Remote rapidly beeps prior to takeoff? Flight is normal.
1776 7 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
onetyme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484357 ft
United States

One question.  Ever time prior to takeoff, just after I iniate the motor's but not before, my remote control begins to rapidly beep ( B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B) as soon as I have liftoff from the ground it stops and does not start again till next flight.

There are no notifications displayed while using DJI go app and beeping (both app & devise on latest version of iOS)
The aircraft does not seem to be affected in flight.  Flight is normal in all aspects after beeping stops.
After motors are iniated, the beeping beggins and will not stop till liftoff and in the air.
Beeping will not begin until the motors are iniated.
No notifications (screen menu or pop up) on devise as to reason why beeping.

It's quite annoying.
I've read through manual and searched forum and cannot figure it out.
Does anyone know how to make it stop beeping or why it's beeping?
As of right now, the only way to make it stop beeping is to physically fly it.

Any advise would be great, thanx.....
2016-11-13
Use props
fans8b45f001
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

It's most likely that you have obstacle avoidance turned on and it's detecting something in front of the craft that it doesn't like.   (Do you see the obstacle avoidance indicators appearing on upper part of the center of the screen)?
2016-11-13
Use props
onetyme
lvl.2
United States

fans8b45f001 Posted at 2016-11-13 13:56
It's most likely that you have obstacle avoidance turned on and it's detecting something in front of ...

Obstacle avoidance is on but nothing preventing it from moving forward nor is anything in its flight path.
No notification, warning or any indicator (other than beeping)  of possible obstacle via screen.

I've purposely tested out the obstacle avoidance (which works fine) by flying into a fence. This does not seem to be the issue.

I will try taking off with obstacle avoidance off and see what happens (then what's the point of obstacle avoidance if you must turn it off?)
2016-11-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

onetyme Posted at 2016-11-13 22:04
Obstacle avoidance is on but nothing preventing it from moving forward nor is anything in its flig ...

Have you calibrated the sensors at all using DJI Assistant 2, that might help.
2016-11-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You hear a 'B-B-B-B-B-B'? Sounds like it's telling you it's in Pee-wee Herman mode - that's the switch on the side set to P.

Sorry - I couldn't resist that one. My serious guess is that it's a 'not quite' ready indicator. IMU not warmed up or something else perhaps. But then you said the indicators on screen were OK...
2016-11-13
Use props
onetyme
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-13 14:09
Have you calibrated the sensors at all using DJI Assistant 2, that might help.

I only have the Mac version of DJI assistance 2, which is absolutely horrible and serves no function for my Phantom 4.
(DJI assistant 2 needs its code re-written for Mac at least)
2016-11-13
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

Mine will do that if there is something within the detection range of the obstacle avoidance sensors.    Even blades of grass will trigger the beep.    apparently it becomes active immediately  after you start the motors.   Raising the craft a feet will silence the alarm (unless the obstacle  is taller.   I always start with the Phantom facing away from me because if I am in front of it, it detects me as the obstacle.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The beep sounds should be from your mobile device instead of remote controller.
You could try to disable the mobile device and try to start the motor with remote, there will be no beep sounds, or you can try to disable obstacle avoidance on the APP as mentioned and check again.
2016-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules