Wired issues retraction on Mavic vs. Karma review...
1239 4 2016-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

2016-11-5
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

He looks really happy in this retraction video ... Also looks like he intentionally wanted the quality of the vids to be bad. Anyway... Really not a vs choice.
2016-11-5
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

This guy is an idiot. I didn't think he was as much of an idiot in his first comparison video that he is now retracting, but he clearly doesn't know anything about drone photography. I have followed drones and aerial photography for all of two weeks. I don't own a drone. I've never shot one frame of aerial footage. Yet, still, I know that this is the first camera on a drone that has auto-focus and not the standard FIXED focus of every other drone (outside of the manual focus on some pro rigs). He says every other DJI drone has auto-focus.

And as far as the "Tap to Focus" being on page 42 of the manual... Doesn't a big green square appear on the camera view as soon as the image comes up? Everyone who's used a smartphone camera app in the last 5 years knows what that means... TAP ON THE SCREEN.
It's also obvious he's a paid shill for GoPro just by the way he compares the two in this video. He only uses positive terms for GoPro and negative terms for the Mavic. And when he does finally acknowledge something about the Mavic he says it in a smarmy, depressed, hipster-kind of way. I'm not a violent guy, infact, I'm a pastor, but I want to punch this guy in the nose. He would have been better off NOT issuing this sorry excuse for a retraction. By very definition, a retraction is the REMOVAL of something. This is just piling on.

2016-11-5
Use props
sandgrownun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45187 ft
United Kingdom

Clearly recorded this video under duress, someone off shot to the side got a gun pointed at his head
2016-11-5
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

Zatx Posted at 2016-11-5 21:05
This guy is an idiot. I didn't think he was as much of an idiot in his first comparison video that h ...

The Mavic is not the first drone to have tap to focus, the Inspire has it. As far as other drones having auto focus, that's technically incorrect too, they have a fixed infinity focus, the focus never changes, the same way that GoPro's are.
2016-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules