2103 16 2016-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s.manchester
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127188 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

It would appear that the latest firmware update impacts the connection of the lower USB port.

I usually complete the updates via this port and an iPad rather than the side port in the handle. During this particular update the update hung at the 99% mark in the status bar and gave the message that the app had lost connection with the controller. I restarted the controller and Mavic and still "not connected". I put the iPhone in the holder - it connected and then prompted with "Update Complete".  However, still no connection via the alternate USB port on the bottom of the controller. I have restarted both devices, the app, swapped USB cables and tried three different IOS devices. So it appears as the DJI Go App completes the installation of the new firmware the connection is lost.
2016-11-9
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Can you confirm that after the new firmware is installed that the lower USB still works when connected to a tablet?
2016-11-9
Use props
s.manchester
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

Petroboy Posted at 2016-11-10 02:54
Can you confirm that after the new firmware is installed that the lower USB still works when connect ...

For me it does not. Have tried multiple configurations and cables. nothing.
2016-11-9
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

s.manchester Posted at 2016-11-9 12:02
For me it does not. Have tried multiple configurations and cables. nothing.

This isn't good.  There is another post right now about the same thing.  He downgraded back to the previous firmware and things worked again.  DJI might want to look at this.
2016-11-9
Use props
Loopee
lvl.2
Australia

I have just tried this as well and the App no longer connects
2016-11-9
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
United States

The new firmware disables the lower USB connector if there is a cable connected to the upper left connector, even if that cable is not plugged into any device.  Try unplugging the upper left USB cable before turning on the controller and connecting your device to it..
2016-11-9
Use props
Fulcrum
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here, lower USB no longer connects after update. Side is fine though.
2016-11-9
Use props
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

make sure there is nothing plugged into the side usb if you are trying to connect to the bottom port.
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Loopee Posted at 2016-11-10 10:47
I have just tried this as well and the App no longer connects

You cannot connect your mobile device to the remote through lower USB port, but it's working fine with the left side one, right?
What mobile device you are using? APP is the latest, right? you have changed several USB cables, no improvement?
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Fulcrum Posted at 2016-11-10 12:50
Same issue here, lower USB no longer connects after update. Side is fine though.

Hi Fulcrum, you have tried all the basic troubleshooting, still cannot get it connected through lower USB port? what mobile device you are using? have you tried to re-install APP as well?
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

s.manchester, the remote can control aircraft properly? have you tried to re-link them?
2016-11-10
Use props
Loopee
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-10 16:42
You cannot connect your mobile device to the remote through lower USB port, but it's working fine  ...

"You cannot connect your mobile device to the remote through lower USB port, but it's working fine with the left side one, right?"

Yes you can, it works fine using either port with my Samsung S7 (even with the latest firmware)

But will not work on either port with my Samsung Tab S2 8"

Before this update both ports worked fine with both devices, seems to only affect tablets
2016-11-10
Use props
s.manchester
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-10 16:53
s.manchester, the remote can control aircraft properly? have you tried to re-link them?

I can confirm (as another member has pointed out) that the lower USB port does not work if there is a cable plugged into the upper port, even it that cable is not connected to another device or tablet. Someone mentioned that that was the case with the previous version.
2016-11-10
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.2
United States

so manchester, does this mean your lower port is working now???, last i heard you could not get it to work after the firmware update
2016-11-10
Use props
CaptainET
lvl.2
United States

disregard...I did the firmware update and my ipad works fine in bottom usb (i was concerned and put off updating cuz of your issues)
2016-11-10
Use props
s.manchester
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

CaptainET Posted at 2016-11-10 22:38
so manchester, does this mean your lower port is working now???, last i heard you could not get it t ...

the lower port will only work if you unplug the cable leading to the upper micro port.
2016-11-10
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

PAGE 7

USB.jpg
2016-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now