Lost bird after switch to IOC Home Lock
1025 4 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex998r
lvl.1

Italy

Hello, this evening I was trying the IOC Home lock mode.
I tried a couple of time, after switch to HL, yellow and green led flashed and, pulling backward the elevator, the drone went back over my head.
I then tried another time, the bird was at 100m, rssi of radio was good, I then switched to Home lock mode, the yellow led flashed only once, then returned to flashing green, strange!!!
The drone was hovering and not responded to any radio commands.
I have another switch for failsafe, I pulled down it and correctly the drone went back over my head, but, lets try the radio.
Put the failsafe switch back to off and the drone fly away, it seems the radio was off, it never react to any command!!!
I switched the failsafe again and fortunately it come back to home and land.
After landed I tried to start the motors, nothing!!! Tried again, nothing!!!
Connected the pc and started NM, the channel monitors worked ok, all channels are correctly displayed and moving if I move the gimbals, but the motors wont start!!
Checked all the thing in NM and found that the IOC flag, in the IOC page, was OFF, impossible, has functioned two times and I am sure it was checked, it was disabled, I think, the third time I switched to Home Lock, I think it is a software problem.
After I put the flag in the IOC page, the motors started!!!
Sorry for my English but this evening I was worried about this behaviour, I tought I lost my drone.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Alessandro
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

After you enabled it again, have you checked so see if it still says enabled.
What is your setup, (aircraft, flight controller, radio) ?
2016-11-14
Use props
alex998r
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-14 21:41
After you enabled it again, have you checked so see if it still says enabled.
What is your setup, (a ...

Hi Ken, yes, I checked it and was enabled, but, after this problem, I remember that, playing with the drone on to my table, I found the flag, at least a couple of times, deselected even if I was sure it was on; but, remember, it failed the third time I enabled Homelock, the first two worked ok, so the problem arised "in air".
I am a professional softyware engineer so I know what mean "software problem determination" so you can count on me to debug this issue.
Now I will focus on IOC on flag and will do some other checks.
My configuration is:
wheel F550 with standard motors and esc ( 920kv/e300)
Naza M V2 + GPS + PMU V2
IOSD MARK II
Bluetooth link
200mW 5.8Ghz video tx
4S LiPo 8000mA
Radio FrSky Taranis X9E 2.4 Ghz, with telemetry enabled ( X6R receiver ) connected in D-BUS mode; I have a LiPo sensor on board that sends me the total voltage along with the voltage value for the single cell and warns if a single cell goes below 3.6 volt or the total goes below 14,6.  I set in NM the first warning voltage to 14,6Volt and the second to 13,9
Thanks for your help
Regards
Alessandro
2016-11-14
Use props
alex998r
lvl.1

Italy

hello DJI, have you some suggestions? Help? News?
I don't want this will happen again, I am seriously worried
Thanks
2016-11-17
Use props
alex998r
lvl.1

Italy

Leave customer without reply is fantastic!!! Great service DJi
2016-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now