2230 10 2016-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chrism3evo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147812 ft
United Kingdom

Hi pilots,

Was just wondering what you guys use to record your device screen while flying? I use an iphone and ipad. I have seen videos of people using screen recording and I would like to try it. I have tried downloading a couple Shou but have had no luck getting the to work on my phone and can't see anything on the app store. I fly an inspire 1 and am waiting on the Mavic.

Thanks for any advice in advance

P.S I don't want to jail break my phone or ipad either.
2016-11-4
Use props
JH3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 688894 ft
Australia

Also interested.  I got airshou working, but the video quality is sketchy to not working at all.

2016-11-5
Use props
fansb9e72190
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15223 ft

I downloaded "Airshow" few days ago and it's working fine (for now). Download site is savagepool.com. After install make sure to go to device setting and verify the enterprise app (Zhen...Ltd).
I heard that Apple doesn't like those screen recording apps so "Airshow" might loose certificate soon again. If this app doesn't work you can check their twitter, they will post when they renew the certificate then you can verify again to use I guess.
By the way I'm using iOS 10.2 on iPad mini 4 WiFi+cellular.
2016-11-5
Use props
Chrism3evo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansb9e72190 Posted at 2016-11-6 01:44
I downloaded "Airshow" few days ago and it's working fine (for now). Download site is savagepool.com ...

Thanks for that. I am using what I thought was latest iOS 10.1.1 Have tried Airshou but can't get it to work
2016-11-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

AirShou works on iOS 10.11 and the screen video is good enough for me. I have been using this software for over a year and it has been constantly changed over time. I guess it depends on what you are trying to do.

After the App is installed you need to go into general settings and verify it. Then you should not have any problems running it.
copy this:
cherryroad.xyz/airshou
please paste this link into safari on your iPad from a search page

see video below

Rich

2016-11-6
Use props
Chrism3evo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-6 20:35
AirShou works on iOS 10.11 and the screen video is good enough for me. I have been using this softwa ...

Hi, Thanks for that. I will try again and let you guys know
2016-11-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chrism3evo Posted at 2016-11-6 14:47
Hi, Thanks for that. I will try again and let you guys know

I can say that it is a bit tricky to keep airshou working. But I just started up my iPad and confirmed it is working on the latest iOS 10.11.  

So I hope you can get this going okay. watch the video on the steps to get the App working

Rich
2016-11-6
Use props
fans0da6d09e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Airshou dodgy as heck! Saw the tutorial video on DJI Facebook group and followed the instructions. Was told to click on some link in video description that bypassed iTunes to download app, which I thought was very strange. Then after it finished downloading I got a message saying that it had not passed apple authentication and therefore it would not run program. I deleted it post-haste!

2016-11-7
Use props
fansb9e72190
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15223 ft
United States

Airshou stopped distributing and no longer available according to their twitter. If you have a Android device you can still stream from iPhone or iPad to Android Phones or tablets to record. In that case you will need a Android mirroring app like a AirReceiver, Mirroring360 etc. and screen recording app like a Mobizen, AZ screen Recorder etc..
2016-11-22
Use props
Spiderpig
lvl.2

United States

Couple red flags went up watching that video.  Generally any application that tells you to ignore the "untrusted enterprise developer" warning should raise a lot of red flags for you.  You trust that the application is safe and good.  While iOS is pretty tough to crack, the application you just installed could gain access to your contacts or emails and either sell them or cause havoc.

But back to the original question.  I use my macbook pro and use an application called Airserver.  I connect my iPhone with my macbook pro and air server uses airplay technology to capture my screen.  It costs 15 dollars for the applications - but at least I'm not installing anything on my iPhone that could cause harm.
2016-11-22
Use props
fai58
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104439 ft
United States

Someone should create a USB device that has airplay mirroring video recorder, problem solved
2016-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules