Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Go Update: Manual Focus
2760 5 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enkeixpress
Second Officer
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

There's a new software update for the DJI Go android app, and it adds an manual focus feature for the Mavic Pro. I'm not too sure what it's supposed to do but maybe it brings a great change to the way focusing works.

A button to switch between portrait and landscape view has also been added.

Anyone with a Mavic Pro checked it out yet? Report back on if it's something of good news.
2016-11-14
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88619 ft
Singapore

I Posted a question about this earlier, because the iPhone app already had this!
But you are right, the android app update brings it from 3.0.1 to 3.1.0 .

Manual Focus button is included in the general settings menu now.
When you enable it, you get a little slider next to the tilt display for the gimbal. Sliding it up and down sets the focus from Macro -> Infinity.
You must click the AF/MF button though.

Sorry I'd post screenshots, but i dont have my mavic with me now
2016-11-14
Use props
Enkeixpress
Second Officer
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-11-15 01:07
I Posted a question about this earlier, because the iPhone app already had this!
But you are right,  ...

Oh, so the new setting makes the camera act the same as the Phantom 4's one. Finally. At least now we won't have to tap the screen in order for it to focus before flight every time.
2016-11-14
Use props
Logger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Oh good will probably use that new focus arrangement.

One thing I noticed after installing this latest Android update is that is kills my Samsung S7 Edgess battery if left running.  With DJIGO in the background on its home screen, seemingly doing nothing, Android reports it was responsible for 70% of battery use and it flattened my phone in about 6 hours. Using far more power than the screen.  Will keep an eye on it but in the short term will ensure I fully quit DJIGO when not using the Mavic from now on.  Anyone else seeing abnormal battery drain with the DJIgo app in the background?
2016-11-14
Use props
Peter Galbavy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-15 05:51
Oh, so the new setting makes the camera act the same as the Phantom 4's one. Finally. At least now  ...

Not quite as the P4 has a fixed focus lens.
2016-11-14
Use props
SquidVI
New
United States

I hate it. I still can’t figure out how to get it back to tap to focus when in manual. I’ve only flown once since the update so I’m sure I’ll get it but on even a large 8+ iPhone I don’t see how you’d be able to get it tac sharp with the manual focus. In daylight without a phone good, forget it. Much prefer tap to focus but I do use my mavic for stills more than video.

Crap - I just realized this was an OLD thread. Haha. My bad.
2019-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules