Red no Fly zones and professional use
838 2 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1d99dad5
New

Germany

Hello Boys and Girls,
I want to point out my expiriences with the new no fly zones in Germany.
I am a professional Cameraman and i use the inpire only for work of course with local permissions.
Normally i get a permission, if i have the general ascending permission for the state in germany in 1 or 2 days.
When you want to use the inspire for ascending in the red zones you need of course the local permission to ascend.
But unfortunately this is not enough, you have to write to DJI and with the right permission, they send you a beta version from the app, where you can choose
to unlock the red zone at every start.
Without that your inspire will not fly!!!!!!!!!!!
That is not mentioned clearly in the description.
The time you need to get this unlock code could be several weeks!!!!!
I got my first response from DJI after 4 Days.
So if you are planning to ascend at a no fly zone you need very much time and you have to install a beta version from thew dji go app.
So it will need several weeks for organising or the elction of another product.
regards
stefan
2016-11-7
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hi Stefan,

You aren't the first person affected by this and sadly won't be the last.
The introduction of NFZ controls by DJI (and some other manufacturers) was a reaction to some very foolish and irresponsible actions by hobby flyers a while ago now.
This is a case of product development being driven by lawyers, government and marketing people rather than engineers.

In the case of the Inspire, this implementation made the aircraft largely unsuitable for professional work in a number of situations for some.
Many, many people complained, but the restriction was made and it is here to stay. It can be argued that professional, qualified operators should be permanently exempted from NFZs  but I don't believe that DJI has the ability to manage their customer base and technology in such a way.
2016-11-7
Use props
fans1d99dad5
New

Germany

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-11-8 03:50
Hi Stefan,

You aren't the first person affected by this and sadly won't be the last.

Yes, it seems to be.
I think I have to choose another tool for professional work.
I´m sad too
stefan
2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules