Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
(Wireless) Remote Control Osmo
5350 5 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DutchAerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is there a way to control the Osmo on a lenght of 10meters?  (wire or wireless) ?

There are many cases I can think of where I would just want to mount the Osmo somewhere and that I can control it from greater distance.
Think of wildlife filming or filming from a zeppelin.

2016-11-7
Use props
OfficialSteff
lvl.1

Norway

You could try and control the Osmo from your phone, the maximum range is like 100meters. Don't know if it would respond quickly, but it's worth a try
2016-11-7
Use props
fans694dfe25
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The feed is wifi. It doesn't need to been the phone holder. so you should be able to mount it far away. The problems will be someone still needs to physically turn it on. So you could use the external power option to run it on a inspire battery (this will last hours) so then you'd only have to turn in on once. To rotate the camera you touch and hold on the phone screen then move around.
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It uses wifi, and I can control the camera with the phone from about 30 meters away in an office.  You should be able to do it as far as 50 meters in the field
2016-11-9
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thank you very much for the replies! That's already something. But in order to have precise control over the gimbal to might be nessesery to have use a joystick as control or not?

Is this reliable connection without delays or failures?
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Aeriallive Posted at 2016-11-12 10:53
Thank you very much for the replies! That's already something. But in order to have precise control  ...

You can have  control over the camera direction with the phone itself with moderate precision.  It doesn't lose wifi connection if you're in a place where wifi channels are not too crowded.
But Osmo's strength is its gimbal, if you're just using it for 360 degrees stationary shot, I think a lot of surveillance cameras are good enough for this purpose.
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules