Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lower USB port not useable after firmware update
1820 10 2016-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joachimb
lvl.4

Australia

hi, after the complete firmware update, the lower full size USB port has become unusable for connecting my iPad mini 4. I've got to use a micro to full size USB adapter so I can use my short lighting cable in the upper RC micro port. I don't know if you can get a lightening iPad cable with a micro USB plug?
2016-11-10
Use props
s.manchester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 127188 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

try unplugging the upper cable. The lower port will not work if the micro cable is plugged in.. even if its not connected to a device.
2016-11-10
Use props
mengteck71
lvl.4
Singapore

s.manchester Posted at 2016-11-11 04:32
try unplugging the upper cable. The lower port will not work if the micro cable is plugged in.. even ...

if what you say is true, this means the RC cannot be charged while using the RC with iPad mini
2016-11-10
Use props
joachimb
lvl.4

Australia

No, the micro USB cable will charge through the upper port. Also I've not got more than one cable plugged in. The full size USB worked with iPad mini 4 before, will not work after firmware update.
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mengteck71 Posted at 2016-11-11 09:25
if what you say is true, this means the RC cannot be charged while using the RC with iPad mini

Here you can find the info in the manual:
USB.png
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

joachimb Posted at 2016-11-11 13:30
No, the micro USB cable will charge through the upper port. Also I've not got more than one cable pl ...

Have you tried different USB cables or different mobile devices to connect the remote?
2016-11-11
Use props
joachimb
lvl.4

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-11 21:41
Have you tried different USB cables or different mobile devices to connect the remote?

Thanks for your reply Natalia.

Maybe I am not explaining well enough...

Before the firmware update - I was using an iPad Mini4. The original, DJI supplied short micro USB cable in the side arm completely removed, it's too short to reach the lightening port on the iPad,. I used a short, standard Apple lightening cable to connect the iPad to the back full size USB port of the RC.

After firmware update, this port will no longer allow my iPad to communicate with the RC. I am now using the same iPad Apple cable with a short converter cable to step down the full size USB end of the iPad cable to the micro USB on the side. Nothing else is plugged in. That works, however the firmware update seems to have changed something about that lower full size USB port.

I am not the only one to report that on the forum. I am able to fly, but wanted to alert the forum to this - maybe unintended - change in the port setups.
2016-11-11
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>

joachimb Posted at 2016-11-12 07:00

joachimb,

If I am understanding you, you are running into the same change many of us have noticed with the new firmware.  You can still use the lower USB port if you wan too.  However, you have to make sure that no cables are plugged into the small upper port.  It doesn;t matter if anything is plugged into that cable or not.  The upper port needs to be empty for the lower port to work.

Natalia was trying to explain the same thing.  It was little hard to notice, but she highlighted a note mentioning the need to remove the cable from the upper port.

Let us know if that fixes the issue for you.

Good luck,

Larry
2016-11-11
Use props
Dronez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

joachimb Posted at 2016-11-11 18:00

I understand him. His USB Port no longer works after the current firmware upgrade. I'd chat/call support and have them work with you. They were awesome with me.
2016-11-11
Use props
Danny-B-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

You could try using a micro USB to Full sized USB adapter ... or OTG cable for phones ... it should let you plug into the top (side) USB port ?

2016-11-11
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-11-12 07:58
You could try using a micro USB to Full sized USB adapter ... or OTG cable for phones ... it should  ...

The problem will be solved (most likely) simply by removing the cable connected to the upper port.  The new firmware does not allow a device to connect to the lower port if a cable is connected to the upper port.  A device connected to the cable on the upper port is NOT required.  Simply having a cable connected to the upper port disables the lower port.

Larry
2016-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules