Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why is DJI still taking preorders?
1208 17 2016-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why is DJI still taking preorders when they can't even fulfill the orders they have now? Unlike DJI, GoPro didn't let anyone orders their drones until they knew they had thier manufacturing down and that they could deliver in a reasonable time. DJI I had been greedy with their sales by taking people's money when they knew very well they weren't going to meet the shipping timeline.
Edited for offensive content*
2016-11-6
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

ok thanks for your contribution
2016-11-6
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft
Malaysia

Because they want that mulaa. No need for this threat tbh.
2016-11-6
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brad you have no evidence of your accusations.  We are shipping the Mavic Pro and the Fly More Combo.  We have stated that if a user orders now that they will have their units in 5-7 weeks.  If that is not acceptable then no one is forcing anyone to order.
2016-11-6
Use props
Rocco12475
lvl.2

People make their own choice to order, keep their order or cancel.   They also have a choice to order today or not order today!

You sir are just trying to stir up more drama.     

Go buy the Karma if you think it's a better drone.
2016-11-6
Use props
fans63feb791
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm fairly new to all things dji, I have owned a p3p for less than a year. Not a lot of flying experience, mostly with cheap quads. I love my p3p, no problems with it yet. I decided to buy a second and went with a Mavic fly more combo, preordered October 1st. Being a relatively newer flyer and looking through the Mavic threads every day, I have to admit I'm feeling a bit worried about the quality of the Mavic. Not fully understanding how much can be fixed through firmware or software upgrades is my concern. My question is, can all the issues I've seen throughout these threads be resolved through upgrades ?. Are they still tweaking the ones not shipped yet. ? When I see official reviews, it seems they all have fully functioning units which helped me make my choice.
2016-11-6
Use props
fullswing
lvl.2

United States

Can they really be called preorders at this point?
2016-11-6
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

fullswing Posted at 2016-11-6 23:55
Can they really be called preorders at this point?

Yes they are a pre-order because when you order something it usually ships right away.
2016-11-6
Use props
fullswing
lvl.2

United States

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-6 08:45
Yes they are a pre-order because when you order something it usually ships right away.

Right, it's definitely not a normal order. But a preorder to me is an order placed before the release date. That release date has come and gone for the Mavic.
2016-11-6
Use props
sailornaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
Puerto Rico

When I ordered on 9-28-2016 DJI said they would ship me a Mavic on 10-16-2016.In 5 weeks time they have not even filled orders for the first day of ordering.Logiclly there is something wrong here they are not telling us when they cannot even fill the orders for one day.
2016-11-6
Use props
fullswing
lvl.2

United States

I am also surprised there are still unfulfilled September orders.
2016-11-6
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansca9280ea Posted at 2016-11-6 05:43
Dumb thread, please delete.
  DJI is shipping, everyone waits for a good product high in demand.
I  ...

Excuse me. I ordered within the 1st 24 hours of announcement and still haven't received it yet so I have a right to complain!
2016-11-6
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Rocco12475 Posted at 2016-11-6 05:23
People make their own choice to order, keep their order or cancel.   They also have a choice to orde ...

I did buy a Karma because the Mavic I ordered on the 28th will not arrive on time for my trip coming up in 2 days even though DJI said they would be shipping mid Oct.
2016-11-6
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

Wow what a terribly racist quote!!, please don't say that all Chinese are Bad & all Americans are Good because that is clearly incorrect & I'm surprised that this thread has not been closed.

Yes feel annoyed & have a rant but Please keep this civil like adults should, I'm also not happy that my pre orders from 01/10(yes I know not that early) but that does not mean we can all say what ever we want just because this is the internet.

Back on topic, the reason they are taking more pre orders is very simple  - This is a superior product for its size & features in it's price point so why wouldn't they take more orders?.

Now they know how long it will take them to clear their back orders clearly they want to keep the business growing going forward.

Let's just keep calm & all will be forgotten within our first few flights.
2016-11-6
Use props
fansc65de5c1
Ban Posts
Italy

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-6
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cannot answer your questions.  You may proceed with this with onlinesales@dji.com.  I have no more information than what I have shared.
2016-11-6
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

It's interesting that orders made through the DJI Store will be shipped in the next 5-7 weeks, because that's the time-frame of when resellers / dealers like Amazon, Jessops, and others on eBay are expecting to receive their stock of the Mavic Pro. Late November / Early December.
2016-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules