Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why does Mavic cost so much more in Europe?
1385 2 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ueuezaza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 457976 ft
Italy

I have been asking myself the whole time why the Mavic is so much more expensive in Europe than in the USA.

In the US the Mavic costs 999$ (930€)
whereas in Europe it costs 1199€ (1289$)

I do understand that it costs more in Europe, but 1:1 ration would have been fair enough
2016-11-14
Use props
Woobisah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43402 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably due to the EU charging more for imports.  Same could happen for U.S. with Trump wanting to charge for imports from China, but mainly US companies outsourcing their products to be shipped back to the U.S.
2016-11-14
Use props
XoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

Don't forget, in EU we pay VAT which in most EU countries is ~ 20% or even more....US have a tax (sale tax I think it's called) ranging between 7%-13% if I remember correctly and it's based on the state you live in.
so the VAT it's on top of import duties and taxes....
what I did, as my country is not using EUR as local currency, was to place the order for Mavic Pro FMC on Amazon UK (before price rising) and it's cheaper than on Amazon DE or IT by ~ 100 EUR (based on my local currency conversion rate).
Now, after price rising, it's better to place the order in EUR as the price in EUR was not risen as it was on GBP (at least for me).
2016-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules