Transfer original video from iPad to Mac
3434 11 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndrePC
New

Singapore

Hello all, hoping someone can help me out with some advice here. I had a crash with my P4 recently. I have contacted DJI about this and am trying to collate all the files they have asked for. The flight data files from the drone seem to be stuck, all I get is that Mac spinning wheel that shows the Mac is trying to read the files. It's been doing this for about 3 hours now, driving me nuts. Not sure if I need to re-start something or what.

in the meatime (with all this spare time) I checked the iPad that I use for the DJI Go app and all the flight data files (and video of the crash !) that I need are there ! The flight data files are in the flight list (under that little compass / paper airplane icon in the top left of the "home" screen on the app. The video of the crash is in the "Editor" tab under "Original footage".

Does anyone have advice on how to transfer these two things to either (i) mt Mac, (ii) DJI, (iii) dropbox, etc, etc ?

Many thanks in advance !
Andre

2016-11-7
Use props
AndrePC
New

So I figured out my firmware needs upgrading to the version released in July. I guess the question now becomes, if I upgrade the firmware, will I still have all the flight tracker files and data on the drone ?

Any advice greatly appreciated
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AndrePC Posted at 2016-11-7 22:42
So I figured out my firmware needs upgrading to the version released in July. I guess the question n ...

You installed the latest Assistant 2 on Mac but cannot load the flight data, right? have you tried a PC?
To export the flight records and videos from DJI go to Mac, you need install iTunes firstly, then connect your iPad to Mac, run iTunes, click on your iPad--Applications--DJI GO, then save the files on your Mac.
At last, please upload it to dropbox and provide our tech support with the link, our engineers will help you analyze the data.
2016-11-7
Use props
AndrePC
New

Singapore

I guess in English the appropriate term would be...."Huh?"

Sorry, I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

Yes, it is on a Mac, and I have not tried PC as unfortunately I only own a Mac, no PC. So, I need to connect my iPad to my Mac, run the DJI Go App on the iPad through itunes, and somehow save the files ? Is that right ?

If so I will try this, but holy smoke, could you guys not make this whole process a little easier?

I also managed to sync the files on my Ipad to "the cloud". Now the question becomes where is that cloud - maybe you guys can access the files there? I can pm you my username and login for "the cloud" (wherever that is)
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AndrePC Posted at 2016-11-8 22:55

Sorry, I am not sure I understand what y ...

Correct, you could save it to your MAC through iTunes and then provide us the data needed.
Sorry we cannot access to "the cloud".
After you export the files, please upload to dropbox or send e-mail with attachment to support@dji.com.
2016-11-9
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

AndrePC Posted at 2016-11-8 14:55

Sorry, I am not sure I understand what y ...

Here's how to do it.
1. Connect your iPad to your Mac with the iPad's USB lead. iTunes should automatically open, but launch it if it doesn't.
2. Your iPad will probably start backing up to iTunes but just ignore this and carry on.
3. Wait a minute and a small iPad icon should appear at top left of iTunes window. Click it.4. Then click Apps in the left hand column.
If you can't see a left hand column menu, go View and Show Sidebar.
5. You will see a list of all the apps on your iPad. Scroll right down to bottom until you get to the list headed File Sharing where you will see the DJI Go app.
6. Click it and you will a list of files and folders. Select FlightLogs and FlightRecords and drag the whole folder to your Mac desktop to copy them there.
All the files you want will be in here.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
4.jpeg
2016-11-9
Use props
Carolynn ensche
New

China

The best solution is transfer video via an USB cable. And you may also transfer them through iTunes or iCloud, but it may spend a lot of times if you need to transfer a big size of files. Here is an useful guide for you to transfer video from iPad.

Besides, if you need a more safe and simply way to transfer video from iPad to Mac, you may refer on here about transfer video from iPad to Mac.
2016-12-28
Use props
fansc56cc39c
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-6
Use props
MaxAda
lvl.2

United States

In this case, if you really want to effectively transfer videos from your iPad to your Mac, you can choose to use the Mac software Image Capture.
You can find different answers in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-113437-1-1.html
In addition, there are other ways about this issue you can take a look.
2018-11-19
Use props
fans546fa681
New

Japan

If you want transfer iPad videos to MAC in the quickest way, turn to Eelphone iPhone Transfer, connect iPad to MAC, and then export videos on iPad to computer.
2019-5-30
Use props
alisamendyyang
New

Japan

fans546fa681 Posted at 5-30 00:02
If you want transfer iPad videos to MAC in the quickest way, turn to Eelphone iPhone Transfer, connect iPad to MAC, and then export videos on iPad to computer.

Get more details from: https://www.eelphone.com/iphone-transfer/
2019-6-13
Use props
mendo
lvl.3

China

Thanks for the tip! If you want to transfer video from Mac to other devices, then you could take a try of DRmare Video Converter. It can help convert iTunes videos to plain formats and you can edit for them and then playback on any devices.
2019-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules