Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Info - All please watch this video
123Next >
37558 117 2016-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robert09
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

While waiting for my Mavic I watched them all.
Thanks for bringing under attention as the Mavic will be my first drone
2016-11-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Boardtalk Posted at 2016-11-6 05:57
I'll have to watch that again - couldn't pay attention to anything he said even though I watched to  ...

That's funny, I'll try to get that message to him.
2016-11-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Robert09 Posted at 2016-11-6 06:49
While waiting for my Mavic I watched them all.
Thanks for bringing under attention as the Mavic will ...

That's great you are taking the time to learn all you can, I promise you that it will make you a much better pilot and you will appreciate that you will know all of the aircraft's features and functions and know how to correctly operate them. And maybe even more importantly, you will know the Mavic's limitations.
The full PDF manual is in the Academy section of the app, so also look there for additional tutorial videos to come.
2016-11-5
Use props
dOVn8STcgtRQ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken.... sorry to jump in again pal. Can you give any info at all on shipping? Have any been sent to the uk on the first shipment?
2016-11-6
Use props
BAMBOOYA
lvl.1

Taiwan

LOL. That guy in the vid is annoying.
2016-11-6
Use props
fansc0e70775

Italy

I explain why there are users who have ordered the mavic after me and it was delivered the Drone. while my order was made on 28 and no delivery? dji has my money for 40 days and ridiculous
2016-11-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dOVn8STcgtRQ Posted at 2016-11-6 19:41
DJI-Ken.... sorry to jump in again pal. Can you give any info at all on shipping? Have any been sent ...

I'm sorry, I have no shipping info. onlinesales@dji.com would know more.
2016-11-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fansc0e70775 Posted at 2016-11-7 01:39
I explain why there are users who have ordered the mavic after me and it was delivered the Drone. wh ...

I am sorry about that, if you've ordered on the 28th I'm sure it will soon be arriving.
If you are not ok with that then you can contact onlisesales@dji.com for a refund.
2016-11-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

LOL yea, I especially liked his "special edition" blue t-shirt complete with DJI pin (it's on just a little crooked).  hahaha.  And I also had a hard time concentrating since he appeared WAY too happy to be presenting basic stuff.  Maybe he was having trouble not cracking up hysterically because he knows no one's gonna follow directions.

I learned that I must prepare a 47-page thesis complete with double-blind lab tests, a law degree, and be The President of The United States to 'safely' fly a drone, however.
2016-11-6
Use props
MavicPro?
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1058330 ft
United States

Rocco12475 Posted at 2016-11-5 04:09
This is great thanks for posting... Now I got new avatar!

hahaha thats perfect. Looks like DJI asked for recruiters to find the whitest guy in the world
2016-11-7
Use props
MavicPro?
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1058330 ft
United States

Rocco12475 Posted at 2016-11-5 04:09
This is great thanks for posting... Now I got new avatar!

hahaha thats perfect. Looks like DJI asked for recruiters to find the whitest guy in the world
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-7 14:07
LOL yea, I especially liked his "special edition" blue t-shirt complete with DJI pin (it's on just a ...

Here is the Mavic manual, I urge everyone to read it cover to cover. If you have not flown DJI aircraft before, there really is a lot to learn. If you do not fully know all of it's features, functions, and especially it's limitations, your chances of having an accident are pretty good.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... l+v1.0+20161107.pdf
2016-11-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 08:31
Here is the Mavic manual, I urge everyone to read it cover to cover. If you have not flown DJI air ...

Ken,
I urge EVERYONE...  THIS MEANS DJI technical writers (if there is such a thing) to read AND REVISE this technical aircraft manual so that it is CORRECT in its description of aircraft operations.  It should also be completed at some point since it lacks a pile of CORRECT information.  IT ALSO LACKS EMERGENCY PROCEDURES!!

DJI needs to THOROUGHLY read the manuals.  Even old Phantom manuals have NEVER been corrected to read like it was intended for English-speaking humans.

2016-11-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

If you think DJI got scared from one of their drones flying near the White House enough to ban their drones for 30 miles wasn't enough, wait until all of these neophytes have flyaway aircraft INTO important airspace and/or structures.

2016-11-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

Is there ANY way (I am serious), that I could be permitted to help in any capacity?  I have QUITE the experience background.  I want to see this Mavic and DJI succeed, as do the concerned users of this forum.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-8 01:19
Ken,
I urge EVERYONE...  THIS MEANS DJI technical writers (if there is such a thing) to read AND  ...

If you re-read the manual it's 60 pages now.
Can it be better, yes. BUT if everyone read it I can say that there would be less crashes.
You know how many crashes of Phantoms were caused by CSC, when users were told they CSC'd, there was an unbelievable amount who said they did not know what a CSC was and they had to pay several hundreds of dollars to repair their aircraft. Totally avoidable if the manual was read.
At least, you cannot shut off the motors in-flight anymore (unless there's a critical error detected).
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-8 01:24
Is there ANY way (I am serious), that I could be permitted to help in any capacity?  I have QUITE th ...

There sure is.
http://we.dji.com/index_en.html
2016-11-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

The manual that was put out with today's date (November 7th, 2016) is a VAST IMPROVEMENT.  It is much clearer and a bit more concise on distinguishing all the poorly used acronyms and abbreviations that sometimes never get a full explanation.  

What does a slow flashing YELLOW mean precisely?  It says:  "No GPS and Forward and Downward Vision Systems."  Should that say:  "No GPS or Forward and Downward Vision Systems"  or should it say "No GPS, but Forward and Downward Vision Systems ENABLED (P-OPTI)"
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-8 04:22
The manual that was put out with today's date (November 7th, 2016) is a VAST IMPROVEMENT.  It is muc ...

Please post a screenshot of the page and page number.
2016-11-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

Pages 12 & 13.  Top of page 13 states the fast blinking you get when the Mavic Pro is recording the Home Point pictures or whatever the devil it calculates.

Status indicator

Status indicator
2016-11-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

I'm curious which light flash scheme (and color) I'd get if I take-off in SPORT MODE outside (so I'd have GPS lock).
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-8 06:40
I'm curious which light flash scheme (and color) I'd get if I take-off in SPORT MODE outside (so I'd ...

The fast flashing green is when home point is recorded.
After then it switches to slow flashing green in P mode, and when you switch it to S mode it will flash fast green.And also the app will tell you what mode you are in.
2016-11-7
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 15:11
The fast flashing green is when home point is recorded.
After then it switches to slow flashing gre ...

You're awesome!  Ok, now what if I am indoors and same thing.  Gotta admit, it's a bit vague.  I'm guessing non-stop fast green.
2016-11-7
Use props
Karjar
lvl.1

Canada

Should the iPhone (and subsequently an apple watch) be in airplane mode when calibrating the compass and even when in the transmitter? Just wondering if the iPhone sitting in the transmitter with wifi and bluetooth on would create issues? no mention in manual. Thanks for thoughts on this
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-8 07:40
You're awesome!  Ok, now what if I am indoors and same thing.  Gotta admit, it's a bit vague.  I'm ...

If you are indoors with no GPS you'll get slow flashing yellow.
Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 8.51.04 PM.png
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Karjar Posted at 2016-11-8 11:57
Should the iPhone (and subsequently an apple watch) be in airplane mode when calibrating the compass ...

No, it's totally fine to keep it in any mode while calibration.
Just make sure no metal is on you (phone, keys, jewelry) and set the RC/phone on the ground several feet away from you when you do the compass calibration.
2016-11-7
Use props
Glim1000
lvl.1

Canada

What I got out of this video:

1. You have to smile a lot

2. Smile at your drone and RC before take-off

3. When you are done your takeoff smiling - you need to smile during all flight operations.

4. When you land your drone remember.. smile, you can never smile enough.
2016-11-7
Use props
Str8nUpNFlyRigh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 222867 ft
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-8 05:52
If you are indoors with no GPS you'll get slow flashing yellow.

Hi Ken,

speaking of the updated user manual: A while ago I made a post with a list of suggestions regarding the manuals.
The suggestions for the user manual were for the previous version, but all points still apply to the 20161107 version as well.

Could you please pass the suggestions on to the documentation staff? Is there a better way to make suggestions?

All the best
Andreas
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Str8nUpNFlyRigh Posted at 2016-11-8 14:56
Hi Ken,

speaking of the updated user manual: A while ago I made a post with a list of suggestions ...

I see your list, I'll answer some of the questions.
I don't have time to answer all but I'll also email the thread to the appropriate people.
2016-11-8
Use props
Karjar
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 23:13
No, it's totally fine to keep it in any mode while calibration.
Just make sure no metal is on you  ...

thank you for clarifying. A second question, why would the option to have the drone fly around an object when forward obstacle avoidance is selected not be on by defualt? Is there some worry that the drone would work its way around the obstacle to an out of sight/range position? Given the feedback on these forums, I will be starting mine in beginner mode intially, not me as a beginner, but the drone as a beginner lol   Mine arrived and on startup requires the Imu calibration, is this normal from the manufacturer?
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Karjar Posted at 2016-11-9 09:14
thank you for clarifying. A second question, why would the option to have the drone fly around an o ...

Were exactly are you seeing this. In TapFly you can enable horizontal obstacle avoidance. When enabled the aircraft will fly around the detected obstacle.
And the IMU is calibrated at the factory, if on startup it asks you do do a calibration then please perform the IMU calibration. This is not normally needed, the aircraft sensors sensed something and it required a calibration.
2016-11-8
Use props
Karjar
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-8 21:56
Were exactly are you seeing this. In TapFly you can enable horizontal obstacle avoidance. When ena ...

did the firmware upgrade today, did the IMU upgrade. Charged the batteries and went over to a huge park near me (only few trees as used for soccer, baseball etc). Have the drone in beginner mode. Controller keeps saying check ap....mag interference....drone flashing red and yellow, naturally get the calibration message. Tried and tried to calibrate compass, controller about 15 feet away, and it won't, of course won't fly in Atti mode while in beginner mode. I fly all my drones in this park though none have been DJI. I live in Saskatchewan Canada. Hope you don't need to be on the equator to get Sat coverage lol..What am I doing wrong..Shut everything down, moved deeper toward centre of park, and still all the same messages..Cant fly it!?
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Karjar Posted at 2016-11-10 06:44
did the firmware upgrade today, did the IMU upgrade. Charged the batteries and went over to a huge  ...

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. Can you put the aircraft somewhere free from any metal, go to the Main Controller Settings, then scroll down to Advanced Settings, then sensors and choose the compass and and post a screenshot.
If everything was fine prior to the firmware update, then you can try to do a factory reset from the Assistant2 and also try to refresh the firmware.
Try those out and let's see what happens.
2016-11-9
Use props
Karjar
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-9 16:59
I'm sorry you are having difficulties. Can you put the aircraft somewhere free from any metal, go  ...

will try tomorrow, not sure where to go but outside of city. Based on videos i have seen they are in far more urban areas than I was trying..I would hope that change in your pocket doesn't do it. Cant imagine all these people flying drones having no wallet or change on them when hiking...
Also why does it say chk app.?
App and firmware are all up to date as of today

Looking at this guys video he has more light stands and metal around him than I do in the park I am at, but will try a different park tomorrow

2016-11-9
Use props
Karjar
lvl.1

Canada

I'm sorry you are having difficulties. Can you put the aircraft somewhere free from any metal, go  ...

Also not sure if it was fine before firmware, as this was my first flight attempt, sorry
2016-11-9
Use props
Karjar
lvl.1

Canada

This guy also has his apple watch on and appears to be in his back patio area and works fine...hopefully tomorrow will be better.

2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Karjar Posted at 2016-11-10 07:44
will try tomorrow, not sure where to go but outside of city. Based on videos i have seen they are i ...

You need to provide me the screen shots I asked for so I can better assist you.
And your last post talks about the iWatch, you are doing the calibration with no metal at all around you correct?
2016-11-9
Use props
Karjar
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-9 20:53
You need to provide me the screen shots I asked for so I can better assist you.
And your last post ...

yes i had my watch off..I was referring to the video where the fellow did calibrate with his watch on. will take screen shots tomorrow when i try again. thanks
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Karjar Posted at 2016-11-10 11:01
yes i had my watch off..I was referring to the video where the fellow did calibrate with his watch ...

I replied to you in the other thread, please keep your ongoing questions to one thread. It makes it much easier.
2016-11-9
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Nice video. Looking foward to additional topics.
2016-11-9
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules