DJI MAVIC FOOTAGE AT NIGHT FOCUS ISSUE
4890 7 2016-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

One new problem I was noticing was with focusing at night. It took me about 10min to get the camera to focus in low light. It just kept searching in and out and never found it to be sharp. There should be a update that allows a designated button to become a infinity focus on the lens. In low light the camera performs great... when, and if you can get it to focus. The tap to focus when tapping to infinity at a dark sky is nearly impossible. This absolutely was the worst experience of flying at night. I'm also sending this mavic back for exchange because it had soft corners. No matter how many times I tried to get the entire scene in focus it just would not focus. However, here is the final video I shot with it before I returned it. Below is the video I shot this past weekend at Houston's 1st Annual Lights Festival.

2016-11-7
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

This is normal and for every camera in very low light.
You can focus manually on the app. But this is no issue with the camera. It is 100% normal.

Focusing in lowlight migh help when you have some high-contrast bright lines, streetlights for example, will not work, as it is round and blownout (no real edges)
2016-11-7
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

Nees Posted at 2016-11-8 08:09
This is normal and for every camera in very low light.
You can focus manually on the app. But this i ...

Here's my other video. Views were the one's that pointed it out. Look to the left side corners at the 1 min mark. trees are very soft. This has been with all my video shot with the mavic. I spent several flights tapping, tapping, tapping, and never a sharp video clip. Thanks

2016-11-7
Use props
Rocco12475
lvl.2

2016-11-7
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

jmoya03-sp Posted at 2016-11-8 01:37
Here's my other video. Views were the one's that pointed it out. Look to the left side corners at  ...

I was talking about focus in lowlight, not the bad corners. That is a lens/sensor issue sadly.
2016-11-7
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

jmoya03-sp Posted at 2016-11-8 08:37
Here's my other video. Views were the one's that pointed it out. Look to the left side corners at  ...

thats a camera problem its showing on your lower left side and some on the upper left side and some on the upper and lower right side its a camera defect. send it back.
2016-11-8
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Rocco12475 Posted at 2016-11-8 08:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=61&v=yCzPMrPLOKg

send it back the chinese manufacturer of the assemble said hey its not working I am not going to solve this problem let the client have it and then ship it back to the company I am getting paid low wage for this crappy job I am doing... The client in the end run is the victim here, pre orders, poor quality inspection of the manufacture, and then wait again to have the product ship back to you when you ship the defective product to the company.
2016-11-8
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

jmoya03-sp Posted at 2016-11-8 08:37

2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules