Connection problem after update RC to 1.8+
1615 8 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lorenzo_aldrigh
lvl.1

Italy

Hi to everyone,

Today I’ve noticed an issue in the system.

When I plug my iPhone to the Remote Controller, DJI Go app notifies me a suggested RC upgrade from version 1.6 to 1.7.1. I do it and the procedure complete successfully. In the next step I reboot my RC and another update from version 1.7.1 to 1.8+ appears. I do it again and all goes right. I reboot my RC and from this time I’m not able to reconnect the RC with my Matrice 100. I’ve tried all the possible solutions, for example I used C1 +C2 + record video button and then click on right wheel combination, when the RC start to blink with blue color, I hold the red button of the Matrice 100 near the fan for 5 seconds but seems that the RC can't find the M100.

My system configuration is:

Firmware of Matrice 100: 1.3.1

DJI Assistant 2 version: 1.0.5

DJI Go app on IOS: 3.0.2

I solve the problem downgrading the RC firmware to the original 1.6 version clicking for 10 second on the academic hat in DJI Go app, but obviously now it notifies me an update for the Remote Controller.

How can I proceed considering the issue I’ve just showed above? I have to wait for a new version of the RC? I try to go back and forth another time?

2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you want to reattempt the update, please try the following combination to reset the RC prior to relinking the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend performing the manual relink as you did previously.

2016-11-7
Use props
lorenzo_aldrigh
lvl.1

Italy

Thanks for the reply!
Today I tried another time to update the RC, after that I followed your suggestion but also this time i'm not able to connect the RC with the Matrice 100 + Guidance.

This time the RC notify me an update from 1.6.0 to 1.7.60, but when I check the version, it was 1.8.0+. The previous time I did two different update (1.6.0 -> 1.7.60 and 1.7.60 -> 1.8.0+). I attach the screenshot.
Thank you

During update

During update

After update

After update
2016-11-21
Use props
Insieme Agency
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420449 ft
Hungary

I have a problem, I can't do nothing with my RC, it just beeps and red light.... 1.7.60 is on it, but now I downgrading to 1.5.80. because the 1.6.0. is not working ....
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

lorenzo_aldrigh Posted at 2016-11-21 18:20
Thanks for the reply!
Today I tried another time to update the RC, after that I followed your sugges ...

Sorry for the late reply. That is most likely a server issue, since there is yet to be a 1.8 RC firmware. When you press and hold the former academy button on the equipment page, do you see 1.7.6 listed as the current RC firmware on the unit? For future reference, it would be best to hit the 'reply' button when responding to a post, so that way that person will me notified directly.
Just to clarify, are you getting any transmission or overall operation issues when the firmware is on 1.7.6? Are you still on iOS 3.0.2, or have you moved to 3.1.0?
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Insieme Agency Posted at 2016-11-30 17:32
I have a problem, I can't do nothing with my RC, it just beeps and red light.... 1.7.60 is on it, bu ...

I just wanted to confirm that you've already addressed your issue on your own thread on the RC update, is that still the case?
2016-11-30
Use props
Insieme Agency
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420449 ft
Hungary

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-1 00:14
I just wanted to confirm that you've already addressed your issue on your own thread on the RC update, is that still the case?

Jamie, thanks but I made it right!
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Insieme Agency Posted at 2016-12-8 21:40
Jamie, thanks but I made it right!

Good to hear, thanks for the update!
2016-12-8
Use props
Timebutt
New

Belgium

Hi DJI-Jamie,

I don't get it: there's not even supposed to be RC firmware 1.8.0 at this point?
I have just taken this screenshot (see attachments) from my DJI Go app (v3.1.0) illustrating that I somehow have that firmware version installed. Apparently, I can even install an even newer firmware version, that I actually got to download (I saw v1.8.0 being downloaded again), but can never install because after I press the 'start', the app reverts to a black camera view after a few seconds.

What's more: when I start the DJI Go app with just my phone (Oneplus One) connected (so my Matrice 100 is off), it sometimes indicates I am connected to a Phantom 3!
Unless someone else in my vicinity has a Phantom 3 that is currently powered on and linked to my RC somehow, I don't see how that's even possible ... When I click the 'camera' button, I see a black screen (obviously) with the message on top 'controller signal weak'.

I already looked online and found this topic of somebody describing the exact same situation with his Inspire 1. He described having to return the RC because it was 'totally bricked' [sic]. My Matrice 100 has not ever flown before as I just finished assembling it and wanted to get it up to date before flying it.

I tried to downgrade the firmware of my RC, but in the DJI Go app v3.1.0 I no langer have the option to press and hold the 'academic hat' symbol to get into the firmware downgrade menu. Do you know how I get there in my version of the app?

Is there something else I can do try and fly my shiny new drone?

Thanks,
Timebutt

Firmware 1.8.0 installed

Firmware 1.8.0 installed

Connected to ghost Phantom 3

Connected to ghost Phantom 3

Black camera screen of ghost Phantom

Black camera screen of ghost Phantom
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now