Vision app on iPad
5678 16 2015-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Is there any reason that the Vision app is not recommended for the iPad?

Also is there any way of getting the app onto a non iOS or Android device?
2015-2-7
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

I have it on an iPad mini....  just when loading to iPad search for iPhone apps.

re:  non iOS or Android device - Dont beleive so as that would destroy apples iTunes store
2015-2-7
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

it works on the ipad, just use the iphone version, there is not an actual version for the ipad.  but that is no different than most apps that only have one not the other.  as for android, there is android version of the vision app so not sure i know what you mean by 'onto' but you s/b able to just dload it from the android app store.
2015-2-7
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-8 00:57
it works on the ipad, just use the iphone version, there is not an actual version for the ipad.  but ...

I mean can it be loaded onto a normal PC which doesn't have an android os. Does the iOS version load onto an ordinary Macbook?
2015-2-7
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

oh gotcha, not sure, i only own phones and pads, my pc's are windows sorry , maybe someone else will know that one
2015-2-7
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I have Vision on my Ipad Air.  Other apps for the Phantom and RC are on my Macbook Pro.  No problems whatsoever.
2015-2-7
Use props
grangerfx.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

The iPhone version looks horrible on an iPad. We need a native iPad version. It is super easy to do now days and XCode even defaults to making a project work on both iPhones and iPads. There is really no excuse.
2015-2-7
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-2-8 03:48
I have Vision on my Ipad Air.  Other apps for the Phantom and RC are on my Macbook Pro.  No problems ...

Can you get the Vision app onto the macbook?
2015-2-7
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I never tried.  Only have Assistant apps on Macbook.
2015-2-9
Use props
notcampbellburn
New

Taiwan

I agree. The iPhone app looks terrible on iPad. Update please!
2015-3-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Swerve Posted at 2015-2-8 07:53

Swerve,Maybe a clarification required,
1) you need a computer for your DJI Phantom Vision Assistant programs (Mac or PC) for connecting to the RC and MC/drone/Phantom.
2) you need (or should certainly have) a mobile device ie. iPhone or Android phone or a tablet device, again, iPad (mini is nice size but you need a different size holder for this and they are cheap and on eBay or Amazon) or Android tablet for the DJI Vision app..

The DJI Phantom Vision Assistant and DJI RC Assistant which are the programs you use to change parameters in your RC and MC/drone/Phantom are downloadable via the DJI website for both the Mac and the PC. There is also a DJI Win driver on the same page which is additionally required for the PC and note: without the DJI Win driver on the PC, the other two softwares will not work!

Now,
The iOS for the iPhone and iPad are different than the iOS for the Mac...two totally different animals!
There is no DJI app for the MacBook to be able to use the MacBook as your screen when flying..

The DJI Vision app on iTunes is for the iPhone (which will work on the iPad but maybe not look as good) and there is an android version available as well on the android sites ie. Google Play for Android phones/tablets.
Most if not all apps for the iPhone will work on either iPhone or iPad though those optimized for the iPhone don't always look as good on the iPad.
Same applies for the android devices.

So choose which ever suits which device you will be using with your RC.

2015-3-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Swerve Posted at 2015-2-8 07:53

No, the Vision app is for your smart phone, see pg. 22 in the manual at the bottom...

The DJI Vision Assistant apps (note the word "assistant" are available for Mac Computer and PC computer
2015-3-2
Use props
Albert426
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yeah, thanks for the clarification. I was just interested to know if the MacBook iOS and iPad/iPhone iOS were the same really but obviously not.
I use the iPad for the vision app but a PC for the Assistant. So many people keep telling me I should use a Mac!
2015-3-2
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Vision App on the I pad mini was disappointing. The FPV screen was not as clear as on the iphone 6+. I will try the FPV Booster "camera" App on the I pad mini to see if it has the same issue.
2015-3-2
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

rdc44444@hotmai Posted at 2015-3-3 04:32
Vision App on the I pad mini was disappointing. The FPV screen was not as clear as on the iphone 6+. ...

quote(I will try the FPV Booster "camera" App on the I pad mini to see if it has the same issue.)

The booster app is to improve the distance between the pilot and the quad, it doesnt improve the quality of the video performance on the phone, at least thats what i think you were saying
2015-3-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

rdc44444@hotmai Posted at 2015-3-3 04:32
Vision App on the I pad mini was disappointing. The FPV screen was not as clear as on the iphone 6+. ...

This would be a fact as their is no upscaling on the iPad mini, essentially you are taking information written for the iPhone screen size and simply spreading it out over approx 3x the area of the iPhone 6 as compared to the iPad mini...it is going to look a little grainy for sure....

Maybe DJI are listening and are seeing that more and more folks with the Phantoms want the same quality on the iPad mini as with their iPhones and will write the code for this for the iPads..not real tough to do!
2015-3-2
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-3 06:03
quote(I will try the FPV Booster "camera" App on the I pad mini to see if it has the same issue.)

No FPV booster app came out with an add on FPV camera and Flight tracker for additional cost. I prefer the FPV booster "camera" because of the wifi wand and the fact flight tracker also records your flight. I haven't tried it on I pad mini but will do so this weekend if the weather cooperates.. My guess is the video quality will still be crappy because I think the Booster app camera is optimized for I phone just like the DJI vision App.
2015-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules