2016-11-4
Use props
rtazz17
lvl.2

Good luck returning that karma if you decide to...If they open box which im sure they will and see evidence of dirt etc.,you wont be able to.Its not like returning a camera.You are outside with it ,meaning landing in dirt dust rocks.. Im thinking you are going to end up keeping it.... But I got to agree,dont post about testing it and returning it.Thats why pricing is where its at...
2016-11-4
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.2

United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-3 22:16
Exactly!

It's one thing to be a d!ck, another to post it online for everyone to see.

Returns have nothing to do with pricing other than a facet of the overall cost of doing business. Pricing is set at a point where the company believes they will be able to maximize the profit.  These companies are charging "what the market will bear".
2016-11-4
Use props
Chango
lvl.2

United States

yoengel Posted at 2016-11-4 01:04
Is there any reason why you need six?

lol, good lord, that's his business . . . if he want's 20 of them and can afford it why do u care???
2016-11-4
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

So how do you like the Karma so far? I'm thinking about doing the same thing. My local Best Buy has the Hero 4 combos in stock and I really need a drone for my trip coming up in 4 days. I was betting on taking the Mavic but it looks like I'm going to have to ditch that idea....
2016-11-4
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
  • >>>

Chango Posted at 2016-11-5 03:09
lol, good lord, that's his business . . . if he want's 20 of them and can afford it why do u care? ...

I'm new to droning and I'm curious.  I have different bikes for different situations and would like to know the equivalent for drones.

My asking him is none of your business by the way.
2016-11-4
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just checked Best Buy's return policy and they have an extended holiday season return policy. Here's what's explained on their website:

Extended Holiday Returns Promise

Buy your gifts and other items this holiday with the peace-of-mind of easy returns. Almost every purchase made throughout November and December can be returned through January 15, 2017.

Purchases made between Oct. 30 — Dec. 31, 2016 have an extended return period through January 15, 2017, excluding items purchased with a third-party contract (ex. Mobile Phone carrier contracts, AppleCare monthly plans, DirecTV, etc.). All other terms and conditions of our Return & Exchange Promise apply.

My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus members have an extended holiday return/exchange window. Elite members have through January 30, 2017 to return or exchange products purchased between October 30 and December 31, 2016, while Elite Plus members can return or exchange purchases made in that timeframe through February 14, 2017. Previously mentioned exclusions apply.
2016-11-4
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

I don't get why some people on here are uptight about him buying with the intentions of returning the drone if he doesn't like it or keeping it if he does like it.  GoPro announced the Karma as being this awesome product. If he decides it doesn't live up to what GoPro said it is, he should be able to return it.  Now, buying it with full intentions of returning it after playing with it just before the return policy ends is dishonest.
2016-11-4
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

stealle Posted at 2016-11-4 23:35
I don't get why some people on here are uptight about him buying with the intentions of returning th ...

Now, buying it with full intentions of returning it after playing with it just before the return policy ends is dishonest.

But perfectly legal.
2016-11-4
Use props
Cal_Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1144856 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 10:06

I know you work magic Ken. I ordered mine the 29th of October around 3:30p from amazon. It was a flymore pack plus an additional battery. I follow your youtube videos so I know your the man with the plan. Is there any chance I'm getting it sometime this year? Thanks
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Cal_Phantom Posted at 2016-11-5 10:26
I know you work magic Ken. I ordered mine the 29th of October around 3:30p from amazon. It was a f ...

My personal opinion, you ordered last week and the newsletter said orders up to Nov 3rd would try to be shipped in 7-8 weeks. My crystal ball is saying there's a good chance you will not get it by Dec 31st based on the newsletter. Sorry about that.
Now if you would have ordered Sept 29th I think you would have it soon.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

And since this thread involves the Karma, here's a few links to the latest reviews.

UPDATE, NOVEMBER 4, 2016: We got this wrong. We were far from the only reviewers to do so, but still, wrong is wrong. In short, we are changing our pick to recommend the DJI Mavic Pro. Here’s why.
https://www.wired.com/2016/11/gopro-karma-vs-dji-mavic-pro

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/ ... -drone-review-price

2016-11-4
Use props
Chango
lvl.2

United States

yoengel Posted at 2016-11-4 14:27
I'm new to droning and I'm curious.  I have different bikes for different situations and would like ...

Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules