Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Follow Focus not connecting - 'Failed!!!'
6041 15 2016-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brendancleaves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1039078 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys

My DJI FF has just starting playing up.

When i try to connect to the remote to the motor I get an 'Failed!!!' message. Both lights on the remote and motor are fast flahsing white. Ive also tried to press the link buttons and it does not work.

Is there any way to do a master reset on the unit?

Bit of an emergency as i have a shoot monday

Cheers

Brendan
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what Ronin model are you using the Follow Focus with? Do you use this with a M600 as well? Are all components up to date with the latest firmware?
2016-11-10
Use props
Brendancleaves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1039078 ft
United Kingdom

Hey

Im using it with the Ronin MX, but surely it does not matter what its mounted on? its a independent unit....

All firmware up to date according to the software.
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Brendancleaves Posted at 2016-11-11 06:39
Hey

Im using it with the Ronin MX, but surely it does not matter what its mounted on? its a indepe ...

Did you notice this happening after a firmware update or from long term storage? You can set the remote to default settings, but there is no hard reset. If setting the RC to default does not work, then you would want to contact the Europe Support team for service. You may potentially have an issue with the motor itself.
2016-11-11
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

The motor needs to have the same firmware of the controller, if not they wont pair
2016-11-12
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

Dont update to v1.6 on the Dji focus, it didn't worked for me, if you did installed you can check this youtube video i did showing the problem
2016-11-12
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

https://youtu.be/gvtp35PDkJI
2016-11-12
Use props
roc
New

United States

I just purchased and new motor can not get my follow focus remote control to go out of x5 mode to calibration mode please help
2017-1-31
Use props
fans0044d7dd
New
United States

That happened to me Brendan. I was freaking out because I had a gig on the next day.
2017-6-11
Use props
fans0044d7dd
New
United States

That happened to me Brendan. I was freaking out because I had a gig on the next day.

What I did:

I Force instaled the firware on both units. You have to connet the motor with power to the controler to a computer running dji assistent.
Do the Controler first.
1- put a hold a pin on the reset button on the bottom of the controler.
2- press the power botton on the top. The lide should be on 9not blinking) and the screen off.
3- holding the power button connect to the computer, and open the application.
4- the computer should reading the controler, and re-install the the lasted firware.
5- disconnect the controler from the computer and reconnect to instal the firware for the radio.
After the controler you will do the same thing with the motor.
1- keep the controler, already running the lated firware.
2- on the motor hold the reset button on the bottom.
3- plug the power on the motor and the light should be on not bliking.
4- get a the lemo cable to lemo cable and connect to the controler.
5- connect the controler to the computer, and run the application.
6- the computer should read both and give a opption to re-install the firware for the motor.
7- do the re- install for the motor and disconnect from the computer.
8- with the same set up connect to the computer again to re-install the firware for the radio.
After that everything should be running.
If it is not working. i dont what a f*** is wrong. good luck.
Dan
2017-6-11
Use props
Armesa
lvl.1

Russia

fans0044d7dd - I love you, man! The last firmware killed my Motor Radio - so this force upgrade step by step tutorial saves me!
2017-6-17
Use props
note235
New

United States

Will try this. Thanks Dan.
2017-7-6
Use props
fansbe39467f
New
Flight distance : 200 ft
India

Hello ,
            I try to connect to the old remote to the new motor I get an 'Failed!!!' message. Both lights on the remote and motor are fast flahsing white.  it does not work.  Is there any way to solve. The version of the remote is 1.3. Please kindly help me.
2017-10-26
Use props
fans2b560e9c
New
United States

So I have the Handset plugged into the mac computer and I downloaded the link on the website and it gave me an app called Gimbal when I open it it says DJI Assitant and it doesnt display the Follow FOcus handset. I bought a new motor from you because the last one shorted due to poor design and having to plug the cable into the motor and then into power but thats another issue.

2017-11-8
Use props
sroberth
New
United States

fansbe39467f Posted at 2017-10-26 07:04
Hello ,
            I try to connect to the old remote to the new motor I get an 'Failed!!!' message. Both lights on the remote and motor are fast flahsing white.  it does not work.  Is there any way to solve. The version of the remote is 1.3. Please kindly help me.

I also bought a new motor and can't connect my remote to the motor.. Upgraded the motor and RC to 1.6, and both motor and RC radios to 1.10...

Doesn't seem to be any DJI employees who care to solve these problems.
2017-11-26
Use props
SILOVIKI
New

Russia

It worked for me!)
!=8<>: M:@0=0 2018-08-17 2 14.56.47.png
2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules