Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go app questions
3940 4 2016-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAP.UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3016014 ft
United States

I am just trying to figure out what some of the options in the app do.  
First, the "Coach Mode".  What is that for/do?  I am a single operator.  Just 1 RC.

2. In the sensitivty setting; what is "Yaw End Point" for/do?  Trying to make sense of that one.
3. "Smart RTH" ?  How is this different from the other RTH settings?
And lastly, "Long Press Action" with choices of Gimble or Focus control. Long Press which button? And then how to control each other than the usual way?

One other issue I am trying to resolve.  Is there a product out there in which you can check the battery status (% level) without having to install the battery in the
aircraft and powering up the RC and aircraft and using the  DJI Go app?  Something to check each battery % level besides a multimeter.  I have 8 batteries and I like to ensure they are at 100% before heading out to fly/shoot.  There must be a better, easier way other than the DJI GO app.  I hope/wish.  LOL.

PS:  I pre-ordered the Mavic Pro Bundle package last Oct 6th. Any word on when I might acually get my hands on it?  Before Christams maybe?

Thanks for your help.

Rick
2016-11-15
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hi DAP.

Coach mode allows the 2nd controller Operator to have control of the aircraft (e.g. for training purposes) with the primary controller able to take over immediately as required.
And no, nothing out there that will tell you an accurate percentage of battery charge - you have to insert into the AC and look via the app.

I'll leave the other questions to someone else.
2016-11-15
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Smart RTH is just an automatic RTH when the battery gets to a predetermined point to make it safely back to the Home Point .  Do not always rely on this calculation to be correct as a headwind on the Return Home trip could be fatal to the aircraft .  
RTH covers several areas but have the same basic  funtion : get the aircraft back to the Home Point .  ALWAYS  listen for the announcement " Home Point Recorded " before taking off. it is a good habit to make sure the volume is way high  anbd also you can Hear any other warnings as well.

RTH will also be initiated if you loose control signal for  3 seconds and if you lose video for  6 seconds .  The FASTEST  way  to cancel a RTH is to press the RTH circular button on the remote .  

Also RTH will not be initiated with 20 meteres from the Home point  if you are just outside of the circle  and the RTH is initiated it will climb to a specified altitude and begin the trip back home , cancel it immediatly if you dont want this to happen as you have limited control of the ascent once  the process begins .  

Make sure the RTH will be higher than any obstacle in you area but no higher , usually when RTH is initiatetd you are low on power anyway , dont waste it by having a ridiculusly  high RTH setting , it will only drain the battery more than necessary.

The  Yaw endpoint is realy a stupid way of describing its function . What this does is slow down or speed up the Yaw of the Aircraft .
[size=14.6667px]Yaw end point controls the top speed of the drones yaw. Think of the values of 100-150 as 100% to 150%. So you can increase the top speed of the drones yaw by 50% or thereabouts.  You want a nice slow pan when shooting video but when hot dogging you may want to max out the Yaw speed .

Long press action ?  What model are you referring ?  The only thing I can think of is when you press ( and hold )  the screen of the Go app you take control of the cameras gimbal as to where the camera is looking , it will turn into a green  circle and you can point the camera where you like .
I sure hope this helps you.

donnie

2016-11-16
Use props
DAP.UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3016014 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-16 09:30
Smart RTH is just an automatic RTH when the battery gets to a predetermined point to make it safely  ...

Model?  I have an Inspire 1 Pro Black Ed.  In the Go app there is an option that reads "Long Press Action"  with 2 options to select "Gimbal Control" or "Focus Control"  I have selected each one and have "long pressed"  the right wheel, C1, C2 and nothing happens.  Can't figure out what it does.

Thanks for your reply.  Most of what you describe about RTH I knew.  Just not the Smart RTH feature.

Someone should invent or develop a unit to check these batteries.  I think it would sell big.  I know they make them for regular LiPos but connect to the balance cable.

Anyway thanks again to everyone who responded to my questions.  Really appreciate it.

Rick
Diana Aerial Perspectives
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DAP.UAV Posted at 2016-11-17 00:57
Model?  I have an Inspire 1 Pro Black Ed.  In the Go app there is an option that reads "Long Press ...

Hi Rick, please try to long press the screen.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules