Need some help with binding camera or other problem help appreciated.
6000 30 2015-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Was having problem binding camera replaced a broken remote. I am having the problem access to camera explicitly denied. I did manually enter code connected every thing works now can control gimble all info there batteries satellites distance but no picture showing and no video or pics.

So now every thing works but no picture can take pic but nothing there. Also no video. When you try to use scan qr code says access to camera explicidely denied any ideas.

Every thing is working on camera but no picture or video black screen on app. When you hit record button on app phantom connection broken network timed out message.

Thanks
Jason
2015-2-7
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Any ideas?  checked all grey cables on top coming in no luck.

2015-2-8
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

Which quad. v2?  V2+?  Did you scan qcode to bind from box or bottom of quad?  What is your app running on. iOS? Droid?  What software on mobile device, camera and in bird?  

App crashing over the last three weeks is mostly associated w the updates   We need you to get to a known good baseline first - then figure out what's up
2015-2-8
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Vision 2+ will not scan code at all When you try says access to camera explicitly denied. Enter code In manually to bind and every thing works but no video or pictures. Try hitting camera or record button Get connection broken network timed out message. iPhone 5 latest update vision software 3.08 camera latest update. Vision app on phone latest version. Any help would be great.

Thanks
2015-2-8
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Jason in TN Posted at 2015-2-9 06:18
Vision 2+ will not scan code at all When you try says access to camera explicitly denied. Enter code ...

Main difference I notice when I try to bind is if I try to use scan qr code I get DJI vision was explicitly denied access to camera from all the other times I tried to bind.
2015-2-8
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Jason in TN Posted at 2015-2-9 10:06
Main difference I notice when I try to bind is if I try to use scan qr code I get DJI vision was e ...

Any more ideas would be appreciated. I am about to give up on this thing. Can get it connected with manually entering code but camera is unless it is bad to have this much money invested and it not work thinking it may be software but who knows. The only thing really different is that when you try to bind when you want to scan QR code get message explicitly denied access to camera. Starting to get tired of messing with it.
2015-2-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Jason in TN Posted at 2015-2-9 11:42
Any more ideas would be appreciated. I am about to give up on this thing. Can get it connected wit ...

Do you have a QR code on the bottom side of the Phantom?
2015-2-8
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Yes I do will not let you use QR code to scan. Can manual enter code and bind but get all telemetry but no picture or video. Just took camera off again may start tearing it apart to see if I can see any problems there.
2015-2-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Jason in TN Posted at 2015-2-9 12:11
Yes I do will not let you use QR code to scan. Can manual enter code and bind but get all telemetry  ...

When you open the binding page, do you see any numbers in the top 2 slots for a camera already binded?
We can fix this for you I think.  Don't tear your camera all apart yet.  Put it back on and connect it to the Phantom.
2015-2-8
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Well every thing on the camera and gimbal looks good. Cable and connections look ok. Not real sure where to go next don't want to start buying a lot of stuff and not know what is wrong with it.  
2015-2-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Jason in TN Posted at 2015-2-9 13:46
Well every thing on the camera and gimbal looks good. Cable and connections look ok. Not real sure w ...

Camera is all connected now to the Phantom?
2015-2-8
Use props
DJI-冬瑞
lvl.1

Hong Kong

There maybe has some falty of your wifi module or your cable,you may get some help from your local dealer.
2015-2-9
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

same problem/same message. Cant scan QR code and I dont know the camera MAC address to enter it manually. The top two slots on the binding page are blank.

2015-2-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

steve.chalgrave Posted at 2015-2-9 19:38
same problem/same message. Cant scan QR code and I dont know the camera MAC address to enter it manu ...

Do you have a QR code under the battery on the bottom  of the Phantom?
2015-2-9
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-9 19:40
Do you have a QR code under the battery on the bottom  of the Phantom?

no but there is a QR code on the underside of the camera. Howveer, as both myself and the O/P have both said, when we try to use the QR code in the binding process, the error message says we are explicitly denied access to the camera.

2015-2-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

What number are you putting in to bind?  287107?
2015-2-9
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-9 20:56
What number are you putting in to bind?  287107?

I'm not sure if I have tried that. The example in the manual shows FC200 and then 6 digits.

I will have to try it later when I am home, but the MAC address for the phantom itself is not any part of its serial no so I don't think it will work.

2015-2-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

steve.chalgrave Posted at 2015-2-9 21:42
I'm not sure if I have tried that. The example in the manual shows FC200 and then 6 digits.

I wil ...

That is the number you need to enter.
1. reset your range extender wait for the system light to turn solid green
2. go to settings on your phone and connect with Phantom wifi
3. open DJI APP,
4. go to binding
5 enter the numbers 287107
6. press blue arrow at top.
7. I think there is 1 more step, I can't remember
then you will have to go back to settings on your phone wifi and the Phantom wifi should now show.
2015-2-9
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

No, doesn't work.

I get connected on the wifi to the phantom. Go to binding, manually enter the numbers, and press the blue tick. twice. On second press, you get the phones "working" circle in the centre of the display and the top of the app page says "binding" the screen then clears back to the previou page as though the binding is complete.

However, if you return to the binding page, the top two lines are still blank indicating that the binding failed.
2015-2-9
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Still have not figure mine out either about to give up. Seems there are a lot of problems with gimble and camera from DJI. For the price this stuff should work. May be time to junk the gimble and camera and by aftermarket one that seems to be what a lot of people are doing. Have not given up yet but I am about to.
2015-2-9
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for all the help so far trying to decide what to do start replacing stuff or send it to a repair place. Really like to fly it but with out camera it is not near as fun. If it is not some software glitch I would start with replacing ribbon cable looks ok though. Then maybe other cables to camera wifi would be last as it is most expensive. Think I could do it my self but not sure what to do going to have to get it up again some how.
2015-2-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Jason in TN Posted at 2015-2-10 13:47
Thanks for all the help so far trying to decide what to do start replacing stuff or send it to a rep ...

If none of the numbers work, I think you should call the place where you purchased it and talk with them.
2015-2-9
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OK got mine sorted now.

I am in UK so I emailed DJI Europe support in Germany and provided them with the same photo of the underside of the camera. They emailed me back today with the MAC address for the camera (which bears no resemblance to the serial no so you will not get it from there).

I went through the manual and went through the binding process stage by stage. Got the wifi extender to link and work on the DJI app, so moved onto the camera binding. The MAC address dji provided was "The camera MAC is MAC:60601F000F57."

It didn't work, however I tried it again using lower case f instead of F. That worked! The camera shows as bound and it operates properly! Now all I need is the little clip to fix it to the frame securely!!

Hope this helps - my tip...try all permutations of upper and lower case letters when binding.

If you haven't got the MAC address email DJI with the camera serial no.

cheers steve
2015-2-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

steve.chalgrave Posted at 2015-2-11 05:59
OK got mine sorted now.

I am in UK so I emailed DJI Europe support in Germany and provided them wit ...

Does the number they give you show on any number you can find on the range extender or the Phantom, or is it an entirely new number?  BTW, write that number on a label and save it.
2015-2-10
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-11 06:03
Does the number they give you show on any number you can find on the range extender or the Phantom ...

No it doesn't appear anywhere. There is no way you can work it out from any numbers serial or otherwise.
I have saved it, written it on the box.
cheers
2015-2-10
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

steve.chalgrave Posted at 2015-2-11 06:49
No it doesn't appear anywhere. There is no way you can work it out from any numbers serial or othe ...

They assigned another mac address to it.
2015-2-10
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

maybe. how they can assign a new mac address to a camera/drone that they have no access to and it to work is impossible though? They couldn't give your computer a new mac address without gaining some access into its systems to do so?

So, I think they have just told me what the mac address is that was originally assigned to that camera serial no. If it didn't work I think I was looking at a "factory reset" which to my mind is them checking the camera and then assigning a new MAC address to it.
2015-2-11
Use props
steve.chalgrave
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Madness. I am missing the tiny screw that fixes the camera to the damper bar and allows it to pan.....DJI support tell me the only way to buy it is to buy the "camera pack" which includes the camera!! £400+ !!

Thanks then to "heliguy" who have supplied one for £5 inc postage!
2015-2-12
Use props
brylpete
New

United States

Jason, try this....

When you enter in the last 6 digits in the Qcode manually and tap the check mark on the first and second tab in the App, power cycle the Phantom - RC - RE off and then on again.  Check it again to see if that remedies the problem.  I was ready to purchase a new RE when I ran across a vid on YouTube that added the power cycle step.  That worked for me!  Good Luck!
2015-3-27
Use props
wolffman420
New

United States

Hey Jason,
Did you ever have any luck solving the "DJI was denied explicit use of the camera" issue?  I am trying to rebind my device on a new iPhone and it is giving me the error.

Thanks
2015-7-14
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Download a WIFI scanner app. Android has WIFI analyser. Turn on phantom and start app and scan. Write down the MAC address. The last 6 characters is needed. Label that on the phantom. I have used this method as I have bounded a few wifi modules that have missing QR stickers.
Follow the DJI wiki instructions:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... _the_Range_Extender - make sure you read it and re-read it. The flashes on the RE700 is important for the binding to happen.
Try using uppercase and make sure you hit the DONE button.
If that all fails, then it could be the module.
2015-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules