DJI GO App - Cool new feature (wish it would be)
1318 6 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mzfly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467474 ft
Germany

I know the karma was recalled, but one cool feature is still in my mind: The possibility to share the video feed from the controller via Wi-Fi with other mobile devices like a tablet with a bigger screen.

Since the Mavic Controller is designed to work with a Smartphone (smaller display) it is not so easy to share the joy of flying in real-time with friends (or even with customers) nearby.

It would be a great feature of the DJI GO app, if it would be possible to connect to other smartphones or tablets (perhaps via hotspot) to share the live video with them.  

In principal it should be possible, because the Litchi App already has that feature.

@ DJI- Ken, do you think it is possible to discuss this feature with the SW Engineers at DJI?

2016-11-15
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

You can also use an iPad mini on the control. The mini has an 8" screen
2016-11-15
Use props
mzfly
lvl.2
Germany

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-15 14:11
You can also use an iPad mini on the control. The mini has an 8" screen

Thanks for the info, I have allready seen videos how to connect the ipad mini to the controller.
I feel quit comfortable using my smartphone with the controller, it is small and very good balanced.

What I want is the possibility to share my view of flying with my friends (and customers) without having them looking over my shoulder all the time.
2016-11-15
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

mzfly Posted at 2016-11-15 05:32
Thanks for the info, I have allready seen videos how to connect the ipad mini to the controller.
I ...

People have had success mirroring with AirPlay...
2016-11-15
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Your post title should really be, "DJI GO Wish List", not "New Feature", as it implies you found some cool new feature with yesterdays release, where you are just wanting something that does not actually exist.

That said... You can do screen mirroring with iPhone or Android. Also, DJI will be releasing their VR headset soon. You can also use an nVidia Shield tablet with the controller, which has an HDMI out, and there will probably be some additional 3rd party alternatives soon. I would start with screen mirroring, and go from there. With Android, you simply mirror to a DLNA enabled display, like a smart tv or chromecast, or, if you want to mirror to another android device, you can use a free dlna client, like bubble upnp. The only down side to this is that they will also see your metrics, just as you do on your primary device.
2016-11-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the iPad Air 2 with my mavic, I made my own mount for it and it works great.
2016-11-15
Use props
mzfly
lvl.2
Germany

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-15 15:08
Your post title should really be, "DJI GO Wish List", not "New Feature", as it implies you found som ...

I’m on the apple side with my devices at the moment. So if possible I’m looking for a solution with my iPhone.
As far as I know, the only way for screen mirroring is to use an Apple TV Box with I don’t have in the field when I’m flying.
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules