3837 10 2016-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DA5neRJlpKOZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>

Hello,

I updated to the *0900 firmware yesterday and experienced the same issues (freeze at 99%, lower port locked out when cable connected to upper port) others are experiencing.

At this point, everything seems OK.  Both the controller and aircraft report that they are using the *0900 firmware and I understand the interaction between the ports and can get the mobile app to work on the lower port.

However, during the confusion I tried refreshing, downgrading, and resetting to factory defaults with the remote and none of them worked.  At this point I no longer want to do any of those things, but I am worried that the fact that I couldn't will be a potential problem in the future.  

Is there some trick I don't know.  Here's how I was trying ot use it:

1) I was using DJI assistant 2 on a macbook.
2) the remote was connected to the macbook via usb to the upper port on the controller.
3) I turned on the controller and DJI assistant 2 saw it and showed me that the firmware version was *0900 and offered options to refresh, downgrade, and reset to factory default.
4) Choosing to refresh or downgrade gave me a progress bar which stayed at 0% and eventually timed out with an error.
5) Choosing to reset resulted in an error after only a few seconds.

Should that have worked?  Should I be worried that if I need these features in the future they won't work for me?

Any insight appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Larry, after upgrading, did you get a notice that you could send log to our support? if so, please send the log to us, our engineers will check it.
Besides, may I know have you tried to change another PC to run assistant 2 again? would you please post a screenshot of the error?

2016-11-10
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-11 01:16
Larry, after upgrading, did you get a notice that you could send log to our support? if so, please s ...

Hello Natalia,

Thanks for checking on this.

I have only tried one laptop so far.  I may be able to try another one later.

No, I don't remember seeing anything about the availability of a log after the update.  Would it have been written anywhere I could get it?
I've attached 3 screen captures of the DJI Assistant 2 before, during, and after an attempted "refresh".  It never showed anythign but 0% progress.

Thanks,

Larry

After

After

During

During

Before

Before
2016-11-11
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4

It 100% failed.
2016-11-11
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>

LOL.  right!
2016-11-11
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Natalia,

Have you had a chance to review the screenshots I provided?  Any idea about the root cause of this?

Larry
2016-11-15
Use props
andy_mavic
New

United States

I have the exact same issue going on. My mavic crashed on the first day- sent into DJI for repair, now I cannot get the firmwares on the controller and the mavic to match- and I cannot connect my controller to mavic! Help please!
2016-11-15
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I got some advice from someone at DJI which solved my problem.   I'm using a mac and the DJI Assistant 2 package includes a driver package called "HornDIS".  The installation package does not make this clear, but you need to install both the DJI assistant 2 app AND the horndis drivers.  You have to do both yourself.

With that, I was able to get the assistant app to work.
2016-11-28
Use props
fanse8c8b905
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430823 ft
Canada

Factory Reset of Controller failed, DJI assistant app Update fail, DJI = Fail.
2017-5-7
Use props
NE.UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25371 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar issue, see the other thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-67216-1-1.html

Let me know if it helps
2017-5-7
Use props
kindmartin
New
Flight distance : 29948 ft
Argentina

So do I, one full battery stuck at 99%
turning on the smart controller says updating but nothing happends. what a crappy software / update process.
no logs!

I will re thing if I ever trust in DJI again spending so much money.

2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules