Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying using an iPad - not an app problem
2031 13 2015-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nigel.keene.ema
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I dont think this is an app problem but any advice would be appreciated. I am flying in a semi rual UK location and have a real probel seeing what the camera is recording on my ipad. The picture takes so long to refresh of even just sticks. It looks a big like a large file trying to download. I have tried moving away from RAW pics and reduced the video to the smallest file size but still the same.......any suggestions?

2015-2-8
Use props
stuzphotos.gmai
lvl.1

United States

I had a similar issue, good possibility the IPad you have is to old to run the app. I just purchased and an IPad Air 2 works fine. The iPad mini also works. You need the new processor.
Stu
2015-2-8
Use props
cmontisano
Second Officer

United States

yes I agree as well ipad 2 with the A8 processor or the Mini
2015-2-8
Use props
Roddy1
lvl.1

Canada

Does the package come with the remote attachment for the iPad.   The images depicted on all of the sites of the remotes has the iPad shown,  but the images of the packages all show an attachment that would hold a cell phone.
2015-2-8
Use props
nigel.keene.ema
lvl.1

United Kingdom

cmontisano Posted at 2015-2-9 00:22
yes I agree as well ipad 2 with the A8 processor or the Mini

Well that's the odd thing, it is an iPad mini so I guess the latest processor…..As it was 3G enabled I wondered if that was causing a conflict?

2015-2-8
Use props
ghoonk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

You'll need at least an iPad Air 2 or an iPad mini 2 to run the app properly. Anything older will result in performance issues which could put your flight at risk.
2015-2-8
Use props
nigel.keene.ema
lvl.1

United Kingdom

ghoonk Posted at 2015-2-9 01:08
You'll need at least an iPad Air 2 or an iPad mini 2 to run the app properly. Anything older will re ...

I am using an iPad mini 2
2015-2-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

Dump the cable to connect to the TX from DJI use the original tablet cord to interface.
See if that clears it up the DJI shorty cable is IMO worthless other than its length.
2015-2-8
Use props
nigel.keene.ema
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-2-9 02:43
Dump the cable to connect to the TX from DJI use the original tablet cord to interface.
See if that  ...

Thanks CA I am using the cable that came with the phone however.
2015-2-8
Use props
stuzphotos.gmai
lvl.1

United States

Roddy1 Posted at 2015-2-9 00:30
Does the package come with the remote attachment for the iPad.   The images depicted on all of the s ...

yes it holds unto an iPad air
2015-2-8
Use props
Jorgehlopezc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4957293 ft
Colombia

I have flown over 80 times without problems with unauthorized IOS application 0.9.2.

I share you my work...

http://youtu.be/OaKaAY30iv4
2015-2-8
Use props
nigel.keene.ema
lvl.1

United Kingdom

In case anyone else finds this string. I took my iPad mini into apple and it was the original version so I upgraded to a Mini 2 while in there, tried that and it worked perfectly. Little or no lag. As others have mentioned the processor is just too slow on anything but the latest devices really……Thanks all for the advice on this thread though, I appreciate the community spirit!

N
2015-2-10
Use props
kietzmanbc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 318205 ft
Canada

"Dump the cable to connect to the TX from DJI use the original tablet cord to interface"

I just received my inspire this morning and it did NOT come with a lightning cable. My guess is that they have stop shipping until they have an actual "blessed" app from apple. (it came with two micro USB cables instead)

2015-2-10
Use props
ghoonk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

kietzmanbc Posted at 2015-2-11 04:39
I just received my inspire this morning and it did NOT come with a lightning cable. My guess is th ...

The Inspire does not come with a Lightning cable. or a microUSB cable. You'll need to provide that yourself.

Unless they changed the shipping contents sometime after launch - mine was from the first production batch shipped in very early Jan 2015.
2015-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules