Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[SOLVE] Missing "Turn on arm's LED light" in NEW DJI GO APP v3....
2250 8 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Martin Leong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2996562 ft
Australia

App: v3.1.0
Phantom 3 pro Firmware: v1.9.60
Remote Controller: v1.6.0  (Tested also in v1.8.0, same issue)
Mobile Devices: Samsung Galaxy TAB S2 8.0" 32GB (w/ DJI GO APP v3.1.0)
                       Samsung Galaxy TAB S2 9.7" 32GB (w/ DJI GO APP v2.9.1)
                       Samsung Galaxy S6 EDGE+ 32GB (w/ DJI GO APP v3.1.0)

After insatlling the New v3.1.0 GO APP in both my Samsang Galaxy TAB S2 (8.0" and 9.7") Tablets and S6 EDGE+ moblie phone. Looking through all the APP functions displaying on the screen and checking all my previous setting are in places and with the Phantom 3 Pro power up. I noticed one cannot find the "Turn on arm's LED light" anywhere in the NEW GO APP v3.1.0 (Tested on all 3 Mobile Devices with same result). Which normally can access through MC Setting ---> Advanced Setting ---> Others ---> Locate below "Smart Return Home" and it's not there anymore or may have accidentally left out on the final Release. It's not a big deal for me,'cos am not doing night time shooting much. but it will affect those's do. Hadn't be able to test flight the new GO APP v3.1.0 this afternoon. May try sometime tomorrow. Will update this post if encounting new issues.

Just to be on the safe side, have had one of my Samsang Galaxy TAB S2 9.7" Tablet (roll back to GO APP v2.9.1 to cater my Phantom 3 pro). Because i'd also own the MAVIC Pro, had the other 2 mobile devices with v3.1.0 install.

hope this will help for those whom's DOES night shooting and no too sure to update their to v3.1.0. cheers!.. Flight safe and had fun

*** Solution Fix ***

Go into the REMOTE CONTROLLER settings, you can program either the C1 or C2 buttons to turn front LEDS on or off...Just make sure RC AND Phantom are powered up otherwise you will not see all the options for C1 and C2 buttons.      [CREDIT to DINGO DOWN UNDA]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[UPDATE] 17.11.2016
Issues encounter with v3.1.0 DJI GO APP

Flight Equipment:
DJI GO APP: v3.1.0
Phantom 3 Pro Firmware: v1.9.60
Remote Controller Firmware: v1.6.0
Mobli Devices: Samsung Galaxy TAB S2 8.0" 32GB (w/ DJI GO APP v3.1.0)
                     Samsung Galaxy TAB S2 9.7" 32GB (w/ DJI GO APP v3.1.0)
                     Samsung Galaxy S6 EDGE+ 32GB (w/ DJI GO APP v3.1.0)

- Satellite Maps look less define (Soft Image)
- Map images in hybird sometimes may or maynot working probably
- Standard Map lack of attention to details
- When Tapped on screen to "Me" account of "Connect your DJI devices" page, it's not always work to Log-In DJI account. But the "Flight icon" at the top left hand corner are working fine and that's what i am using to Log-In my DJI account instead.  
- Other's feature Multi-Functions Display setting (such as the "Menu Icon" at upper right hand corner, Camera Setting Menu, Map display) when tapped on screen are not always called up. Had to resolve by using "Main Control Setting icon","Remote Controller Setting icon","HD Setting icon"..etc; along the top Bar of the GO APP in order to grant access to the setting.

it's took me a good few restarts (The Remote Control,Phantom 3,Tablet Device) and got everythings in working condition, that's mean accessing to all the feature Multi-Functions Display setting...etc; it's a hit and miss situations. When everythings working... i took it up and flight for 30mins ... the handling and fly seems to be normal as far as i can tell. Mind you, make sure all the setting features are in proper working order to do so. I will be weary taking it to the air if you can't access all the features setting in the GO APP. I'll be doing a bit more flight testing this afternoon.

regards

***Solution Fix***

Do a "CLEAN INSTALL" of v3.1.0 DJI GO APP. That's mean "UNINSTALL" whatever version of DJI GO APP had in the mobile devices "FIRST" and restart your devices. Once you power up, go to Play Store and search for DJI GO APP than hit the install button. This should solve the accessing to all the feature Multi-Functions Display setting problems. But the map softy images still remain unsolve (didn't bother me much, as long as i'm able to fly and see where i'm going). Please take notice of the Flight Equipmentc and Firmware version listed above i use for this testing.

2016-11-15
Use props
Taydav
First Officer
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

Main controller settings, the advanced
2016-11-15
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you say can't see it on the Android version (I have P4).

There is still the option "Front LEDs Auto Turn off" in camera settings though, which turns off LEDs when photo or video being taken.

EDIT:- It is still available on IOS version 3.1.0
2016-11-15
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Yep...me too. Didnt notice it until I read your post. I installed the new Go app on my Tab A (spare tablet) and have just fired RC and Phantom up and checked...no "TURN ON ARM LED LIGHTS" I have the 3.01 on my main tablet S2 9.7" and its there under Smart Return Home only when the RC and Phantom are powered up !!
2016-11-15
Use props
Martin Leong
lvl.1
Australia

@ Aardvark

Hey Aardvark,
Thanks for the heads up about the "Front LEDs Auto Turn off" in camera settings in the GO APP. but phantom 3 pro does not had that options in the carmera settings section. Access only through MC Setting ---> Advanced Setting ---> Others ---> Locate just below "Smart Return Home". The "Front LEDs Auto Turn off" in camera settings new feature only apply for new products such as the phantom 4, MAVIC and most likely in the new Phantom 4 pro and Inspire 2 also...etc.

I had double check in my camera settings a few times. i'm safe to say's it isn't there either.

Thanks m8!
2016-11-15
Use props
Martin Leong
lvl.1
Australia

@DINGO DOWN UNDA

for the confirmation.
2016-11-15
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Just been muckin around and found if you go into the REMOTE CONTROLLER settings you can program either the C1 or C2 buttons to turn front LEDS on or off...Just make sure RC AND Phantom are powered up otherwise you will not see all the options for C1 and C2 buttons.
                                                                                                                                            Cheers.....
2016-11-16
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2016-11-17 00:52
Just been muckin around and found if you go into the REMOTE CONTROLLER settings you can program eith ...

Thanks for the update, that deserves a prize off the top shelf
2016-11-16
Use props
Martin Leong
lvl.1
Australia

@DINGO DOWN UNDA

Well done m8 ... i'll give it a shot b4 my next flight.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules