Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo mobile or GoPro grip for hero5 and 6splus?
2939 6 2016-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb82702ae
New

United Kingdom

Hi hopefully Ive got my question across it the title quite well my wonderfull wife says I can have either of the above for Xmas I was originally looking at the GoPro to go with my new hero5 but then saw the OSMO mobile and thought I could use that with my 6S+ and gopro(with an adaptor.) Ive also been reading about problems with iphones with ois so I wonder if going with the DJI is actually going to be the right thing to do?IM Aso unclear howwell these gopro adaptors really work mu gopro is 112g and my 6s+ is 192 Im sure an adaptor would make the gopro nearly as heavy as my iphone!

Any advice or other things I need to consider would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Paul Cotterill
2016-11-12
Use props
SMOOTHBASSMAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344219 ft
  • >>>
United States

All I can say is that I love my DJI mobile. They always say the best camera you have is the one you have with you all the time. My Note takes great footage.

I saw that GoPro had some issues and have stopped production of the Karma until they get that fixed. Don't think the gopro Gimbal sticks are going to be out until all of that is solved.
2016-11-12
Use props
mboh
New

Australia

I would strongly recommend you research and read a lot more. I was also interested with the osmo mobile, but then read a lot of issues and complain about the product and customer service from DJI. I'm having second thought now. As far as gimbal/stabilizer, there are many options out there, some can accommodate both gopro and smartphone, others might not. For gopro, check out other brands like Zhiyun, Feiyu, Removu, Snoppa.   Zhiyun and Feiyu have gimbal for phones and gopros, even one where you can have it mounted/wearable (Rider-M or WG). Removu S1 is waterproof gimbal for gopro where you can use it both with handle or wearable as well. Snoppa M1 is mainly for phones (any size and brands) but they claim that they can mount gopro as well, check out their progress on Indiegogo website. Both Removu and Snoppa are on Indiegogo. Check out youtube as well. It's only a matter of time where ONE gimbal/stabilizer can accommodate both gopro and phones. As far as ActiveTrack or other features from DJI app, that's all software side and other companies can develop that as well. The most important thing is the hardware where you want to make sure it will accommodate your gear. Software can be updated later on by the company. Just my two cents, as I am also trying to find a solution for my gears.
2016-11-13
Use props
Cotti7
New

United Kingdom

Thanjs for the reply I'll definitely do some further research
2016-11-13
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

Don't forget the activetrack requires the phone, it won't work with the GoPro, also the wide lens on the GoPro may get the gimbal in the shot.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

There are actually 3rd party gears that got  produced with 3d printer that will allow you use Gopro camera on Osmo Mobile, I haven't tried it personally though
2016-11-13
Use props
fansdc266b80
lvl.1

United States

I found one of these on eBay.  It's a mounting adapter to use GoPro hero5 on the osmo mobile. Only problem is all of them come from China; nobody stocks them in the US therefore shipping takes at least 3 weeks
http://m.ebay.com/itm/122238726594
2016-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules