Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Overview
Remote Controller Firmware Version:      v1.7.60
What's New:
Optimized the HDMI output format for video recording when using the Zenmuse Z3.

Notes:
The firmware should be used with Zenmuse Z3 firmware v01.09.01.40.

2016-11-14
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

I don't have the Z3 camera, but I updated my RC anyways.
2016-11-14
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2016-11-15 00:54
I don't have the Z3 camera, but I updated my RC anyways.

There is always more to these updates than they say .  Trust Me ......I Have seen what was supposed to just effect one system effect many .  So fool me once shame on you , fool me twice , shame on me .

Not saying they mean any malice , just saying the updates effect more than is simply stated in the release notes.

donnie

2016-11-15
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-15 09:44
There is always more to these updates than they say .  Trust Me ......I Have seen what was supposed ...

I'll test the update this weekend. See if range was effected. Hopefully not...
2016-11-15
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Cabralkev Posted at 2016-11-15 11:45
I'll test the update this weekend. See if range was effected. Hopefully not...

Cool, let me know  ....and thanks

donnie
2016-11-15
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I have Zenmuse X5, Go App says Firmware Upgrade Required! Should I do it?
2016-11-17
Use props
aledaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2016-11-18 08:45
I have Zenmuse X5, Go App says Firmware Upgrade Required! Should I do it?

I updated and I lost signal to remote twice on 3 flights since firmware update. Before that i hade 100 + flights and never lost video signal? I would not update!

kind regards // Alex
2016-11-18
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

aledaw Posted at 2016-11-18 08:57
I updated and I lost signal to remote twice on 3 flights since firmware update. Before that i hade ...

Just on this latest  update for the RC Alex ? 1.7.60 ?

donnie
2016-11-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Thor for the update

I am not sure that I will update my Remote as I am running the AC on 1.81 and remote 1.6

I know they have fixed many things but I do not want to mess up my Inspire 1 right now.

Rich
2016-11-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-15 06:44
There is always more to these updates than they say .  Trust Me ......I Have seen what was supposed ...

I wish they would confirm this fixed the HD video streaming issues. Otherwise I am not updating right now.

Rich
2016-11-18
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-18 13:32
I wish they would confirm this fixed the HD video streaming issues. Otherwise I am not updating ri ...

Personally , I am staying at 1.6 RC and 1.8 for the AC.  The latest go app works fine, I do have a backup of earlier versions  on my PC just in case .

donnie
2016-11-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-18 11:35
Personally , I am staying at 1.6 RC and 1.8 for the AC.  The latest go app works fine, I do have a  ...

Hi Donnie,

Yah, this is what I was my thinking too. I really want to be on the latest FW but do not want to take a chance. I have been doing fine with the video HD in manual mode.... it just works great right now.
If DJI could tell us all of the little fixes they did other than the broad stroke comment, I would be more incline to try it.
Rich
2016-11-18
Use props
aledaw
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-18 18:02
Just on this latest  update for the RC Alex ? 1.7.60 ?

donnie

App 3.1.0
Aircraft 1.9.1.30+
Remote Controller 1.7.60
2016-11-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

aledaw Posted at 2016-11-19 02:45
App 3.1.0
Aircraft 1.9.1.30+
Remote Controller 1.7.60

You may want to rollback to 1.6 RC and 1.8 AC and the Go app is fine .  No problems here.

donnie
2016-11-19
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-19 12:00
You may want to rollback to 1.6 RC and 1.8 AC and the Go app is fine .  No problems here.

donnie  ...

Yes flew 3 flights today and on 1 out of 3 flights I totally lost video signal only 400 meters away but slightly behind a hill so that is maybe normal?
2016-11-19
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Alex Dawson Posted at 2016-11-19 11:23
Yes flew 3 flights today and on 1 out of 3 flights I totally lost video signal only 400 meters awa ...

Maybe, but I rolled back because of just this problem.  Rollback , it is easy to do .

donnie
2016-11-19
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-19 21:45
Maybe, but I rolled back because of just this problem.  Rollback , it is easy to do .

donnie

I don't have the old firmwares.

I noticed the flights doesn't sync to the cloud anymore either
2016-11-20
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Alex Dawson Posted at 2016-11-20 11:27
I don't have the old firmwares.

I noticed the flights doesn't sync to the cloud anymore either

If you are at 1.9 the old 1.8 FW is still posted at DJI.com downloads page .  The rollback for the RC is available through the Go App.

Just load 1.8 to the AC like a normal download, but instead of going forward you will just go back to 1.8. Then on the RC just follow this video tutorial  , it is simple.
donnie

2016-11-20
Use props
fans8c163c55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-18 11:35
Personally , I am staying at 1.6 RC and 1.8 for the AC.  The latest go app works fine, I do have a backup of earlier versions  on my PC just in case .

donnie

Hey Donnie...I tried to roll back to 1.6 on the Rc, but once I did it, it wouldn't connect to my bird running on the 1.8...what could have been the problem....
2017-1-26
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

fans8c163c55 Posted at 2017-1-26 04:51
Hey Donnie...I tried to roll back to 1.6 on the Rc, but once I did it, it wouldn't connect to my bird running on the 1.8...what could have been the problem....

You may just simply need to re link the RC to the AC.  do you know how ?
***After you do an update to the AC and Or RC you may loose connection between the RC transmitter and the aircraft .  Once you confirm that you have the proper updates on the AC and RC  go to the "Remote Contol Settings"tab on the go app,  go to the bottom and in blue highlight it will say "Linking  Remote Controler".  Before you press that , make sure you can find the Red Link button on ther aircraft , it is inside the Main fuselage behind the right top silver nose cone screw , may need a flashlight  to see it.  Once you find it have the AC and RC on and press link button on Go app  , you will then have 60  seconds to press the red button on the aircraft, press and hold that button in firmly for about 5 seconds, let go .  You should then have a success box on the go app.   
1.8 on the AC and 1.6 on the RC is my current setup , so I know you are compatible, I am almost 100% sure the Re-link will solve the issue .

donnie
2017-1-26
Use props
fans8c163c55
lvl.3
South Africa

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-26 05:08
You may just simply need to re link the RC to the AC.  do you know how ?
***After you do an update to the AC and Or RC you may loose connection between the RC transmitter and the aircraft .  Once you confirm that you have the proper updates on the AC and RC  go to the "Remote Contol Settings"tab on the go app,  go to the bottom and in blue highlight it will say "Linking  Remote Controler".  Before you press that , make sure you can find the Red Link button on ther aircraft , it is inside the Main fuselage behind the right top silver nose cone screw , may need a flashlight  to see it.  Once you find it have the AC and RC on and press link button on Go app  , you will then have 60  seconds to press the red button on the aircraft, press and hold that button in firmly for about 5 seconds, let go .  You should then have a success box on the go app.   
1.8 on the AC and 1.6 on the RC is my current setup , so I know you are compatible, I am almost 100% sure the Re-link will solve the issue .

Thanks Donnie...i'll give it a go and let you know how it turns out.
2017-1-27
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

fans8c163c55 Posted at 2017-1-27 02:13
Thanks Donnie...i'll give it a go and let you know how it turns out.

Yes , please be sure to let me know !

donnie
2017-1-27
Use props
fans8c163c55
lvl.3
South Africa

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-27 05:43
Yes , please be sure to let me know !

donnie

Hi Donnie

Ok managed to downgrade the RC to 1.6 and my bird is still at 1.8...both linked together nicely. But now when I put my controller on it flashes red and keeps beeping, even tough both are connected and linked successfully. What could this problem now be. Thanks lad.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans8c163c55
lvl.3
South Africa

fans8c163c55 Posted at 2017-1-28 00:44
Hi Donnie

Ok managed to downgrade the RC to 1.6 and my bird is still at 1.8...both linked together nicely. But now when I put my controller on it flashes red and keeps beeping, even tough both are connected and linked successfully. What could this problem now be. Thanks lad.

Hi Donnie....all sorted...did a RC Calibration and all seems to be ok...going for a flight later this evening, so will let you know how it turns out...thanks again for all your help.
2017-1-28
Use props
fans8c163c55
lvl.3
South Africa

fans8c163c55 Posted at 2017-1-28 01:00
Hi Donnie....all sorted...did a RC Calibration and all seems to be ok...going for a flight later this evening, so will let you know how it turns out...thanks again for all your help.

Hi Donnie..just a quick one....maybe off the subject..i have noticed that when I power on the RC and then the AC, the AC peeps afew times while connecting....then when I try to power on the bird I get a ESC message to restart the AC..once I do that the AC doesn't do the beeping sound and then starts up as normal...why would this message pop and have to restart the AC....thanks again lad.
2017-1-28
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

fans8c163c55 Posted at 2017-1-28 02:46
Hi Donnie..just a quick one....maybe off the subject..i have noticed that when I power on the RC and then the AC, the AC peeps afew times while connecting....then when I try to power on the bird I get a ESC message to restart the AC..once I do that the AC doesn't do the beeping sound and then starts up as normal...why would this message pop and have to restart the AC....thanks again lad.

Ok , I would do an IMU calibration and immediately follow with  a Camera gimbal calibration.  also for Powering on and off ALWAYS DO IT IN THIS ORDER
***The beeping is normal on the aircraft, BUT the ESC error on GO App  is not The calibration should remedy that.  

Power On Order:
1-  RC Transmitter

2- Aircraft

3- Go App. ( you can have the Go app device on but don't open app till last .

Power Off Order :

1- Aircraft

2-RC Transmitter

3- Go app and device

See if this helps

donnie
2017-1-28
Use props
SteveSA
lvl.3
South Africa

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-28 06:10
Ok , I would do an IMU calibration and immediately follow with  a Camera gimbal calibration.  also for Powering on and off ALWAYS DO IT IN THIS ORDER
***The beeping is normal on the aircraft, BUT the ESC error on GO App  is not The calibration should remedy that.  

Morning Donnie

Took my bird out to do a shoot and she preformed wonderfully. The only thing I found was at about 400m away 80m in the air I  started to get week transmission signal....the area I was flying in was open vine yards....so there was no tree or power lines that could interfere...I was even using a range extender on my remote (2 x half moons that slide onto the 2 antennas). Surely the signal from the RC to the AC should atleast cover 1km as I also use the Glyph Goggles. Thank you once again for all your help and hope you don't  mind if I keep intouch...your about the only guy that has made any sense on what to do and appreciate going the extra mile to help.
2017-1-29
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

SteveSA Posted at 2017-1-29 00:09
Morning Donnie

Took my bird out to do a shoot and she preformed wonderfully. The only thing I found was at about 400m away 80m in the air I  started to get week transmission signal....the area I was flying in was open vine yards....so there was no tree or power lines that could interfere...I was even using a range extender on my remote (2 x half moons that slide onto the 2 antennas). Surely the signal from the RC to the AC should atleast cover 1km as I also use the Glyph Goggles. Thank you once again for all your help and hope you don't  mind if I keep intouch...your about the only guy that has made any sense on what to do and appreciate going the extra mile to help.

ok, you should get much further than that , you do have the reflective surface of the parabolic reflectors facing the aircraft correct ?  I get close to 3 miles on mine, but it MUST  be line of sight , can't get behind any obstacles, perhaps raise the altitude  a bit and see if that helps .

donnie
2017-1-29
Use props
SteveSA
lvl.3
South Africa

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-29 03:35
ok, you should get much further than that , you do have the reflective surface of the parabolic reflectors facing the aircraft correct ?  I get close to 3 miles on mine, but it MUST  be line of sight , can't get behind any obstacles, perhaps raise the altitude  a bit and see if that helps .

donnie

Hey Donnie
Hope all's well bud. Feedback on a few things......I adjusted the distance to 1000m and have had no weak transmission issues anymore. I went back to 1.6 on the RC and 1.8 on my bird and everything works like a charm. Bird is flying with no issues. I still do however have that beeping when setting up and then having to restart, tried what you said, stayed the same....but once I restart everything seems fine.......not sure what that is all about....I did have one issue yesterday after flying afew days ago....when I started the motors, you get that quick 2 revs and then the motors idle...but in this case the motors went into a high rev and stayed like that until I took off....wasn't normal....but I had to fly anyway, so took the chance and all was fine....landed and swopped the batteries and stated again...same thing...is that something to be worried about.....Once again thank you for all your help...
2017-2-15
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

SteveSA Posted at 2017-2-15 22:54
Hey Donnie
Hope all's well bud. Feedback on a few things......I adjusted the distance to 1000m and have had no weak transmission issues anymore. I went back to 1.6 on the RC and 1.8 on my bird and everything works like a charm. Bird is flying with no issues. I still do however have that beeping when setting up and then having to restart, tried what you said, stayed the same....but once I restart everything seems fine.......not sure what that is all about....I did have one issue yesterday after flying afew days ago....when I started the motors, you get that quick 2 revs and then the motors idle...but in this case the motors went into a high rev and stayed like that until I took off....wasn't normal....but I had to fly anyway, so took the chance and all was fine....landed and swopped the batteries and stated again...same thing...is that something to be worried about.....Once again thank you for all your help...

You may have an issue creeping up on the motors ESC, that is what the beeping sound is and that may explain the motor rev.  When you go to the system status page do you get any warnings regarding  problems with the speed control ?  or anything for that matter ?

On the latest  go app 3.1.5 (on the apples products )there is a way to turn off the ESC beeping , go to the Main control settings on go app then to Advance settings , and on the very bottom it is there.  I am looking into the reason its there besides the obvious.
Also I am at 1.6 RC and 1.8 AC. NO PROBLEMS HERE ALSO  !!

donnie

2017-2-16
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-18 11:51
Hi Donnie,

Yah, this is what I was my thinking too. I really want to be on the latest FW but do not want to take a chance. I have been doing fine with the video HD in manual mode.... it just works great right now.

Rich do you know the reason for the "Stop ESC beeping "  I find that strange as I would think that may be a hint that the ESC may be failing .  I did not see anything on this and the above member is having some issues .

thanks

donnie
2017-2-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-16 06:12
Rich do you know the reason for the "Stop ESC beeping "  I find that strange as I would think that may be a hint that the ESC may be failing .  I did not see anything on this and the above member is having some issues .

thanks

Hi Donnie
This is a unique problem, based on reading the posts above, I think the issue started after the FW update which rules out hardware failure. I doubt the ESC would be failing slowly and would more likely be related to the FW. It would seem that the hidden file could shed some light on this? Or downgrade the AC FW and update (refresh) it again.

There are so many things that can happen during the update process that can affect our aircraft. We take for granted that the software and hardware are going to play nicely together every time.

If refreshing the FW does not help (of course recalibrations are in order too) then, it might be wise to have DJI evaluate and repair the Inspire as needed.

All the best my friend
Rich
2017-2-16
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i upgraded my remote while a battery was charging for the bird.  remote updated, app updated. put fully charged batt in bird turn it on and cant get it out of travel mode to attach gimbal an update the bird? also the app says "signal lost" at top in red. binded the remote to bird and she wont lift out of travel mode????
2017-2-16
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

i got it figured out.

had to downgrade remote then got it out of travel mode... updating bird now
2017-2-16
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-2-16 14:00
i got it figured out.

had to downgrade remote then got it out of travel mode... updating bird now

Glad you figured it out,

donnie
2017-2-17
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-17 03:17
Glad you figured it out,

donnie

yea I was unaware that with the inspire 1 you need to update bird first than the remote after. I'm used to my P3P where it don't matter the order in which you update. Hence me doing the remote first on my inspire. lesson learned and found a thread on here that stated the correct update order and how to downgrade the remote...

also after all was updated, re binded the remote to bird then went out to fly and the camera had no image on my app, did multiple resets and nothing. finally tried with bird on removed my SD card and bam had image, put it back in and says SD card error. even though it worked prior to the update. I don't know was odd since i used another SD to update. but everything works as it should now
2017-2-17
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-2-17 05:55
yea I was unaware that with the inspire 1 you need to update bird first than the remote after. I'm used to my P3P where it don't matter the order in which you update. Hence me doing the remote first on my inspire. lesson learned and found a thread on here that stated the correct update order and how to downgrade the remote...

also after all was updated, re binded the remote to bird then went out to fly and the camera had no image on my app, did multiple resets and nothing. finally tried with bird on removed my SD card and bam had image, put it back in and says SD card error. even though it worked prior to the update. I don't know was odd since i used another SD to update. but everything works as it should now

Many members have had this happen to them , have been involve in at least 25 cases.

here is a tips page I wrote that might help in the future

donnie
http://forum.dji.com/thread-72851-1-1.html
2017-2-17
Use props
SteveSA
lvl.3
South Africa

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-17 05:58
Many members have had this happen to them , have been involve in at least 25 cases.

here is a tips page I wrote that might help in the future

Hey Donnie

Hope all's well bud. I'm hoping you can help me out on this thread..had 2 crashes in a week.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid716602
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules