Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes - the title was not misleading. See here

A guy uploaded a video of his drone flying to a local Bunnings store (a big hardware store chain) to pick up a BBQ sausage on a roll. His flight contravened many flying regs. The local authority (CASA) are investigating. The video attached shows both a Phantom 3 and 4, so I have to assume it was at least a Phantom.

Naughty, but funny nevertheless...

2016-11-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yeah, I saw that last night on Nine News, what a pointless beat-up. They even had some tool from CASA giving his opinion of it. The truth is much less interesting, it was all staged and shot in segments.

It was classic Nine sensationalism, they alleged that the guy broke all these rules, but it was really just anti-drone bullshit. Never expect the truth or anything near it from the news services, particularly Nine, as they lie for the benefit of a story.

Neither Nine or CASA have any proof that the guys doing that stunt did anything wrong. All they have is some material posted to Youtube, a decent lawyer would have a field day with that.

I thought it was funny, would save me a lot of time getting my Saturday morning snag.

2016-11-9
Use props
TheVegeta1974
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Must be 30meters from people at all times ? That’s strict
2019-1-23
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

well incident & initial post was some time ago(2016)  but if memory serves there was also a bloke with a RC car who 'drove' to Bunnings. Pretty sure nothing happened to him though. Punchbuggy might remember.

Still reckon we should colour code the year of the initial post.
2019-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You know, it’s hard to beat a good sausage? Hahaha

I think it’s wonderful, to get the one you crave... Chuckles

Prefer mine extra spicy... with hot sauce. Grin

RedHotPoker
2019-1-24
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I didn't watch the vid because it wouldn't load but it sounds a lot like one some American kids did a few years ago where they sent their Phantom to pickup a bag of fast food. It was obviously all staged but good fun and it had to be a blast for the kids to do.

I don't think they got in any trouble but a good number of the YouTube viewers thought it was real.

Edit:  here it is:  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NT7yTTd2kCY
2019-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

We have a better way up here...

Fellow in the Maritimes has it figured out... that’s true love. Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-1-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Bluehook Posted at 1-24 18:54
I didn't watch the vid because it wouldn't load but it sounds a lot like one some American kids did a few years ago where they sent their Phantom to pickup a bag of fast food. It was obviously all staged but good fun and it had to be a blast for the kids to do.

I don't think they got in any trouble but a good number of the YouTube viewers thought it was real.

If You need to imbed the video. First remove the m for mobile website, Then tap Advanced, tap the small video camera icon in the menu bar, now you may insert the link,

RedHotPoker
2019-1-24
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well, here in Australia, drone delivery is real - at least, as an experiment. The Wings Project has actually been moved around a few times in Canberra because of complaints from residents where the deliveries are being made.

2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules