Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Want to buy the osmo+ soon but I'm afraid because of the focus issue
1059 10 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

What you guys recommend to do?
Is it usable at all in it's current state?

DJI- is it something that will be fixed in a firmware update or it's a hardware issue and this is how it is and will ever be?

Thank you.
2016-11-13
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Not to discourage you, but buying any product when you know there is something wrong with it, is a bad idea in my estimation.  I own the Osmo+ and have serious issues with it not working on my bike properly.  There isn't anyway to get a refund even though I requested one within a couple weeks of my purchase.  Turns out DJI forces retailers to send all customers to their designated service representative, so getting a refund is not possible unless you buy directly from DJI, and then only within a 2 week window.  All in all a pretty poor company policy which is designed to restrict refunds to just a few.  So, any company with this mindset isn't the company to trust in fixing known issues, again, in my estimation.
2016-11-13
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Rodger Marjama Posted at 2016-11-13 15:20
Not to discourage you, but buying any product when you know there is something wrong with it, is a b ...

Thank you for your reply friend.
I knew that it's not a good idea to buy a camera that has trouble focusing but I really need a stabilized camera that has zoom capabilities and I hoped that I could get an answer here how bad is the problem, and from DJI representatives an answer for the possible firmware fix.
I'm a little sad. I admit. That's because I have the previous osmo with no zoom and it's really a missing virtue..
2016-11-13
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-11-14 00:36
Thank you for your reply friend.
I knew that it's not a good idea to buy a camera that has troubl ...

I dont have any focus issue at all...
just tap on the screen where you want zoom...
my only concern is at the drift when fixed on a spot for timelapses. it goes up and down....
look at this test

2016-11-13
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

From my experience, as long as you remember to tap on the preview screen to tell the Osmo+ where the focal point of interest should be, you'll be fine. If this concerns you then go for the regular Osmo which I believe is fixed focus.
2016-11-13
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

I have a focus issue with mine, big time.  Bought this for my bike, but it has problems with bumps.  Cannot be reset without power down.

2016-11-13
Use props
HDP Videography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55069 ft
United States

Has anyone heard from DJI if these issues can be fixed with firmware updates or is it a hardware issue?
2016-11-13
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

My unit has been with warranty repair for focus issues for 3.5 weeks now, I'm starting to think they don't have a fix.
2016-11-13
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

breezeway95 Posted at 2016-11-13 20:55
From my experience, as long as you remember to tap on the preview screen to tell the Osmo+ where the ...

So after you press the screen to focus, it stays focused until your next press, or it is continuing to search for objects to focus at..?
This is very important for closeups because if it will start to lose focus on a gentle shot, it will be useless..
So this is why I opened the thread - to understand the way it really works and the limitations.

Dji- I would really appreciate a comment on this before making a decision to buy or not.
Thank you.
2016-11-13
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Rodger Marjama Posted at 2016-11-13 20:55
I have a focus issue with mine, big time.  Bought this for my bike, but it has problems with bumps.  ...

So it seems like a malfunction rather than a limitation of the device... Am I right..?

Thank you all for your replies.
I only wish that dji will give a straight answer on my question.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-11-14 07:51
So after you press the screen to focus, it stays focused until your next press, or it is continuin ...

It will keep its focus on the object until you turn it, then it will focus in the middle of the screen.

You can also turn off the real-time focus option, then you will need to tap to focus each time you turn the camera
2016-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules