no wifi with ipad mini but okay with android
1456 13 2016-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

This morning all was fine; but then, for some unknown reason, my ipad mini now does not connect to the phantom 3 Standard wifi, but my android does. The ipad does connect to my home wifi, but not the the Phantom wifi. So, the ipad is probably okay, in that regard. I have latest dji firmware. Latest iOS software, I reset ipad to factor specs and still yet, the ipad will not connect to the phantom wifi, while the android does. Any suggestions here? Thanks...-Ken

2016-11-13
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

Well, I've been playing around with this problem and noticed an option to 'renew lease' in the wifi options. So, I clicked that. Now it works! Go figure....
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kenwae Posted at 2016-11-14 06:50
Well, I've been playing around with this problem and noticed an option to 'renew lease' in the wifi  ...

Great, glad to hear you got it sorted out, enjoy it!
2016-11-13
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

Well, as it would have it, no, I don't. It seemed to work once. Tried it again and it did not. So, it's weird. Imagine there with your drone and controller, you're connected to it on the android phone, and not on the ipad mini 2, which it had been for weeks, without problem. So, I'm still in a quandry about what's going on with the ipad....
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kenwae Posted at 2016-11-14 11:57
Well, as it would have it, no, I don't. It seemed to work once. Tried it again and it did not. So, i ...

Have you tried to reset the WIFI of RC?
2016-11-13
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

No. How do I reset the wifi of RC?
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kenwae Posted at 2016-11-14 15:45
No. How do I reset the wifi of RC?

Here is the screenshot for your reference:
reset WiFi.png
2016-11-14
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

I'll give it a go later on today when I have the unit at hand. Thanks....
2016-11-14
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

I reset the RC and still have the same problem. On the ipad mini 2, I have 'no internet access' on the samsung s7, I connect just fine...Again, the ipad had been working fine. And, the ipad works fine with other wifi signals, just not the phantom
2016-11-14
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

Well, I don't know what I did, but now I have connection, even though underneath the wifi list where it says phantom, it still says no internet connection. I reset the ipad to factor settings, that might have done it, though I thought I did that yesterday too. It was only that kind of try anything approach that caused me to go check the camera even though it said no internet connection, and voila, it works. So, right now, okay. Of course, now I'm a bit cautious about it going out in mid air, but I have my samsung phone which has worked consistently should something like that happen...Anyway, I may be back, or not, around this topic.....
2016-11-14
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

Well, the story just keeps going on.....Yeah, it worked; the battery was low. Landed. Put in a fresh battery, and now, the camera is not working. So, it says disconnected, and there's no view. and, I can start it, even fly it. Worse, now both ipad and android are showing disconnected with no camera view...ugh...
2016-11-14
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

And now, about ten minutes later, after 'forget this network' was clicked, on both devices, it's working...One thing I can say, I've become a lot more familiar with the menu items!
2016-11-14
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Kenwae Posted at 2016-11-14 23:29
And now, about ten minutes later, after 'forget this network' was clicked, on both devices, it's wor ...

When you are connected to the Phantom, you will never have wifi internet access.  The Phantom is acting as a router, but it is not connected to the internet in any way.  You may get internet access through the cellular system, but never through the Phantom wifi.
2016-11-14
Use props
Kenwae
lvl.2
United States

Good to know, thanks...
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules