Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Minor issue with Update v01.02.0900 firmware on USB connection.
1740 14 2016-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Martin Leong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2996562 ft
Australia

Minor issue with Update v01.02.0900 firmware on USB connection.

Date : 2016.11.09
DJI Assistance 2 Updated Firmware for both RC and Mavic: v01.02.0900
DJI GO App Android : v3.0.1
Samsung S6 Edge+ 32GB Phone Working fine.

Problem:
Having Issue with USB from RC connecting to both Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" or 8" tablets.
Upgrading and Downgrading the RC firmware a few times. coundn't resolve DJI GO APP to start up on either tablets. When Downgrading back to RC firmware v01.02.0810 everythings works normal again.

will try reinstall DJI GO APP later in the day and see if that's alleviate the problem.

2016-11-9
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183537 ft

Hmm, won't call if minor if your tablet does not work anymore...
Glad you have that S6 !

Nils
2016-11-9
Use props
s.manchester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 127188 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Yes. posted the same thing in two threads. the latest updates seems to affect the lower USB port. It also will timeout the update if using that port at the 99% point. Once the update completes the port no longer communicates.
2016-11-9
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183537 ft

s.manchester Posted at 2016-11-10 03:22
Yes. posted the same thing in two threads. the latest updates seems to affect the lower USB port. It ...

One colud easily buy or create a cable fro the side microUSB to microUSB to check whether the Talet work again...
2016-11-9
Use props
Loopee
lvl.3
Australia

I just did some testing and:

Cable connected to either lower or right side connectors and connected to a tablet (Samsung Tab S2) does NOT work
Cable connected to either lower or right side connectors and connected to a phone (Samsung S7) does work

so it looks like they have broken tablet support, seriously hope this is not by design
2016-11-9
Use props
Loopee
lvl.3
Australia

Have you logged this through DJI support?
2016-11-9
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431417 ft
United States

The new firmware disables the lower USB connector if there is a cable connected to the upper left connector, even if that cable is not plugged into any device.  Try unplugging the upper left USB cable before turning on the controller and connecting your pad to it.  It's working for me to connect to a 10" ASUS ZenPad Z300M
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Martin Leong, may I know after trying to delete the APP, re-install it, can you connect your tablets to the RC properly?
With the latest firmware, have you tried different mobile device or changed USB cables?
2016-11-10
Use props
Loopee
lvl.3
Australia

MavicUser Posted at 2016-11-10 11:33
The new firmware disables the lower USB connector if there is a cable connected to the upper left co ...

"The new firmware disables the lower USB connector if there is a cable connected to the upper left connector"

That has always been the case, even before this update
2016-11-10
Use props
Sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Loopee Posted at 2016-11-10 13:17
"The new firmware disables the lower USB connector if there is a cable connected to the upper left ...

No it was not the case.. Having a cable in either never stopped the other from working.. It does now though. The left side USB has priority.. If you want to use the lower USB port then remove any cable from the side one ( this does not apply to the charging cable )..
2016-11-10
Use props
DA5neRJlpKOZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>

Loopee Posted at 2016-11-10 21:17
"The new firmware disables the lower USB connector if there is a cable connected to the upper left ...

Not for me.  Before the update, I was able to use my tablet connected to the lower port while the short wire was still plugged into the upper plug.  After the update that stopped working.  After successfully connecting with the upper port, the lower port started working for me again.  However, it my have simply been because no cable was plugged into the upper port.  I need to test that.
2016-11-10
Use props
DA5neRJlpKOZ
lvl.4
  • >>>

Sploodge Posted at 2016-11-10 21:56
No it was not the case.. Having a cable in either never stopped the other from working.. It does n ...

Clarification, I was trying o reply to the comment "that's always been the case".  My experience was that it was not the case previously.  

I wish this modification was documented in the release notes.  DJI support almost had me convinced to send the remote back to them for repair.  Luckily I stumbled upon the solution before that.
2016-11-10
Use props
DA5neRJlpKOZ
lvl.4
  • >>>

DA5neRJlpKOZ Posted at 2016-11-10 22:23
Clarification, I was trying o reply to the comment "that's always been the case".  My experience w ...

I have confirmed what Sploodge reported.  Now with the new firmware, the fact that a cable is plugged into the upper port will prevent the lower port from being used with any mobile device.

If you have a device connected to the lower port, it will not connect until you unplug the cable from the upper port.  After you remove it and the mobile device connects via the lower port, you can reconnect the cable to the upper port if you like.  However, it will interfere with the operation of the lower port the next time you power on if it is still connected at that time.

Larry
2016-11-10
Use props
Martin Leong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2996562 ft
Australia

HI Natalia,
Did had a go re-installing the GO APP a few times, but the issue remain the same for the bottom USB connection for all tablets including S6 Edge+. This afternoon testing the update v01.02.0900 firmware on the RC and MAVIC at the park. i only test flying The MAVIC and it's performing nicely and the handling respone seems to be in working order for the new update. RC working fine so far, only tested on 1 battery (22 mins flight time) late this afternoon. hadn't be able to test out other features in the APP like Tapfly, ActiveTrack...etc.

I also confirmed of Sploodge and Larry reporting. USB connection for bottom working for both the TAB S2 tablets including the S6 EDGE+ also connecting to the bottom USB port. as long as you had the cable unplug from the POWER PORT on the left side RC. A NOTE on Galaxy TAB S2 8" tablet, you must "power off" the tablet. Press "power on" RC and MAVIC than Connect the USB cable from RC to TAB S2 8" Tablet (wait for the screen load up) in order to start up DJI GO APP. Otherwise, you'll get this message "Attention. The Connection device is unable to access data on this device. Reconnect the USB cable and try again". unfortunately, had to go thought the same steps eveytime you powe off the RC. Both TAB S2 9.7" and S6 EDGE+ had no such issue with the tablet power on. hope this will help out some what..  

Big Thanks to Sploodge & Larry also.. Cheers!
2016-11-10
Use props
Loopee
lvl.3
Australia

Sploodge Posted at 2016-11-10 21:56
No it was not the case.. Having a cable in either never stopped the other from working.. It does n ...

My tests were using the same cable with no other cable or port used

My comment was around trying to have two devices connected at once using both usb ports
2016-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules