New mavic packaging...
2377 6 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7a27e147
lvl.2

United States

Hi everyone,

General question about packaging. I recieved my mavic pro from B and H over the weekend and everything looks great - just havent had a chance to fly yet. My only question is the drone came in the box with the gimbal clamp and cover (with rubber piece) off, just laying loosely. Everything else packaged well, all stickers and seals on, box sealed, no scratches on lens or anywhere else. Anyone else have similar experience? Or just oversight by DJI? I think being in the original box in the designated cut-out the shipping should be okay withkut the clamp and cover - lot of room for the gimbal.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2016-11-14
Use props
Rocco12475
lvl.2

United States

Perhaps it fell off during shipping. When did you order?
2016-11-14
Use props
Mikesask
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mine was exactly the same cover was off and the clamp was off aswell dont know if it has damaged yet wont know till its charged up.
2016-11-14
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

There are several reports of this same issue upon opening the box. It seems fairly common. Make sure to do a full test of all functions and keep a closer eye on the unit for a bit just in case.
2016-11-14
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Have you seen how DHL and Fedex handle packages? Look at the myriod of unboxing videos and see how many have bent corners on the DJI Mavic box when they arrive. Small wonder the cover fell off actually.
2016-11-14
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I have seen a number of unboxing videos where it was not attached. I don't think it's a big deal, as the dome merely covers the area, but does not secure the gimbal itself. There is a gimbal clamp that protects the gimbal from movement during transport.  So long as the gimbal clamp was still in place, then I am sure you are fine.

Also, until you know your Mavic is flying properly, I would recommend keeping the dome off (but removing the clamp) during those first few flights. I read just this morning of someone who flew for only 20 seconds, and his Mavic took off and hit a fence, breaking the gimbal off a the base. I seriously doubt you need the highest quality video recording during your practice flights anyway. Better to be safe.
2016-11-14
Use props
fans7a27e147
lvl.2

United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-15 05:05
I have seen a number of unboxing videos where it was not attached. I don't think it's a big deal, as ...

Gimbal clamp was off as well, but i don't remember it being on either when i purchased a phantom last year. Either way not a big deal, i think the cutout in the packaging has plenty of room to avoid the gimbal hitting anything during transport.

Thank u
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules