HDMI Board causing glitchy video that goes black or green
1398 11 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans53f92340
lvl.1
United States

DJI team, we have tested this and we feel you have a major issue with users who have the HDMI board installed and using the latest APP and Firmware.

So  I removed the HDMI module and installed the stock module and everything  worked fine, no more weak transmission signal errors and glitchy  green/black video, restarted multiple times to confirm, installed the  HDMI module and the glitchy video returned, restarted multiple times to  confirm, installed stock module again, all good

We have a thread going on FB.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ ... id=1479043207149229
2016-11-14
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Your FB link just goes to the "DJI Phantom 4 Owners Group"  -- I don't want to join that group for what I thought was a Phantom 3 issue.  BTW, I'm not having any issues with my HDMI module.
2016-11-14
Use props
fans53f92340
lvl.1
United States

no crap Gil, if you look at any of the forums on facebook its happening with P3s as well, I was just providing a link to the latest thread from last night. If you are not having issues then great but you didnt provide any feedback on your setup...
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know what's your aircraft model? you have upgraded remote to the latest after installing HDMI, right?
What mobile device you are using? image transmission was fine with the previous APP?
Would you please post a screenshot showing the glitchy green/black video?
2016-11-17
Use props
fans53f92340
lvl.1
United States

i have a phantom 3 pro... so after doing some pretty good test coverage I think I'm chalking this up to the RC firmware. I down graded the 1.6 firmware on the RC vs. 1.8 and its works flawlessly!. The DJI GO App is current and the firmware on the quad is current.
2016-11-21
Use props
fans7d4c3e61
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11827 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I agree. I also had to remove my hdmi module to sort that issue on my P4. All latest FW on everything and latest GO app.
2016-11-21
Use props
fansfa0ca5c2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133317 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem with the HDMI module. Sent one back and had to purchase a new one due to DJI not recognizing their problem. I now have a new P4 and same problem. I was in contact with DJI support for weeks and they still did not recognize the problem. I tested the P4 with the Nexus 7 Tab with all updates applied and video same scratchy with black lines in it.  I tried my cell Asus cell and two tabs with same video problem.  I then switched the HDMI board and put the original back into the P4 and the video problem was fixed.  DJI has a problem and support has a problem not recognizing this HDMI and software issue.  I am not sure why I am expected to jump thru all the hoops and do DJI support work for them and also pay again for something that is their fault.  Come on DJI, support your customers!
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansfa0ca5c2 Posted at 2016-12-24 09:29
I have the same problem with the HDMI module. Sent one back and had to purchase a new one due to DJI not recognizing their problem. I now have a new P4 and same problem. I was in contact with DJI support for weeks and they still did not recognize the problem. I tested the P4 with the Nexus 7 Tab with all updates applied and video same scratchy with black lines in it.  I tried my cell Asus cell and two tabs with same video problem.  I then switched the HDMI board and put the original back into the P4 and the video problem was fixed.  DJI has a problem and support has a problem not recognizing this HDMI and software issue.  I am not sure why I am expected to jump thru all the hoops and do DJI support work for them and also pay again for something that is their fault.  Come on DJI, support your customers!

Just to clarify, are you using the first P4 or are you using a P4 Pro? If it's the former, is the firmware up to date on the RC?
2016-12-23
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Mine also same issue, mine is P3A.
Before install hdmi module everything working well on my android device for Asus zenpad 8.0 (Android 6.0.1) and Samsung galaxy S7 edge (Android 6.0.1).
But after installed this hdmi module the display lagging for both android device.
2016-12-24
Use props
fansfa0ca5c2
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-23 19:55
Just to clarify, are you using the first P4 or are you using a P4 Pro? If it's the former, is the firmware up to date on the RC?

Using the P4 and yes everything is updated and I always check.  Your DJI Go 4 software also crashes almost each flight.  I am not sure what your support is doing but it is not doing it right with all the problems I have and have read. Support always suggest the same crap with update and check firmware, could it possibly be your equipment you sell.
2017-5-6
Use props
fansfa0ca5c2
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

fansfa0ca5c2 Posted at 2016-12-23 17:29

There is a fix to DJI problem.  I purchased a Nvidia tab, cheap goggles ($179.00 5 inch) and use them with the HDMI output on the tablet.  These set up works great and video lag at all.  DJI needs to add support people who know their product.
2017-5-6
Use props
Crezzlin
New

Isle of Man

I also have the same problem P4 works OK on stock but short range and bad video with HDMI module in..
2017-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules