mid flight issue with Zenmuse H3-2D (Phantom 1)
622 3 2016-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OrionG
New

Israel

Hello everyone! im having an odd issue with my Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. when starting the flight the gimbal works fantastic, during flights if i make any sharp turns with Yaw + a little Pitch it would most of the times get "knocked out" and sometimes regain control and balance itself. The gimbal also loses control after some roughly 6~7 minuets of air time (battery should last around double that time if i keep flying)

Here's a Vid of the issue happening mid flight, 1st time it would get its shit together, 2nd time its completely lost.

the Phantom firmware was just updated and the problem persists. i dont see the gimbal in the Naza-M software, dont know how to update its firmware

2016-11-6
Use props
ouroborus
lvl.2

United States

Update for the gimbal is a bit different.  Here's a link to the wiki:  http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/H3-2D-Firmware_%26_Software_Upgrade
2016-11-17
Use props
OrionG
New

Israel

so i recon updating the firmware requires me to open the phantom and connect things to the GCU? i didnt understand one thing though. does the GCU takes micro USB or do i need a special adapter?
2016-11-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

OrionG Posted at 2016-11-21 18:45
so i recon updating the firmware requires me to open the phantom and connect things to the GCU? i di ...

what you observe is a result of the gimbal going to 'sleep' if it 'thinks' there is an obstruction. If you fly less aggressively, this won't happen. The new generation of gimbals are like 10 years more advanced....
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules