MOV and MP4 video format
3439 7 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sugarcreek2000
lvl.1
United States

Purchased the phantom 4, love to fly, everything works perfect, but i have a question on one problem, the video format that the phantom produces is either mov, or mp4, which i found out does not play on the majority of devices. In order to play these videos you have to put them through a converter, to convert them to a different format that is popular to most devices. This did not make sense, so i took a video mp4 and put it through a converter, to convert it to a mp4 format, the same format, just to test it, and after going through the converter, the same mp4 video that  did not play, now plays with a excellent picture, also if you take either a mov or mp4 video from the phantom 4, and put it into DROP BOX, so you can email it, it does the same thing, after going through the sync on drop box, now these videos play on all devices. Can anyone explain this   THANKS
2016-11-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you read the replies you got when you posted this same question 5 days ago ?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-70699-1-1.html

You should have no problem at al playing these files. Unless you are struggling to play 4k video files and you need to downsize them to play ?

That is not down to .MP4 or .MOV format.
2016-11-8
Use props
justme
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi i recently got my p4 and I have a 4k tv the only problem is my laptop wont play 4k footage infact it struggles that much it reboots my tv .I'm in the uk so I use mp4 I also use a free program called handbrake that you can download from www.filehippo.com  it lets you downgrade your 4k videos too 1080 or even 720.that way you will save loads of space on your pc/laptop and they play great
2016-11-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

justme Posted at 2016-11-10 05:58
hi i recently got my p4 and I have a 4k tv the only problem is my laptop wont play 4k footage infact ...

Why not shoot the movies in 1080p in the aircraqft to start with?
2016-11-9
Use props
justme
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I agree shoot whatever you can actually view. But on the other hand if you get better equipment I.e better pc and or 4K tv then you will be able to see the actual quality.
2016-11-10
Use props
johngoals
New

India

hi i recently got my p4 and I have a 4k tv the only problem is my laptop wont play 4k footage infact it struggles that much it reboots my tv .I'm in the uk so I use mp4 I also use a free program called handbrake that you can download from www.filehippo.com  it lets you downgrade your 4k videos too 1080 or even 720.that way you will save loads of space on your pc/laptop and they play great

Why you can try www.filecoffee.com for [urlhttp://www.filecoffee.com/download-HandBrake/9314/url]  Handbrake software and create a software collections through beanbox.
2017-6-20
Use props
johngoals
New

India

Why you can try www.filecoffee.com for [urlhttp://www.filecoffee.com/download-HandBrake/9314/url]  Handbrake software and create a software collections through beanbox.
2017-6-20
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

johngoals Posted at 2017-6-20 05:08

Does your TV have any USB ports?   Most 4K sets do....

On my  Samsung 4K TV, I put my memorable movies on a USB memory stick, plug it in to the TV and watch them that way..   I even have a USB MicroSD reader.  When I finish a flight, I can pull the card out of the P4, then using the reader, plug it into the TV and watch the footage I just took..

2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules