Carry on bag for standard
1022 9 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Taydav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

Can anyone recommend a good carry on bag for my standard. Definitely needs to meet the airline carry on size requirements
2016-11-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Pretty certain, the DJI hardshell backpack is appropriately sized for the overhead compartments of most major airlines.
You would need to contact the actual airlines and ask about your particular plane. All planes are not equal. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-15
Use props
Alister FiEND
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

the manfrotto drone bag works well D1 something
2016-11-15
Use props
Philly Phantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249590 ft
United States

I bought this one for a trip to the Cayman Islands.  Very comfortable and room for extra's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016-11-15
Use props
Jtahan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

Ive traveled with the hardshell before and i had zero issues with it. Fits right in the overhead compartments better than half of the other passengers carry-ons.
2016-11-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

I would be more worried about airlines seeing the LiPo battery or two in the bag than the bags size !! I know airlines that would not let you carry such size of LiPo's ......

Nigel
2016-11-18
Use props
Jtahan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2016-11-18 07:17
I would be more worried about airlines seeing the LiPo battery or two in the bag than the bags size  ...

the batteries aren't usually a problem. Ive flown on Delta and United internationally and nobody batted an eye about the batteries. Security literally asked me why i was showing them the inside of my case. There's no issue about taking the drone on the plane (in the hard shell). They fit overhead and are usually smaller than most other carry on items. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE BATTERIES AS A CARRY ON. NEVER place the batteries in your checked luggage..bad fire hazard
2016-11-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE BATTERIES AS A CARRY ON. NEVER place the batteries in your checked luggage..bad fire hazard

Consider that most aircraft now have same conditions in the baggage area as the main cabin - I find this a strange comment. The old days of unpressurised / unheated baggage are long gone.

Second what will you do if your LiPo does decide to go meet its maker ? Throw it out the window ??

Lastly - its probably better in the baggage area - the detectors will warn the flight deck ... but if in the cabin - all hell would break out and panic of passengers as your LiPo does its death dance !!

OK - seriously .............. the size of LiPo we have is very close to the maximum size allowed by airlines and as I say - I know airlines that would refuse you boarding if they found such LiPo.
I just felt it wise to warn people that LiPo's are a very sensitive subject for airlines .... particularly after the fiasco of the Boeing 777's and the Dreamliner having their new design LiPo battery packs failing.

Nigel
2016-11-18
Use props
Alister FiEND
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

i have flown A LOT with my p3p and 3 batteries, never an issue (always carry on).  very first time exiting canada the guy did a drug swab on the the phantom and batteries but that is it in quite a few flights
2016-11-18
Use props
P3FlyerSD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236742 ft
United States

Alister FiEND Posted at 2016-11-18 21:28
i have flown A LOT with my p3p and 3 batteries, never an issue (always carry on).  very first time e ...

I just returned from Maui and brought my P3S as a carry on.  I have my DJI hard shell backpack and per Dept of Transportation, batteries are not allowed as checked in but must be carry on.   No questions going through TSA and I didn't even open it.  I just walked right on the plane and placed it in the overhead bin.  
2016-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules