Captured Videos to DVD Quality Reduced
1473 6 2016-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Im capturing my video in 1080p, and converting the mp4 to a video DVD and find that video is not as sharp as the original .mp4 file. Is there a program or technique/settings that will give the final DVD the same quality as the original mp4/video file?
IS DVD creation in blueray the the answer to this?
What programs are you finding to create the DVD? Most I find are quite expensive.
Thanks
2016-11-12
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Arab Emirates

Problem is most video editing by PC is less resolution than we are recording at .... prime example is my P3S with 2.7K is higher res than your 1080 .... and actually exceeds most domestic displays and Pc screens.

Only way to keep the high res is to not edit !! To keep the raw video.

Of course some will have PC's that have the 'grunt' to work with expensive semi and full professional editing packages ...

Me I use Freemake to convert videos if needed  ... and Movie maker to edit ... I accept that quality will downgrade as I usually upload to YT anyway ... the original raw video I archive on the PC. I may start cutting ti DVD discs as an archive because even though my PC has a large drive and I also use portable drives - all are getting full !!

Nigel

2016-11-12
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

solentlife Posted at 2016-11-12 23:18
Problem is most video editing by PC is less resolution than we are recording at .... prime example i ...

I use Freemake as well to convert if needed, but making dvd video that others can view on their home player is my goal. When I did, I noticed the reduced quality.
What video to dvd routine would give a video dvd quality closer to quality of original captured video? HIgher quality initial video, blu ray rendering, etc?
Thanks for reply
2016-11-12
Use props
KenBSA
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi Stuka75. You are taking footage that is 1080 (Hi definition) and dropping it to mpeg2 (Standard definition) so there will definitely be a quality loss. If you want to retain the quality, write to Blu ray. That way it is still HD quality but you can only play it on a Blu ray player. Using software such as TMPGEnc to encode the mpeg file will give you a very good quality DVD, but still not as good as HD.
2016-11-12
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

KenBSA Posted at 2016-11-13 02:40
Hi Stuka75. You are taking footage that is 1080 (Hi definition) and dropping it to mpeg2 (Standard d ...

thanks for the reply. Do you need a blueray read write player to make blueray disks? Or does the program and standard pc dvd/cd player do both?
2016-11-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

stuka75 Posted at 2016-11-13 07:24
thanks for the reply. Do you need a blueray read write player to make blueray disks? Or does the p ...

Yes, you definitely need a BluRay player capable of writing to produce BluRay discs.
2016-11-12
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

KenBSA Posted at 2016-11-13 02:40
Hi Stuka75. You are taking footage that is 1080 (Hi definition) and dropping it to mpeg2 (Standard d ...

Great explanation . Thanks.
2016-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules