Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft Tag - Moderator/Tech query
889 4 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

To DJI guys,
In regard to the Aircraft Tag at the rear of the aircraft, would it cause any damage to have this engraved or to drill holes into this plate to mount other plates onto it.

I was thinking that for guys in the USA, they could have their FAA details engraved on the aircraft Tag itself or if an identity Tag could be safely screwed or bolted to this tag.

Any comments ??
2016-11-7
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I think it has been done before  but I cant find the link  to the article .   It will not cause any damage and is a really good idea .  I use that spot for my Trackimo, I guess i could have both , that way if any wanker tried to nick my aircraft , I could just remove me Trackimo and show them it mine !

donnie
trackimo.jpg
2016-11-7
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

It's just a plate GB - nothing but a few cables run under it. You should be fine to engrave or otherwise place identifying marks on it. It is pretty easy to remove however!

I've been looking at that spot as a mounting option for a second LED strobe.
2016-11-7
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi GB

I think you are okay to engrave this plate and sounds like a pretty good idea. I would remove it carefully and (get ur done).

I believe this is mainly a manufacturing ID (firm plate).  I have seen others mount things to this plate.

Feel good about it and share your photos if you can

Rich
2016-11-7
Use props
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-7 17:44
I think it has been done before  but I cant find the link  to the article .   It will not cause any  ...

Donnie,

That looks a nice installation for your Trackimo.

Im not that bothered personally about an engraved plate, but may be something to consider in the future if other Aviation Authorities outside of the USA start to demand this.

I just put a sticker on the body with my telephone number on it "If Found Call ............ Reward"  

I guess if its an unscrupulous person who was to find a lost UAV, your not getting it back regardless of what you have on the UAV.

I just thought this was the ideal place for guys in the USA to place their FAA tags.

2016-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules