Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Paypal-dispute, DJI wants me to close it to refund my money
698007 698007 2016-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc30949bc
lvl.1
Germany

I am slowly really getting really angry about the methods of this company. First the whole hassle with the pre-order and the delivery date of the mavic and now this. After the official statement yesterday I opened a paypal-dispute to get my money back. Now I am getting this answer:

Dear Sir,   Thanks for your email and sorry for all the inconvenience caused.   We have cancelled this order from our system.   Could you please kindly drop this dispute so that our financial co-worker can operate refund?  Thanks and Have a nice day

So they want me to drop this dispute and lose all my paypal-buyer protection (so they can wait another 7-8 weeks to refund me?).
I know non-closed disputes have a negative effect on the seller's paypal-account, but after what they have done, I honestly think this is what DJI deserves. I advise everyone to open a dispute themself, DJI really needs to see the consequences of treating customers and keeping their money like this.
2016-11-4
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

They asked me the same thing with my credit card company. My reply was a resounding: Hell NO!
2016-11-4
Use props
qMvQTfjUrm4z
Second Officer

United States

They did the same thing to me.  I checked with Paypal.  This is NOT normal process, and Paypal advised me NOT to do this.  I responded to DJI about the Paypal response, threatened to call my credit card company as well as the Federal Trade Commission, and they refunded my money the next day.
2016-11-4
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.3
United Kingdom

it is probably because each time a dispute is made to credit companies and finance merchants related to reversing a charge, a flag is raised against the company in question. If too many flags are raised, the company gets black listed. The same thing happened with the Irish jewellery company Nigel o' Hara a couplw of years ago (you can google it). Anyway, the company has now gone under administration and is not allowed to sell anymore. I think that's why DJI is requesting you all to drop the disputes you have made.[td][td]

2016-11-4
Use props
trance728
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

Well maybe this will teach them a lesson to not charge people until they ship.
2016-11-4
Use props
flipside
lvl.3

Spain

enc3phalon Posted at 2016-11-4 14:31
it is probably because each time a dispute is made to credit companies and finance merchants related ...

Yes, of course it's for that reason. That doesn't justify DJI refusing to refund until the case is dropped. Just the opposite.
2016-11-4
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

flipside Posted at 2016-11-4 07:27
Yes, of course it's for that reason. That doesn't justify DJI refusing to refund until the case is ...

It doesn't matter, because they'll never respond to PayPal, and then 10 days after the dispute was made, you automatically get your refund from PayPal. It doesn't mean you won't get your refund, just that you won't get it directly from DJI.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

That is not how it works, since you filed a dispute instead of contacting DJI directly to cancel your order they need you to close the dispute then they can refund your money.
If you keep the dispute open, then Paypal will refund your money after the dispute is closed.
Either way, you will get your refund in a timely manner. It just would have been a lot faster if you would have done it directly through DJI.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bbkinglives Posted at 2016-11-4 21:06
They asked me the same thing with my credit card company. My reply was a resounding: Hell NO!

Read my post.
2016-11-4
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

DJI-Ken. How it actually happens is like this: You order a product, the merchant takes your money they are supposed to ship your product. If they don't ship your product you can start a dispute. All of this would have been avoided very easily had DJI NOT taken our money for months on end! So NO one should not have to go through the hassle to cancel an order to get their money back DJI should fulfill their promise and deliver the goods and services, or simple DO NOT CHARGE our cards, charge only when shipped. Simple and straight forward. DJI moving forward had done a huge disservice to themselves and their customers. So future customer will no longer buy direct, therefore less profit for DJI. I say good!
2016-11-4
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 17:22
That is not how it works, since you filed a dispute instead of contacting DJI directly to cancel you ...

The problem is with most credit agencies, once you close a dispute, you cannot reopen it. This is definitely the case with paypal which is why the agencies are strongly advising their customers not the close the dispute. Maybe, when you get a chance, if you could put up a sticky on the forum telling the members how to go about cancelling their order, they can follow it without having to open a dispute.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bbkinglives Posted at 2016-11-5 01:36
DJI-Ken. How it actually happens is like this: You order a product, the merchant takes your money th ...

And if you read the latest announcement it addresses this.
You are free to cancel however you like, through DJI or a dispute with PayPal.
All I am saying is that you would get your refund much quicker through cancelling with DJI directly.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

enc3phalon Posted at 2016-11-5 01:41
The problem is with most credit agencies, once you close a dispute, you cannot reopen it. This is  ...

I think most all know that they can cancel directly through DJI but they feel bette somehow filing a dispute through PayPal.
They're free to do it however they want, although there may be a few that may benefit from a sticky but I think most people would post in the thread saying the DJi doesn't want you to file a dispute so please cancel through DJI and then more negative posts will ensue.
So let them cancel however they want.
2016-11-4
Use props
giusis00
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 18:22
That is not how it works, since you filed a dispute instead of contacting DJI directly to cancel you ...

This is not correct, the Vendor has the option to (literally):

"Refund the customer and close the dispute"

The dispute is auto-closed (without the other party / customer intervention) if the seller (DJI) will press the button to refund (it requires a couple of seconds).

There is no legit reasons for a seller to invite the customer to close the dispute on their side, without first have received the full amount.
In fact doing so will expose the customer to be scammed.
The usual reasons for a vendor to not use the refund option within Paypal and close the dispute is one of the following:

- Trying to delay the refund indefinitely (after the customer closes a dispute he cannot reopen it);
- Do not refund the complete amount to the customer (it is illegal in all the EU countries and US);
- Do not refund the customer at all (it is obviously illegal);

I don't know the reason behind the DJI request, but it's surely not legit and if it is proven their Paypal account could be blocked (it's against the Paypal policy a such behavior).
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-5 02:13
This is not correct, the Vendor has the option to (literally):

"Refund the customer and close the  ...

Trust me DJI is the largest drone company in the world and hold the global market share by a HUGE margin and been in business for 10 years.
They are not going to attempt to scam you.
DJI is going nowhere but up with there innovative products and due to the overwhelming demand of the Mavic causing shipping delays only proves that DJI is #1 in the drone world. The ordering webpage was crashing all day long on launch day due to probably thousands or tens of thousands trying to hurry and pre-order.

I'm sorry that there's a whole lot of upset people out there that they do not have their Mavics yet, but they will get delivered and I can guarantee that you will truly be impressed.
I am in line waiting with all the rest of you as I also am waiting for my FlyMore combo and I understand the frustration.
2016-11-4
Use props
giusis00
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 19:39
Trust me DJI is the largest drone company in the world and hold the global market share by a HUGE  ...

Hi, I didn't said DJI is trying to scam me or anyone else (doing so would be really stupid indeed).
I gave you a list of the reasons of why a seller would ask a customers who is asking to be refunded to close a dispute.
I was also responding to your post were you said that what they was doing is legit (closing a dispute, then refunding the customer), the information you gave was wrong, because the seller (DJI) has the option to close the dispute with a refund (it's automatic), there's no need to invite the customers to do anything.
While in fact it's exactly the opposite: such behavior is against the Paypal Term of Service and DJI is risking their account to get locked inviting people to close a dispute by contacting them privately.

To make this clear: Paypal offer the option (it's literally a link) to "Close the dispute & refund", it closes the dispute, and will cancel/refund the transaction. It requires a couple of seconds and both the parties will not pay for the fees, there's no (legit) reason to not do so.
2016-11-4
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 02:39
Trust me DJI is the largest drone company in the world and hold the global market share by a HUGE  ...

Well not know exactly when you will receive your item, does kinda feel like a scam somewhat.  I know they have been in business for a while.  I thought you already received your Mavic?
2016-11-4
Use props
copilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 02:07
I think most all know that they can cancel directly through DJI but they feel bette somehow filing ...

Cancel away!!!!!! I want to skip the line haha
2016-11-4
Use props
fansf29a9bd8
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-4
Use props
NikNokQ
lvl.1

People are awesome.. you know what means PRE in preorder? Just wait and let them do! It's crazy highend tech everybody wants! It was CLEAR that it might (will) take longer!
Close your f*** in disputes, behave grown up please! Or even try to!
2016-11-4
Use props
fansf29a9bd8
Banned

United States

2016-11-4
Use props
symbol
lvl.4
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-4 18:47
Hi, I didn't said DJI is trying to scam me or anyone else (doing so would be really stupid indeed) ...

I have to say you are correct - Paypal explained the same to me - a simple button click from DJI is all that is needed to enable the Paypal refund instantly, in full and close the dispute... and I use Paypal as a payment option for my own online business. If DJI fail to press the refund button or give a reasonable response, the refund is automatically enforced after 10 days. Disputes should not be cancelled because they cannot be re-opened if there is a further issue.

I can understand DJI preferring customers to get a direct cancellation/refund as it helps to avoid further investigation by Paypal. I'm 100% sure that DJI are reputable though and your money is safe either way.
2016-11-4
Use props
NikNokQ
lvl.1

Multiple month? Are we in the future? It's two weeks over the "release date".. they never promised us to get it in our hands on Oct15;) even if also me hoped so..
Paypal Disputes are for "criminals" - think about it?!

Yes they have my money, now I wait for my toy - ok, and I want it to be well build when it comes..

Surgery: the fastest operation is not the best operation;)
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-5 02:49
Well not know exactly when you will receive your item, does kinda feel like a scam somewhat.  I kn ...

No, I have not received mine yet, I just just to fly them at work for now.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansf29a9bd8
Banned

United States

2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fansf29a9bd8 Posted at 2016-11-5 03:03
Some people don't like giving a zero interest loan for multiple months past release date. It's under ...

It is not the easiest way to cancel as you will have to wait longer for your refund.
And a zero interest loan for months. How long ago did money come out of your savings account and what's the exact dollar ( I mean cent) amount you lost up to the date you cancelled your order.And the Mavic started shipping 5 days after they said it would. It has not been months.
2016-11-4
Use props
enc3phalon
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I don't know what the rules are for other countries, but here in the UK When you contact the resolution team of a credit agency, unless it is a clear case of fraud or theft, they first ask you to contact the seller directly to resolve the issue internally, if you do not get a reply in 10 working days, or they refuse to refund your money or they are dilly-dallying with the refund, it is only then that the resolution team take over and refund the money. I would suggest that you contact DJI initially for a refund. You only open a resolution case when the company you're claiming a refund from, ignores or refuses to refund you. If you go straight to starting a dispute, DJI has every right to challenge your dispute on the basis of you not informing them in any way your wish to cancel the order.

Initially, when you open a dispute, the seller is notified of the dispute and given an opportunity to repay the buyer. If the seller fails to do so, the credit agency refunds the money to the buyer and it is at this point that the buyer loses the option the repay the buyer.
2016-11-4
Use props
symbol
lvl.4
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

fansf29a9bd8 Posted at 2016-11-4 19:18
Actually DJI said they will "try" to ship the product in 7-8 weeks from yesterday. By normal mathema ...

That's the problem with information and interpretation - it doesn't mean they are going to produce a mountain of Mavics and send them all out in 7 to 8 weeks.

They will stick to the (very approximate) first come, first served. If you ordered early you will get yours sooner. If you ordered on the 3rd NOVEMBER then hope for delivery in 7 to 8 weeks... or am I going mad too!?
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

copilot Posted at 2016-11-5 02:52
Cancel away!!!!!! I want to skip the line haha

Correct, every cancellation bumps you up one spot.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansf29a9bd8
Banned

United States

2016-11-4
Use props
NikNokQ
lvl.1

Anyone gets more than zero loan on the bank? I also don't like it so much to pay in advance, but that's what we need to accept if we want to be the first ones flyin it..

For sure you will be angry again if you see my first video here;) you will pay the same money, but will see the Mavic in 2017..
2016-11-4
Use props
giusis00
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 20:20
It is not the easiest way to cancel as you will have to wait longer for your refund.
And a zero int ...

I believe that the customer was referring to the practice to collect the customers money before the product is actually available. This is a borderline practice, and DJI agreed to revise this procedure and eventually charge the buyer only when the product is ready to be shipped (that is what the big shops like Amazon are doing already).
As for the fast refund method... I do only partially agree: I would contact DJI, give them 5 working days, if they doesn't refund within those 5 days, I will open a Paypal dispute (with a dispute they are forced to send out the product or refund you), this is the correct procedure anyone who want to be refunded should follow.

2016-11-4
Use props
fans872b29c3
  • >>>
United States

by now DJI Knows whats going on and they could have built a platform to more or less have an idea we mavic are being built from statr to finish to ship. for each customer. reguards of what the problem is.  
THAT'S ALL!!!
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fansf29a9bd8 Posted at 2016-11-5 03:34
Saying that the Mavic "shipped 5 days after they said it would" is misleading at BEST when DJI itsel ...

I agree the numbers tat started shipping 5 days after the ship date was low in comparison to the amount that was ordered. I don't know the quantity that was ordered whether it was hundreds or thousands.
And I said the Mavic "started" shipping, not "shipped".
Regardless, your orders will arrive when they do unless you've cancelled.

Also, you didn't purchase directly with your credit card, it was done through PayPal and PayPal has their dispute process.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-5 03:50
I believe that the customer was referring to the practice to collect the customers money before the ...

DJI has been doing that from the beginning, and you are coming to conclusions. DJI never said they agreed to revise their procedure and charge after shipping. Please read the newsletter again. It said "examining potential alternatives with our payment provider"
2016-11-4
Use props
fansf29a9bd8
Banned

United States

2016-11-4
Use props
giusis00
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 22:53
DJI has been doing that from the beginning, and you are coming to conclusions. DJI never said they ...

What DJI is doing from the start is wrong, hence they will eventually (notice the word I used: eventually) change it. If they'll do it right (charging money when the product is ready to be shipped) everyone will be happy: we won't have this refunds issues and people will have their money in their own availability until it's shipped.
2016-11-4
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf29a9bd8 Posted at 2016-11-4 13:55
For anyone who wants to cancel- it is MUCH more efficient to simply file a PayPal dispute or cancel  ...

Or just email sales.  They will reply and get you a refund significantly faster than what this guy is doing.  It may take a few days for their initial reply now, but even counting for that, it's much faster than trying to dispute it.  
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-5 06:13
What DJI is doing from the start is wrong, hence they will eventually (notice the word I used: eve ...

And we will have to wait and see if and what changes are made down the road.
I ordered a FlyMore combo too and my account has also been deducted.
Do I wish I had mine already so I can take it to incredible places to get incredible photos/video, or course I do. But I don't have it yet, so in the meantime I have to carry around my P4 in it's case.
2016-11-4
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-4 17:13
What DJI is doing from the start is wrong, hence they will eventually (notice the word I used: eve ...

That's true.  I expect as DJI gets bigger they will improve their entire process.
2016-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules