Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where to get longer RC to Micro USB cable?
3030 5 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicPro4K
lvl.1

United States

Can someone point me in the right direction to get a longer RC to Micro USB Cable so I use my tablet?
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify which aircraft you have?
2016-11-3
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mavic,

Do be careful with long cables, they make radio waves that interfere with your Remote Control and Aircraft communications.  You probably do not need anything longer than a 1 foot cable.  Most electronics stores, department stores, computer stores and even telephone stores sell USB to Micro-USB cables of varying lengths.  Also be aware that not all Micro USB cables are Data Cables.  Some are charge only cables and do not transmit data which means they are useless for flying Phantoms.

Your Phantom is supposed to come with a short Micro USB cable or like your moniker implies, do you want to try to use a tablet with a MavicPro?  Most Smart phones come with data cables and many of them are short.  The Smart phone connects to a computer as a media device which means they need to transmit data.  Your tablet is going to have to connect to the Remote Controller as a media device in order for the DJI GO app to work.  

Be careful.  The Mavic Pro is not designed to be used with a tablet or certainly a large tablet.  Check the width of the Mavic Remote Control cell phone holder to see if your tablet can fit.  If your tablet works with the MavicPro RC and AC, you could probably make an adapter that would fit in the RC phone holder but attach to the larger tablet.  Interesting?!?

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-3
Use props
xox
New
Germany

Cetaman Posted at 2016-11-3 22:07
Aloha Mavic,

Do be careful with long cables, they make radio waves that interfere with your Remote Control and Aircraft communications.  You probably do not need anything longer than a 1 foot cable.  Most electronics stores, department stores, computer stores and even telephone stores sell USB to Micro-USB cables of varying lengths.  Also be aware that not all Micro USB cables are Data Cables.  Some are charge only cables and do not transmit data which means they are useless for flying Phantoms.

well few cm more would be fine..
i have a sony z3 compact and the plug is at the side, not on top..

2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

xox Posted at 2017-5-15 13:18

Good to hear it's working alright for you.
2017-5-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

xox Posted at 2017-5-15 13:18

Aloha xox,

Some vendors also sell USB cables with right angle micro USB heads.  But you will need to look for them on the web sites.  I have one for my P4 Pro and it works nicely.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules