[Misleading title] Mavic Production Shutdown
1031 5 2016-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Got your attention right? I'd like to believe that three weeks ago (when the first shipping target changed)  DJI shut down production so they could iron out the bugs. Suppose they did just that, then this week commenced production. Now they know that their product will be ready to ship bug free, ready to fly, in 6-8 weeks. I choose to think this is the reason, though it is probably a pipe dream. But why else would there be a 6-8 week wait? They heard about the faults, they are fixing them. You can choose to think otherwise.  This is all hypothetical of course.
2016-11-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

So your saying the mavic I got last week has bugs?
2016-11-4
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Certainly not, there are more that work great than there are that have problems, and I'm sure some of those problems are pilot error. But they have had multiple complaints of the death spiral, and loss of control, etc.
2016-11-4
Use props
Rocco12475
lvl.2

Hmmmmmmmmmm........ Trouble maker much?
2016-11-4
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Just an optimist.
2016-11-4
Use props
sandgrownun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45187 ft
United Kingdom

I like to think this way also. Much more positive.

"Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. "

The announcement states they resolved the issue within a week but it doesn't state whether this caused a halt in production altogether, or whether an exiting stockpile has to be retro-fitted with the problematic part. In either case it could be that the"completion" of each and every Mavic has been affected and this could be what they are playing catch up with now (in addition to the unexpected demand). Purely speculating here.

In any case, I would rather production stopped so that issues can be fixed and have to wait rather than receiving a defective product on time.
2016-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules