2747 6 2014-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houldsworth1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been looking at the Naza-M software, mostly because I wanted to turn on the Home Lock function which sounds useful.

I hope i've done everything correctly (I guess I will find out next time I fly) but there doesn't seem to be any button that says "save" so I guess that as long as the drone is attached everything is saved immediately.  Is that correct?

Also, I was able to set IOC mode (checked the box) but I had read that you can also set the right hand switch (s1) bottom position to either be return home and land or "manual" mode.  I didn't see any way to set that so I am hoping that (if anything) it sets it to return mode or nothing because manual mode sounds like a quick way to turn my new drone into a pile of broken plastic.  Can anyone confirm that?

TIA!
2014-10-2
Use props
houldsworth1
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

OK.  This video helped:  
2014-10-2
Use props
SFOS900
lvl.1

United States

Hello Tia,

yes that function should work very well for you! I use it from time to time when I have not clue where the unit is.... As I only have FPV
on my PV2.

But be careful....  as the unit will come back straight at you in home lock when pulling back the stick. So first you might want to gain some
height or attitude.

There are some cool videos about it on the net
2014-10-5
Use props
houldsworth1
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks!  Yes, I used it over the weekend when the Phantom was faaar away - worked like a charm.     Good thing too - I had no idea which direction it was facing by then.
2014-10-6
Use props
dxn88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20335 ft
United States

Remember that the home lock does NOT work when you get close (10 meters or so) from your home point.
2014-10-21
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Also remember that HL does not work if you lose satellite contact.
It pays to understand CL just in case.
It is not GPS dependent and works off the compass reading...
2014-10-23
Use props
houldsworth1
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks a good point - thanks.  So I am assuming that CL will work regardless of the number of GPS satellites because it works based on the compass.  Assuming that to be the case does that mean that switching to CL and pulling back on the right stick will bring it home ?
2014-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules