Osmo mobile slight vibration is it normal?
2807 5 2016-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jchoquette
lvl.1

Canada

I can feel a very slight vibration in my osmo mobile even when the  gimble is stationary is this normal? I also can't get my other phone  which is a iphone 6+ to ballance even after ajusting the extender arm.  It will ballance when turned on momentarly then just flops out after a  few seconds like its overloaded or something. Not sure if this is normal  of if I have a defective uint.
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

if the vibration is slight and doesn't affect the shooting, it's OK.

But an iPhone 6+ should mount perfectly on Osmo Mobile, try put a tape on the small window of the gimbal.  If it still flips over, then the unit is defective and needs to be sent in. Please contact DJI via online chat at www.dji.com/support
2016-11-10
Use props
fansd8dc6bfc
New

Question about my Osmo Mobile (only 2 days old).  This is the first day I shot with it for an extended period.  The first day, I just tried it for a minute or two in the house.  Seemed fine.  I took it out for a walk at a local park and started having weirdness.  1st after about 5 minutes, I panned down into flashlight mode.  when I went to  to recenter and the phone  in flashlight mode,  it listed right and spun wildly then got stuck and I could hear the motors.  I had to shut it off and restart it.  Seemed fine but then started notiing the gimbal became slower to respond (when using the joystick) as the day went on.  I tuned it on again when I got home (note my battery is still at 70% according to the DJI go App). Well, I can now feel a flight vibration when panning.  using the pan and tilt I can see some jerky motion going on and it takes a while for the gimbal to move (even with the gimbal set on fast).  When I move my hand I can feel it clunking and sometimes it won't respond for a second or to.  Is it possible I have a defective motor, and when the motor spun wildly and got stuck, it damaged itself?  Since it is only 2 days old, I might go back to the apple store and exchange it for another one.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansd8dc6bfc Posted at 2016-11-14 07:28
Question about my Osmo Mobile (only 2 days old).  This is the first day I shot with it for an extend ...

Yes, I would suggest you do that. The unit is defective
2016-11-13
Use props
shervieuxphotog
New

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-14 02:21
Yes, I would suggest you do that. The unit is defective

Thanks Thor.  Unfortunately forums don't send emails when there is an update to a thread you post on, so I just saw this today.  Exchanged this morning.  Noticed a big difference.  As soon as I took it out of the box, the gimal felt tighter and my phone balanced with the screen facing me, instead of flopping forward.  Will be testing it out more, but noticed the DJI GO App that updated this morning (android) broke active track.  Can't even draw the box.  Many people complaining across the forums and facebook that active track is broke on many phones.  Hope they fix it soon, but so far the motors feel smoother.  Will test heavily in the next few days.
2016-11-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

shervieuxphotog Posted at 2016-11-20 06:12
Thanks Thor.  Unfortunately forums don't send emails when there is an update to a thread you post  ...

Hi, we're aware of the active tracking issue and will release a DJI Go update to patch it.
2016-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules