Crical Error. Red lights solid.
20168 23 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phredd
New
United States

I have solid red lights. I've updated to the latest firmware on both the drone and controller. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks.
2016-11-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Solid red light normally indicates battery low if I remember, is all charged ?
2016-11-14
Use props
Phredd
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-14 10:05
Solid red light normally indicates battery low if I remember, is all charged ?

Yes. All charged and ready to go.
2016-11-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After powering down and on again,does the aircraft go through the self test ? Then status lights solid red ?

I would try powering down aircraft then back on and do a firmware refresh/factory reset. You may also need to relink RC to aircraft.

Maybe best done through DJI Assistant 2.

2016-11-14
Use props
Phredd
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-14 10:13
After powering down and on again,does the aircraft go through the self test ? Then status lights sol ...

I'll try that. Thanks.
2016-11-14
Use props
Roadstar1700
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1203484 ft
United States

Solid red on the back where you can't spin the motors up?
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Phredd, could you please clarify solid red light on RC or aircraft?
Can you link RC with aircraft?
Is there any error message in DJI GO app?
2016-11-15
Use props
Phredd
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-15 04:03
Hi Phredd, could you please clarify solid red light on RC or aircraft?
Can you link RC with aircraft ...

Solid red lights are on the drone(aircraft). RC connects to drone and motors spin up. No alerts on app. All seems normal.
2016-11-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Phredd Posted at 2016-11-15 21:21
Solid red lights are on the drone(aircraft). RC connects to drone and motors spin up. No alerts on ...

Could you please take a photo or make a short video of the aircraft lights?
And please post a screenshot of the aircraft status from DJI GO app.
2016-11-15
Use props
Crisd10s
New

United States

Could someone please tell me how to fix this problem, please? I just got a dji spark and after I charged it completely, it started doing the solid red lights. Idk what to do now
2017-9-22
Use props
djiuser_DGgLT36
lvl.1
Australia

Did this get resolved.
2017-12-23
Use props
djiuser_DGgLT36
lvl.1
Australia

Did this get resolved.  As mine I see doing exactly the same thing and I am about to throw it.  Hasn't even flown yet
2017-12-23
Use props
Crossdog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8264 ft
United States

Solid red lights on the drone after startup and self test, app connects, can see video but no battery info for drone in the app, can't fly.  Tried bot android device and ipad.
2017-12-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Crossdog Posted at 2017-12-26 12:15
Solid red lights on the drone after startup and self test, app connects, can see video but no battery info for drone in the app, can't fly.  Tried bot android device and ipad.

The front LEDs on the P4 will be red, this is their normal status. The rear LEDs are the aircraft status indicators and will normally settle down to flashing green (or yellow if RC is off).

If using iOS device make sure your using DJI Go 4 V4.1.20, there were some bugs in V4.1.18 where some items weren't being displayed correctly.
2017-12-26
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124656 ft
United States

You might also check to make sure that your "Precise Fly Safe Database" is updated.  If it isn't that can cause solid red status lights on the rear of the AC.  When this happened to me, there was also a message in the Go 4 app that said "can't take off" or words to that effect.  As soon as I updated the database, both the message and red lights went away and I was immediately able to fly again.
2017-12-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

boykintom Posted at 2017-12-27 03:35
You might also check to make sure that your "Precise Fly Safe Database" is updated.  If it isn't that can cause solid red status lights on the rear of the AC.  When this happened to me, there was also a message in the Go 4 app that said "can't take off" or words to that effect.  As soon as I updated the database, both the message and red lights went away and I was immediately able to fly again.

That's a good shout, I wasn't aware of that, I'd done the database updates indoors as soon as the notifications popped up.
2017-12-27
Use props
Chrismacr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 677385 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi guys i have a dji a3 unit, worked well the first few times we flew it i switched it off took it home and switched it back on and now i have a solid red light on the l.e.d and a flashing red light on the a3 unit, the assistant app says barometer- disconnect now i think this is inside the a3 unit itself ,things i have tried update firware,reset controller,imu calibratiin normal and advanced aswell as a compass calibration
Have i missed anything?  
20180603_144416.jpg
2018-6-4
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Chrismacr Posted at 2018-6-4 01:33
Hi guys i have a dji a3 unit, worked well the first few times we flew it i switched it off took it home and switched it back on and now i have a solid red light on the l.e.d and a flashing red light on the a3 unit, the assistant app says barometer- disconnect now i think this is inside the a3 unit itself ,things i have tried update firware,reset controller,imu calibratiin normal and advanced aswell as a compass calibration
Have i missed anything?

"Have i missed anything?"
Beside posting in a very old thread placed in the Phantom section where only a few might know about a DJI a3 unit and at the same time reading this, i can't tell but perhaps posting in a section for a a3 unit (if any) would be better.
2018-6-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

We can only guess ...

On our Phantoms, flashing red in the rear is a battery issue...

OTOH, solid red in the rear is a critical error... could be anything

If it was barometer, I would think an IMU calibration would be in order... but you did that

I have to wonder if your A3 (flight controller) is bad

Good luck

2018-6-4
Use props
Chrismacr
lvl.1
  • >>>
South Africa

Thanks guys just wanted to make sure before i send it back that its not something silly ive missed like a firmware issue or anything we are sending it back the barometer is definatly the problem .
2018-6-5
Use props
Chrismacr
lvl.1
  • >>>
South Africa

Add says this .
20180603_133116.jpg
2018-6-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Guess it could be worth the effort to check that all connectors on the boards are pressed correctly on the sockets before sending it away then.
2018-6-5
Use props
Red Oak
lvl.2

United States

I don’t have an answer, but I don’t think I would send it back yet... oteher people have reported similar issues. MyP4, with latest firmware, will go solid red in the rear status lights at 10 meters high.  If I bring it back down, they go off.   If I go back above 10 m they come back on.  If I switch it to sport  mode, they go off and don’t come back on.   Zero issues with the flying, just the lights .  I went back to the former firmware, and The issue went away but the drone was less stable .  I upgraded to the new firmware and I’m back to the same issues. Again, no issues whatsoever with the flying, just the lights. .
2018-7-3
Use props
JasonATX
lvl.1
United States

Red Oak Posted at 2018-7-3 07:08
I don’t have an answer, but I don’t think I would send it back yet... oteher people have reported similar issues. MyP4, with latest firmware, will go solid red in the rear status lights at 10 meters high.  If I bring it back down, they go off.   If I go back above 10 m they come back on.  If I switch it to sport  mode, they go off and don’t come back on.   Zero issues with the flying, just the lights .  I went back to the former firmware, and The issue went away but the drone was less stable .  I upgraded to the new firmware and I’m back to the same issues. Again, no issues whatsoever with the flying, just the lights. .

Hey Red Oak!  I've been having the same issue with my Inspire 1 v2 Raw....  I get to around 50m up and the red light comes on... I can drop down a few meters and the light goes back to green... I can fly it over a mile away with no problems, so signal is good... just not sure why red light comes on once I get up high to a certain point?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

thanks!
Jason
2019-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules