951 10 2016-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul McMenamin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1191211 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi, Let me start by saying I love Dji drones, they are without doubt among the best on the market.Though I am in doubt if my relationship with dji will continue much longer.

On Monday night (03/10/16) my Inspire Pro crashed. It was in Return to home mode. The aircraft seemed to have much less power in RTH than usual, I attempted to cancel RTH, since it was going too slow to return in time. The DJI GO android app told me that RTH was indeed cancelled, however the aircraft did not respond to any input from the controller whatsoever, after this the aircraft flew away in the opposite direction. I tried to trigger RTH once again to make it return, I had camera feed but the Inpsire did not seem to respond to any input from the app, then no signal. I found the Inspire the next day, the aircraft was damaged, the camera and gimbal is broke. Prior to the flight the aircraft gave a warning that the temperature was too low, so I immediately landed as a precaution and allowed the battery to heat,restarted the aircraft and recalibrated the aircraft. After this I waited and there was no further warnings. Perhaps the battery issue had something to do with the incident???

I sent it off to have it repaired. First off my tracking number showed the date the package was received, it took 10 days to get a reply instead of the stated 5 on dji's website.
After that I received the repair invoice which notified me that I would receive a warranty repair free of charge. I rang the Netherlands office to confirm if this was indeed the case. The phone operator confirmed verbally to me, that yes I would receive a free repair, Brilliant. Then 2 days later another email, They changed their mind and I am being charged over 900 euro to have it repaired.

They sent me the diagnosis which laid out everything and said basically it was user error. I am insulted. I have crashed and admitted to wrecking 2 other drones so i didn't even bother sending them in for repair, since it was my own fault. I am even more annoyed because of the time it took them to unpack the machine, and having confirmed to me twice that the Inspire would be warranty repaired.

I have been a loyal customer and this was my seventh dji drone, that's almost €16,000 spent, including batteries, accessories, cases I have spent over the last 3 year's .
I had been planning on purchasing either a matrice or Inspire raw but not if this is the way they treat their customers who spend their hard earned money, especially now when there are viable alternatives available.

So I could pay this €900 and get my Inspire repaired and it will be the last time I will pay for any product from dji , ever, or your company could have my product repaired under warranty as I was originally told and we can carry on our relationship and I will continue to invest my money in your company and products which will mean alot more than €900 in the future. I know people who have had their machines repaired for free even after admitting to user error.

I am very frustrated with this situation, It's ridiculous. I bought another Phantom to keep me flying until the repaired Inspire would come back, which has used up any available budget for new gear until my planned purchase of Inspire Raw/Matrice in January/Feb. I am in Limbo, Very disappointed in the company I have invested so much in.

Sorry for the whole write up. Here is the case number if someone wants to look into it CAS-277325-G3S9J0

2016-11-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi Paul,
Sorry to hear about your crash. I'm curious to know what was in the diagnosis that led them to say the crash was down to user error. Can you share the details of the diagnosis with us?
You say it was in RTH, the I1 will always fly slower in this mode but why were you in RTH? I'm hoping you're not going to tell me that you normally rely on this mode to bring back your I1 Pro when you have finished flying. When you cancelled RTH and found the aircraft unresponsive, did you switch to atti mode or just go straight back to RTH? What sort of environment were you flying in, trees, buildings etc.?
Could you upload your data to Healthydrones.com and post a link here?  It's hard to say what happened without more detail.

Good luck either way

Mark G.
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear about your crash. I will have the case escalated in order to better follow up.
2016-11-11
Use props
Paul McMenamin
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-12 02:59
I'm sorry to hear about your crash. I will have the case escalated in order to better follow up.

Thanks Jamie. May I ask did you elevate the case and is there any word since?
Mark I'm going to hold off posting any logs until I hear more from DJI. I hope it gets worked out, A Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 are in my future plans if this gets worked out. I hope DJI see sense and hold up their word that it will be warranty repaired. In business you should be sure before making promises and then changing your mind. Loyal customers will not take it.

Kind regards,
Paul
2016-11-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Paul McMenamin Posted at 2016-11-16 07:38
Thanks Jamie. May I ask did you elevate the case and is there any word since?
Mark I'm going to h ...

Paul , keep in mind it could have been just a simple mistake  and an  employee mixed up your repair with anothers  and mis-spoke ( Or in your case e -mailed )  I have been on both ends of something like this and it always sucks .   This damage sounds to me like crash damage from a RTH event  from low battery , these things sometimes happen  and I dont think in this case DJI is at fault , Now I dont have all the data , but from what little I do have  the AC did not have enough power to get home and could not fight off the winds and therefore crashed .  I am sorry but these things happen .
Also many times people in my business have told me how much more products they are going to buy if I get them there Item covered etc. All I can say is that I let each one stand on it's merits and make the fairest call that I can .  If I was DJI I would charge you for the repair but at  discount because of the Mistake of giving you wrong Information , to me that would be the fair .

I am very sorry for the  damage on you aircraft Paul , and the resulting confusion, but the bottom line after re - evaluation at DJI, I think they made the correct call.  Let me know if there is some other data that is missing  and how this turns out .

****This  is just my opinion, you posted for the forums thoughts and just wanted to give you my take being in retail  most of my life .

donnie

2016-11-16
Use props
Paul McMenamin
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks Donnie for your reply. I appreciate your feedback and opinion. I posted on the forum since I saw a few other cases received attention and had better results, any consumer would love this. Also the aircraft stated it was at 200 meters altitude above ground level at the time it lost power, it was in fact at 55 meters above ground level going by the last recorded coordinates. I have checked on 3 different sites to ensure this was the case, so something wasn't 100% onboard the Inspire.
2016-11-16
Use props
Paul McMenamin
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-12 02:59

Hi Jamie, any update?
Thanks.
2016-11-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Paul McMenamin Posted at 2016-11-16 09:24
Thanks Donnie for your reply. I appreciate your feedback and opinion. I posted on the forum since I  ...

Paul ,  I hope that you and DJI  can come up with an amicable solution to the problem. Regardless of cause it sucks to loose an aircraft .

Cheers

donnie
2016-11-17
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

As much as I hope you get a speedy repair at minimal cost to yourself, I have to say I'm with Donnie on this one. That said if you have a repair invoice stating it was a warranty repair, free of charge I'm sure they will stick to it.
It would be nice to see the data though as a conclusion to any accident/failure is a valuable lesson to the rest of us. It can help prevent similar occurrences.
Good luck Paul

Mark G.

I like what you've done with your hair Donnie.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Paul McMenamin Posted at 2016-11-17 22:26
Hi Jamie, any update?
Thanks.

The Europe Support team has been re-evaluating the data. Just to make sure I'm still on the same page, you have not received any further correspondence or an alternative invoice within this week, correct?
2016-11-17
Use props
Paul McMenamin
lvl.1
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-17 23:23
The Europe Support team has been re-evaluating the data. Just to make sure I'm still on the same p ...

Hi Jamie, no I have no further correspondence from Dji.
2016-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules