Mavic Pro - Extreme Range Test (3+ Miles! 400 Feet In Altitude!)
1842 5 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

Over 15,000 feet in distance and at an altitude of 400 feet. In an large area that's full of trees in every direction. And that long range is achieved without any modification to the hardware of either the aircraft or the remote transmitter. Absolutely incredible. And it's all thanks to that new OcuSync transmission technology that the Mavic Pro and its remote uses. Extremely impressive!

What's so great about this is that the pilot never has to worry about losing signal during flights anymore, like what's been seen with the previous Phantom drones. Be able to fly as far as the eye can see and beyond, and not have to turn around and head back, or adjust position in order to gain signal again.

2016-11-8
Use props
CW Hobbies
lvl.3

United States

Here's My Video, 3 Miles, No Problems!

2016-11-8
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4

CW Hobbies Posted at 2016-11-9 01:03
Here's My Video, 3 Miles, No Problems!

My Video

That's very good.

I'd like DJI to make a documentary on the new OcuSync transmission technology. How they managed to improve upon the Lightbridge technology that's featured in the Phantom 4. Or at least provide more details on the new transmission technology. I've searched Google about it, and can't find much info about it.

A documentary on how they went about creating the more powerful and efficient Mavic Pro would be cool, maybe on how they go about making one. From when it's being built in a DJI factory all the way to your door-step.
2016-11-8
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Outstanding!  

Winds aloft can change considerably with altitude and distance.  Looked like you were starting to pick up good tailwind just before you did the 180.
2016-11-8
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Over 15,000 feet in distance and at an altitude of 400 feet.

Impressive, particularly for a stock drone. +1 Mavic.

What was the GPS tracker you attached to the Mavic? Seems like it is something that will be handy for long distance flights.
2016-11-8
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4

sanuk Posted at 2016-11-9 10:38
Over 15,000 feet in distance and at an altitude of 400 feet.

Impressive, particularly for a stock d ...

That's a Trackimo 3G GPS tracker.
2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules