Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak TRansmission SIgnal
1067 10 2016-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans72dcec1b
lvl.2

I continue to get a weak signal transmission and my iPad screen loses the image and it turns green or just disappears.  I have flown in these areas before.  It happens everywhere.  It just started doing this within the last week.  I did upgrade last evening to latest firmware in hopes it would go away.  Unfortunately it is still happening.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks,John
2016-11-12
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.3
Flight distance : 315584 ft
United Kingdom

Ive just received a replacement P4 from DJI repair and my first flight with it was as you described. Im using an Ipad mini 2 and had no problems with my previous P4 video signal and wondered if id set something up wrong. But with you just starting with the same problem I'm wondering if its firmware related or maybe atmospheric. I look forward to reading further comments on this thread.
2016-11-12
Use props
fans72dcec1b
lvl.2

spalding1968 Posted at 2016-11-12 21:04
Ive just received a replacement P4 from DJI repair and my first flight with it was as you described. ...

Well I emailed DJI support the same question.  Hopefully they get back to me.  Hate flying without a video signal..I did try to downgrade my firmware as well, it didn't fix the problem either..John
2016-11-12
Use props
SajidShah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

its DJI New App issue on Apple products fly with Android its work fine there
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Can you verify what Phantom model you have and what firmware you're running? What mobile device do you have and what Go app version do you use? What OS version is your device running?
2016-11-12
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.3
Flight distance : 315584 ft
United Kingdom

Im flying Phantom 4 with all the latest firmware and go app on an Ipad mini 2 cellular, but without a sim, using iOS 10.1.1. This didnt happen with the drone i returned under warranty but does with the replacement.
2016-11-13
Use props
Kingkong
New

Australia

Me too WEAK SIGNAL.   ... green screen on iPad  & iPhone only HEADPLAY works
2016-11-13
Use props
zeawil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24797 ft
Puerto Rico

I'm using Samsung S7 edge and Tab 4  with P4. knowing that the S7 is not in the approved list form DJI I decide to use only the S tab 4 which is in the approved list but, I have the same problem of scramble image in screen with both S7 edge & S Tab4 after verification of the raw video the video was perfect no problem at all. I call DJI tech support to explain the problem they suggest to enable USB Debugging after enable it the image problem continue.  I decide to play with the developer options on the S7 Edge 1st after try different enable and disable options VOILA!!!! the image lag and or distortion went away and I have a rock solid image in the S7 edge.  This is the enable option that work in my case:
1) Enable the developer option, 2) enable USB debugging, 3) enable force GPU Rendering
I don't know how this change will impact other app in the phone.  BE CAREFUL!!!
I hope help other!
2016-11-13
Use props
Jim Watkins
First Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

I am getting the same problem and it's so bad the video feed is unusable.  It started for me in the past week or two.  I'm using a P4 and IPad mini.  I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and have no such issue with it.  The video is fine on the Android device.  Now, when using the IPad, if I select manual instead of automatic in the video settings, it works fine, but it is completely unusable in auto even in totally rural locations where there is NOT interference.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail. I assumed it might have something to do with the latest IOS updates, but I don't know.  This is very important and I hope we get an answer soon.

--Jim
2016-11-13
Use props
onetyme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484357 ft
United States

Exact same issue after update, so bad I had to exchange it at Best Buy for a new P4 (all iOS and with latest app and firmware with original P4)

With the new P4, I have not updated any firmware and the problem is gone and does not exist. (Stock firmware, latest iOS app version)
2016-11-13
Use props
SajidShah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

yes had Issues with Apple and Samsung ... BUT HDMI is work fine with FATSHARK Googles
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules