Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yunior
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone,

Just placed an order for the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo on Oct. 29th.

I been reading many issues with the Mavic on this forum and there is even a poll which most of the people that have them have some type of issue.

Seriously starting to get worried on this new product from DJI.

I currently have an Inspire and have flown it for more than a year now with no issues.

The last thing I need is for a bad drone to crash into somebody or some property.

I wonder if most of these issues people are reporting are just bogus.

Any thoughts.

2016-11-4
Use props
F.C Drone City
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909 ft

I'm newbie I flew before P4 took it back & pre order the Mavic , I never regretted it . Wow this little machine it's amazing it's does what P4 @ inspire do + more . you'll get basically a Portobal Phantom 4 . Trust me you'll love it at the 1st touch . Well built solid not cheap looking , small , smart ..... but if you want a wide angle like people clam that Karma can offer , go with Phantom 4 than . The Karma is those old  ugly Buick car design.
2016-11-4
Use props
Thomusvoo
lvl.2

I honestly think all the flying and crashing issues are user error.
2016-11-4
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

I believed some of these Lost of Control incidents were not user errors, but I think they are representing a small amount of defect among many out there.  When things are working fine, usually they won't be coming to the forum to talk about it.  I was first worried about flying it after seeing all these reports, but after a few flights, it does leave me to believe that it is just very stable and fun to fly.  Though I have to admit that I have not use the RTH feature yet, because that seems to be where everyone had an issue with.
2016-11-4
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

fai58 Posted at 2016-11-4 14:53
I believed some of these Lost of Control incidents were not user errors, but I think they are repres ...

Ironically, some times you aren't called to decide to use the RTH... mine kicked in itself for no reason, without giving me the possibility to cancel, and almost crashed my drone.
I think all this issues will be solved with the future updates, but considering the number of Mavic sent out and the people who are on this forum, the number of failure is really alarming.
Until we hear back from DJI on what's going on (on all the incidents sent to them.. including mine.. they didn't said a word yet.. indicating probably that an issue exists) I would have mine on ground.
You're flying yours without issues.. and I'm sure I could fly my again without trouble eventually for weeks.. but this problems are random, and a single time is enough to say bye bye to your bird.
2016-11-4
Use props
rtazz17
lvl.2

I think if you read the threads on this forum you can answer your own question.I cancelled mine.Too risky at this point to lose a grand over open water or in a tree.I would wait if I were you
2016-11-4
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

I would not worry much about it seeing as you probably will not get it till some time in 2017.
2016-11-4
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the same old same old.  If you've been here for all the prior launches, these reports should not even remotely scare you.  I'll fly mine the moment I get it.  
2016-11-4
Use props
Yunior
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I will keep my order then, and hope for the best. I have had so far 2 different drones with DJI. Phantom 3 Advanced and currently the Inspire. Hopefully the little Mavic does not disappoint. Just want it for it's awesome portability. I ordered mines through Amazon. A re seller called "Aim To Find". When I placed my order on Oct.29th it gave me delivery date of Nov. 17th. Contacted them to see if the delivery date was correct and they promised the date was correct as they do have shipments coming in. I even emailed them again as now the delivery date changed to the 29th, but they advised that is only for the people that would order today. That my order will still be delivered by the 17th of Nov. Still had a little doubt, so I replied by asking them if they knew about the delays going on with DJI and they got back to me saying that "Yes", they are aware of the delays and the high demands but that my order would be shipped out and delivered by the 17th. I know it's kind of hard to believe, but hopefully it's all true. The re seller has almost 100% positive feedback. We will see.
2016-11-4
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

I wonder if some of those crashes were due to people not removing the small protective stickers covering the sensors and the pilot was too embarrassed to admit after finding them on there, we will never know. I can't wait to get mine!
2016-11-4
Use props
Yunior
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RAVEN7 Posted at 2016-11-4 13:53
I wonder if some of those crashes were due to people not removing the small protective stickers cove ...

I have noticed that too. Even many of the youtube unboxing have not shown or removed the plastic covers on the sensors.
2016-11-4
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

Yunior Posted at 2016-11-4 11:01
I have noticed that too. Even many of the youtube unboxing have not shown or removed the plastic c ...

I mean the description of some of there crashes, backing up and spiraling as if was the forward sensors detecting an obstacle trying to avoid it, kinda points to those sensors being covered... idk. Also by the time we get ours, a couple firware updates will be tried and tested, I think we will be good.
2016-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Look I was around for P4 launch, it was similar, firmware issues sorted out very quickly, other niggly bits were ironed out over a short period of time,
P4 as it stands is a truly great aircraft only just six months old.
One difference I have noticed is there are a lot of newbies involved in purchasing Mavic, so it may take a bit longer to settle down.
But you have experience and weather it's calibration issues camera focusing IMU compass uploading firmwear/software, so your streets ahead of most newbies.
So I would take with a pinch of salt half the problems going on around here,
Go for it.....
2016-11-4
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

Great post. I have same concerns. Only difference is my order was cancelled by the seller because of continuing delays. They said they'd contact me to reorder once they actually have them in stock. It's definitely giving me time to think. The feedback on this post is encouraging. I have been trying not to let the negative posts get me paranoid (there's just so many). I'm sure it's because I'm new to this. I see same amount of negativity on camera equipment forums but I have much more experience with that so can see right through it (not so much with drones).
2016-11-4
Use props
Yunior
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-4 14:54
Look I was around for P4 launch, it was similar, firmware issues sorted out very quickly, other nigg ...

Thanks for the advise. Thankfully I have never had a single issue with any of my previous drones from DJI. That's why I was so intrigued by all the issues. It kind of sounds like some people just make stuff up sometimes just to get more attention or try to give bad review out of false information just for the hell of it. And then you have other issues that are just user errors. Anyways, just wanted to clarify a little all these issues that have been spreading around. Will definitely keep my order open and can't wait tfor it to arrive. The portability is all I care about. And if the camera is close or better than what the Inspire/P4 has, even better.
2016-11-4
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Thomusvoo Posted at 2016-11-4 08:35
I honestly think all the flying and crashing issues are user error.

You can believe that if you like, and I agree that many ARE user errors. However, it's pretty clear that the RTH feature has issues. Many report it spinning out of control without any user input. I think we can be sure this is not user error. We can also be sure that DJI is working on it, and will have fixes to these issues before most people even get their Mavics in hand.
2016-11-4
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.2
  • >>>

The Mavic is awesome. The manual could really stand to explain some things better and I crashed once thanks to that but just don't fly it indoors and you're golden.
2016-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules