FatShark Goggles with Phantom 4 - No Display only Text
2363 12 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kazat3
lvl.1

I am trying to hook up FatShark Dominator V3 goggles with My Phantom 4. The Problem is that I can't get a video feed but I DO get the DJGO app display information (like the GPS signal, altitude, dotted tilt lines, ect) along the top and the bottom of the screen of my goggles. The rest of the screen is black. AND I loose signal to my tablet display as soon as I turn my goggles on. The tablet screen goes grey on the last imagine it had. When I unplug/turn off the goggles or turn the RX on, the tablet display goes back to normal with a good signal.

I've reviewed past forums but I cannot find my issue nor fix. This is what I've done/tried so far:

-Installed HDMI Module for output. Phantom and display functions normally when goggles not connected.
-Firmware, app, and controller updated.
-Set duel display in DJGO app on on.
-Turned RX off (to "O") on goggles. Also tried on.
-Switched channel to HDMI 2 on goggles. Also tried other channels.
-Plugged goggles into my mac laptop to test HDMI cable and goggles. It seemed to work fine as I could see my computer screen display in goggles.
-Inserted SD card in goggles.
-Battery wire connection is plugged into goggles. Tried with unplugging as well.

ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED! Thanks all!!

2016-11-8
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

I have the FS goggles and I had heard that the they should be the last thing you plug in and turn on. So i have always done that.  RC, Aircraft, App, then the fat sharks. May be that will help.
2016-11-8
Use props
Kazat3
lvl.1

Thanks for your suggestion! Tried that a couple times with same result.  :-/
2016-11-9
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

I wonder if you have a bad HDMI module? See if the plugs are pushed in all the way? Just trying to offer up some suggestions.
2016-11-9
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kazat3 Posted at 2016-11-9 08:23
Thanks for your suggestion! Tried that a couple times with same result.  :-/

Aloha Kazat,

There is a setting in the General Settings under HD settings (scroll down) where you have to enable to display on both device and secondary display.  I have two goggles and a monitor.  All work when you enable the secondary display.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-9
Use props
Kazat3
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks guys! Truly appreciated.  But still the same results.   

I do have that  simultaneous dual display checked off under HD settings in the app. Through the goggles I can see a black screen but with live white text (altitude, battery life, etc) along the top and bottom of the goggles screen. As well with the dotted tilt line that responds on the goggles when I tilt my drone.  My tablet display with still "freeze" to a grey screen of the last imagine it sees when I plug my goggles in/turn them on. Then the tablet screen immediately come back live after I turn off/unplug the goggles. So I can only assume that's related to my problem but I'm at a loss, especially since when I plug my goggles in to my laptop, they display my laptop screen perfectly.  I've also tried plugging things in in different orders, powering things on in different orders, etc.

Any ideas on the next step? Maybe go back to an older update? Anyone else I can contact?
2016-11-14
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Kazat3 Posted at 2016-11-14 12:52

I do have that  simultaneo ...

Kazat,

On the bottom of the V3's there is a small RX switch, with the goggles off make sure the switch is 0 not 1. Just another thing to check.

Jerry
2016-11-14
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I think it likely you have a bad hdmi module.  Try plugging the r/c into your tv instead of the goggles and see if you get a picture.  Also, what device are you using?
2016-11-15
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kazat3 Posted at 2016-11-14 08:52

I do have that  simultaneo ...

Aloha Kazat,

Did you reinstall the Remote Controller's firmware after you installed the HDMI module.  This problem you have described also happens unless you reinstall the RC firmware.  That explains the freeze, your RC is still not prepared for HDMI.  Go to "About" and find out which version of RC firmware you have.  If you have problems, let me know so you can get the right firmware.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-15
Use props
Kazat3
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks you EVERYONE for you help. This community is great with others experience and willingness to help!  Sorry for the late reply, was out of town working.   

Cetacean, it WAS the remote controller's firmware. It said everything was up to date until I tried another tablet (my cell phone) which initiated the remote controller firmware. And holy HAPPY DANCE!!!  Thanks again everyone!
2016-12-3
Use props
Hodgesas
New
Flight distance : 30 ft
United States

DJI disabled the ability to use the HDMI output for the Phantom Series drones without the built in display (i.e. P4P+). They did this to so that it renders third party goggles like Fatshark and Glyphs useless. I have tried several different pairs of goggles and they all do the exact same thing.
2017-7-27
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

use hdmi out ad connect it to that
2017-7-29
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft