United States

Goodbye, GoPro. This may be nsil in coffin
2016-11-8
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

I hope this doesn't put an end to GoPro. They still make excellent action cameras.
2016-11-8
Use props
GNE8uv8WWHt5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

That's the difference between an American company that does the right thing , recalls the item until the issues are taken care of, compared to a greedy  Chinese company that takes people's money and lets its consumers fly faulty equipment until they see fit to fix it.
2016-11-8
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Karma...  
2016-11-8
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

Based on a resent article on Mavic shipments Gizmodo was blistered as a rag but in this case it might be accurate (I don't know if the Mavic shipping article was true or not).
I checked Best Buy and if I selected the Karma a page fault came up and Go Pro is no longer listing the Karma/hero 4 option.

Some of the mine is better than yours might be happy with the Karma recall but it's usually not a good thing when a product or company fails.

I don't own the Karma but was hoping it would succeed, ymmv.
2016-11-8
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is literally the nail in the coffin.  It simply could not be worse.  If they produce another quarterly loss, it's over.  They were really counting on that selling like crazy during the holiday season.  The demand has outpaced the market.  If you simply have a drone available this holiday season, it will be sold.  GoPro knew that and somewhat eluded to it in their projections.  Really bad for competition.
2016-11-8
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

"The announcement comes in the wake of an abysmal third-quarter earnings report that caused the company to lose $250 million in market capitalization in a matter of minutes."

Karma is a bitch. And where will most of GoPro Karma's customers turn to I wonder? DJI's Mavic Pro of course. Check mate.
2016-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

GNE8uv8WWHt5 Posted at 2016-11-9 00:28
That's the difference between an American company that does the right thing , recalls the item until ...

Actually they didn't do things right, they made a crap drone and sent it out to 2500 customers.
There is nothing right about that, and nothing for Americans to be proud of.

I am not in anyway defending dji here, I'm stating a fact that this does not show an American company in a good light..
2016-11-8
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

At least GoPro is humble enough to admit when they have an issue unlike DJI who is so secretive. DJI when are you going to announce if the MAVIC is faulty as well? Looking at the forums the MAVIC is having more issues than that of the Karma.
2016-11-8
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

GoPro: "Small amount of users reporting loss of power, lets recall and fix the issue."

DJI: "Small amount of users reporting loss of control, death spins while landing and gimbal issues. Must be pilot error."

As a Mavic owner, I want GoPro to do better. Competition benefits us, the consumer. I wish DJI support was better.
2016-11-8
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

CabinPete Posted at 2016-11-9 08:48
Based on a resent article on Mavic shipments Gizmodo was blistered as a rag but in this case it migh ...

Even rags don't go announcing recalls when they aren't true...  Here it is from the horse's mouth: https://gopro.com/2016karmareturn
2016-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think everyone wants go pro karma succeed , they make great innovative products best sports cameras in the world, they are a huge company, and will get over this and be stronger for it, I wish them luck...
2016-11-8
Use props
8atU4uGb2cGi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft

Must be a virus, seems all the new ones are being delayed.. maybe rushing too much, try to get part of the market before the other drone companies..
2016-11-8
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

This is very sad news from an innovative company who invented a waterproof action camera that has become a generic name. The Karma is two years late: this should stop the vitriol that has been loaded on DJI who are three weeks behind in production. This sad news should put things in perspective.
2016-11-8
Use props
fullswing
lvl.2

United States

I hope this doesn't cause DJI's complacency to skyrocket further.
2016-11-8
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

A correct action. Nothing here to bash GoPro. They do what is to be expected from a company when there is a fault.
2016-11-8
Use props
fans74db5aff
lvl.1

United States

Nees Posted at 2016-11-8 18:15
A correct action. Nothing here to bash GoPro. They do what is to be expected from a company when the ...

This. At least they're not just blaming it all on pilot error.
2016-11-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-8 18:06
Actually they didn't do things right, they made a crap drone and sent it out to 2500 customers.
Th ...
And DJI has handled this release so much better?
2016-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 2016-11-9 02:22
Is there any Irish drone makers?

Globally, aircraft lease financing companies recorded sales income of approximately €38 billion in 2014. Ireland is the world leader in aircraft leasing.

Why would we bother with baby drones. Not bad for a small country with only 4 million people.

Of course Canada must be very proud of there achievements  on the global front you can't beat a drop of maple syrup. Lol.
2016-11-8
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Hopefully DJI and GoPro have learned the valuable lesson of "being first  isn't as important as being right. ,
2016-11-8
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-8 19:34
Globally, aircraft lease financing companies recorded sales income of approximately €38 billion i ...

Insulting peoples home lands goes to show how you speak from a point of no knowledge.

Did i ask you for the useless information you provided? Maple syrup and yes we all live in Igloos too.

2016-11-8
Use props
delsol95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7707018 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's a small compilation of videos on Youtube showing what caused the recall to occur.
R.I.P  GoPro Karma  R.I.P GoPro Shareholders

2016-11-8
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-8 17:12
GoPro: "Small amount of users reporting loss of power, lets recall and fix the issue."

DJI: "Small  ...

agreed with everything you say.....
2016-11-8
Use props
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sincerely hope they get the Karma back on its feet and selling. This market needs competition to spur more innovation and keep prices down. Having a couple more highly competitive drone manufactures on the market will only benefit us the consumer...
2016-11-8
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

There's a common noise with most of those videos just before loss of power. It sounds like a motor or ESC failing then the FC recognising this and cutting power.
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

JakeS Posted at 2016-11-9 12:47
I sincerely hope they get the Karma back on its feet and selling. This market needs competition to s ...

I agree, I hope they resolve it soon.
I feel sorry for them.
2016-11-8
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

fansca9280ea Posted at 2016-11-9 12:21
2,500 lololol!!!
They are selling like hot cakes!!

They were backordered everywhere, seems like they were only shipping a small number in the beginning. Sounds like another company we know...
2016-11-8
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>

GNE8uv8WWHt5 Posted at 2016-11-9 08:28
That's the difference between an American company that does the right thing , recalls the item until ...

According to GoPro, the Karma weighs 2.2 pounds.  They didn't include the battery and the camera, it actually weighs over 4 pounds, which is heavier than the Phantoms.

To me, this is outright lying.
2016-11-8
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

I'm glad GoPro has shown that they are a responsible company and hope they recover soon because we consumers can only do well with healthy competition. I also wish DJI learnt and shared the responsible nature of GoPro as a company. If you look at the history of electronic recalls (Samsung Note 7 for example), they do it as a courtesy and have the safety of consumers in mind because the number of faulty instances reported are statistically low. I frankly think I've seen as many Mavic crashes as Karma crashes and while I don't know whether it's a hardware issue or a software issue (don't know that for Karma either), it might be better if DJI is upfront about the issue.
2016-11-8
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

Still not as bad as the DJI Mavic which spins out of control, gets unresponsive, has Gimbal issues, missing accessories, etc.

And guess what, DJI isn't man enough to recall the Mavic just yet...
2016-11-8
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

After watching many YT Videos about the Karma.
Karma can`t mess with the mavic.
Even if they are some pre "issues" on the rc or something.
I think they can and will fix this prob asap.
2016-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 2016-11-9 03:12
Insulting peoples home lands goes to show how you speak from a point of no knowledge.

Did i ask y ...

Well you shouldn't go asking silly questions,
2016-11-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-9 01:45
Well you shouldn't go asking silly questions,

There was nothing silly about it.
I suggest you watch your insults and try treating people with a little dignity and respect.
I am not sure who you think you are but its clear that your one of those individuals who believes he knows it all.
Your rude too so many forum members and seem to come across as a complete know it all.
Its obvious you cannot handle being called out and i like others are starting to call you out.
Give it a rest already and quit trolling peoples posts like you own DJI or something.

2016-11-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

braddahjosh808 Posted at 2016-11-9 09:09
At least GoPro is humble enough to admit when they have an issue unlike DJI who is so secretive. DJI ...

Have you got a Mavic? I do and I don't have any issues with it. The disconnect issue has hardly led to crashes unlike the situation with Karma where power failures have caused aircraft to fall out of the sky.
2016-11-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 2016-11-10 00:29
There was nothing silly about it.
I suggest you watch your insults and try treating people with a  ...

Ok maybe not silly ,but it was a loaded question, I've never insulted anyone here unless provoked by insults,
And it's you who seems to seek me out , maybe that's what they call trolling.
2016-11-10
Use props
Silverstone
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-10 17:58
Ok maybe not silly ,but it was a loaded question, I've never insulted anyone here unless provoked  ...

It is one thing to be proud of his homeland - but an absolutely other thing to make a stupid comment about another members homeland. I personally never understood why people - proud of their country - do post that on a forum. I'm absolutely sure that I may ask a "silly" question and hope I am getting a proper answer here. BTW. I do live in Canada too since 2005 and absolutely love this country and the people. No offense! With lots of "low level" Irish ex co-workers who always started a day with insulting other workers in the company, I could start asking you "silly" questions why Irish people do that? It only results in getting fired here in Canada. But again. This here is a DJI forum about drones. NOT country bashing! I had enough of that in the company I worked for from people coming from "Great Britain" starting a day with bashing Irish, Scottish, English and back. We always where shaking our heads. Must be a "sport" in Great Britain.
2016-11-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Silverstone Posted at 2016-11-10 15:11
It is one thing to be proud of his homeland - but an absolutely other thing to make a stupid comme ...

I'm not bashing anyone I'm also not from Great Britain Irish people have been the subject of jokes from all over the world, and we just learn to get on with it.
I have a sister and two nephews living in Vancouver I love Canadian people as I do all people in this world..
Back to the thread I hope karma makes a good recovery and makes a great drone , I have two go pros and I love them.
Good luck
2016-11-10
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Are you implying that GoPro got what they deserved? I've seen a lot of people say this, like GoPro must have done something bad and this is their deserved punishment.

If that's the case, could you tell me what GoPro has done? Genuine question.
2016-11-10
Use props
Silverstone
lvl.1

Hterag Posted at 2016-11-11 02:12
Are you implying that GoPro got what they deserved? I've seen a lot of people say this, like GoPro  ...

That's another thing I do not understand. It's like the "fan-boy" community. Only one brand should be around. A lot of people (including myself) could post -> DJI <- because of the companies behavior. Lots of people posted issues with DJI products. I don't know. Did DJI ever issued a recall on their "BETA - products"? Let me see. The most important issues with DJI: Phantom owners complain how long now about cracked shells what is clearly a faulty product. (DJI ->Pilot error???<-) Mavic owners crashing $1,000 plus toys.(1st reaction from DJI here? ->Pilot error again!??<- DJI issuing a recall? Never ever.

DJI...... ?
(Same thing)  
2016-11-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules