Mess in the Moscow sky
1182 3 2016-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivkrpv
New

Russia

Hey all!
I'm from Russia, Moscow and I want to tell you about my last (really the last) fly in the city sky.

This was supposed to be a common flight near the center of Moscow. I arrived at the place (a small square in the center of the city) and prepared my drone to a fly. Drone caught all satellites, status was "ready to fly". There were no signs of trouble ...)

I took off, everything was ok, but after 30 seconds the GPS signal was lost. This was happened before, it is a fly in the big city. But suddenly the drone started to fly away from me and activated the "Return to Home" function. I tried to cancel it, but it did not happen, the drone keep backing home (in fact, the drone flew away from me). I tried to cancel the return of a few times, but nothing helped. Seeing that the drone is flying directly into the wall of the house, I threw the controller in the backpack and ran to the supposed place of crash, fearing that it may fall on people or cars.

Going into the yard I saw a drone lying on the pavement, the battery is taken off and was completely broken, the gimbal was strong damaged and partially pulled out. When I got home I could not understand the reason for such behavior. But watching the flight logs I saw a strange situation. After 30 seconds, the drone appeared in Vnukovo airport, 29 km away from me.) Vnukovo is a restricted area for flights and probably so I could not cancel the return of the drone. The only thing that remains unclear how the drone could catch the wrong GPS signal.

But a few weeks later interesting article appeared in the one of the Russian media explaining my strange situation. Here is the link (you can use Google.Translate or something to read this):
https://meduza.io/feature/2016/1 ... rabotaet-so-sboyami

Maybe it would be useful for somebody or maybe DJI can provide this kind of situations in future drone updates. Fly safe!

PS: I've attached screenshot of my flight and csv log.

IMG_3313.JPG
IMG_3314.jpg

logs.zip

2.68 KB, Down times: 1

logs in csv

2016-11-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash,ivkrpv.
Please get in touch with our tech support at support@dji.com.
They will guide you to send it in for fixing.
Also they can analyze the data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
2016-11-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about your crash, may I know have you contacted our tech support to send it in for evaluation and get it repaired? If no, please feel free to get in touch with them via support.eu@dji.com for further help.
Thanks for the details and sharing us the article in Russian media.
2016-11-9
Use props
shegbycom
New

Russia

Is it interesting how to flight near the airports and other restricted areas. I understand thats impossible and would like the same technology for my  village house)
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules